5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
April 2, 2024, 7:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,969
Gold Stars: 360
Hume’s pedigree suggests he’s better than what he’s shown so far, which is below par and was really not good on Saturday. Big contributor to not winning the game.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 48
Maringer
April 2, 2024, 7:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,622
Gold Stars: 185
I remain quite bemused that Hume has played all of his career at a higher level, because he doesn't look like somebody playing within himself at the moment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 48
Spurn boy
April 2, 2024, 7:19pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,264
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Maringer
I remain quite bemused that Hume has played all of his career at a higher level, because he doesn't look like somebody playing within himself at the moment.

You could probably say the same thing about most of the team at the moment !!

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 48
toontown
April 2, 2024, 7:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
I thought he started adequately, nothing more, then improved to look decent, but he has faded a bit and I think he was definitely poor on Saturday even without his error for the red/pen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 48
toontown
April 2, 2024, 7:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
It's funny cos he is one of those players who some people say is great and above the level and others who think he is dreadful (probably Glennon fans at a guess). I think he has been in between, I do think he's defensively noticeably better than Glennon, but certainly doesn't offer as much as him going forward.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 48
CSLM
April 2, 2024, 8:24pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +645
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from toontown
It's funny cos he is one of those players who some people say is great and above the level and others who think he is dreadful (probably Glennon fans at a guess). I think he has been in between, I do think he's defensively noticeably better than Glennon, but certainly doesn't offer as much as him going forward.

That what I was thinking. Overall i think he has been pretty decent, not including Monday.

I must be one of the few who thought he actually put some decent crosses in. We never seem to win an offensive header is more of the problem. The defenders kept making their runs to early and so weren't attacking the ball at the right time. He was hitting some great areas but our players couldn't seem to anticipate where the space was. Saying that there were a couple of shockers.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 48
Maringer
April 2, 2024, 10:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I'm not a fan of Glennon and I'm also not a fan of Hume!

Glennon too slow but stronger in the air than Hume. I'd say his delivery from set pieces is probably a bit better.

Hume more mobile but weak in the air and I wouldn't say he's a great defender, either. Not much to choose between them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 48
LocalLadGTFC
April 2, 2024, 10:16pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,306
Gold Stars: 137
I'd have Vernam left wing back if i'm honest, we lack pace and someone that can make them worry about going the other way. He's both footed and direct, would 100% be a better choice than what we've got.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 37 - 48
Maringer
April 2, 2024, 10:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
We'd have to rely on somebody else to do most of his defending, though. I suppose if Khouri was fit enough, he could perhaps play on the left of a midfield 3 to do this role (he's played left-back, I seem to think?), but I'm not convinced that Andrews is quite quick enough to do the same, though I don't think he's too bad a player.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 48
Lincoln Mariner 56
April 2, 2024, 10:49pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,756
Gold Stars: 80
Quoted from Maringer
We'd have to rely on somebody else to do most of his defending, though. I suppose if Khouri was fit enough, he could perhaps play on the left of a midfield 3 to do this role (he's played left-back, I seem to think?), but I'm not convinced that Andrews is quite quick enough to do the same, though I don't think he's too bad a player.

Well I am a Glennon fan, but accept he’s guilty of the odd rickett, and I agree that we’ve missed his quality going forward which is far in excess of anything Hume can offer and he would benefit defensively by having more support through the three centre backs. Ideally I would like Khouri or Ainley to play on that left hand side but given their lack of match time, and given Smith played well yesterday, I would play Clifton on the left and probably stick with Gavon the right. Can’t say I’m comfortable with that trio and if Vernam was match fit I would contemplate him on left and Harry on the right which might give us more energy and pace going forwards whilst not putting too much pressure on our back players.

Wilson and Rose up front and you never know we might just win.

Have to say when you sit here thinking who to play in midfield it ain’t easy to identify any three that give confidence in their collective ability to dominate a game.

Oh well
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Hume Red Card

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.