HertsGTFC
April 1, 2024, 7:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Thanks chaps 👍

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 48
TAGG
April 2, 2024, 10:55am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,940
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC
Yeah it was a straight red, guessing the ref has deemed he's made no attempt to play the ball and denied a goal scoring opportunity.

Just shows our luck because if that's the case the keeper that gave away the peno Gav missed should have been sent off

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 48
diehardmariner
April 2, 2024, 3:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,652
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from HerveJosse

Add in  consequential loss ie we are relegated because of their absence as our barrister will eloquently explain and the claim suddenly becomes substantial. I pointed this out weeks ago.

Just so I can get my head round this.  Are you saying that Maher and Glennon aren't in the team, which almost means we're heading into the weekend with just four available defenders, is owing to a gamble taken on the amount of compensation we (as the football club) are about to garner as a result of their accident?
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 48
Theimperialcoroner
April 2, 2024, 3:50pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,244
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from diehardmariner

Just so I can get my head round this.  Are you saying that Maher and Glennon aren't in the team, which almost means we're heading into the weekend with just four available defenders, is owing to a gamble taken on the amount of compensation we (as the football club) are about to garner as a result of their accident?

Both were at the game on Monday. Apparently Glennon is fit and available, Maher not. If that’s the case Glennon seems nail on to start on Saturday. Just hope we get the good version and not someone who can’t be arsed.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 48
LocalLadGTFC
April 2, 2024, 3:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,306
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Both were at the game on Monday. Apparently Glennon is fit and available, Maher not. If that’s the case Glennon seems nail on to start on Saturday. Just hope we get the good version and not someone who can’t be arsed.

From what i've heard, both are unavailable due to the whiplash thing. Certainly don't believe Glennon is available because if so why on earth would you have Evan Khouri who's just coming back from a serious illness on the bench over Glennon? I can't remember the last time Glennon was in the 18. They've been at every home game and to the naked eye look totally fine.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 48
Northbank Mariner
April 2, 2024, 4:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,528
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

From what i've heard, both are unavailable due to the whiplash thing. Certainly don't believe Glennon is available because if so why on earth would you have Evan Khouri who's just coming back from a serious illness on the bench over Glennon? I can't remember the last time Glennon was in the 18. They've been at every home game and to the naked eye look totally fine.

Artell gave update prior to the Bradford game, Glennon is fit and training well, Maher has a thigh/hamstring strain so not available.
As others have said, just hope the decent Glennon shows up, maybe put HC at wing back to cover him if he marauder forward.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 48
diehardmariner
April 2, 2024, 5:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,652
Gold Stars: 539
If Glennon is available and fit, it baffles me that he hasn't at least sat on the bench for the last few games - especially yesterday.

No defender on the bench and to be completely honest not really anything that resembles someone who could do a job either and as has been pointed out left sided cover provided by a lad who dropped over a stone in weight due to illness.

Glennon hasn't featured from the 0-0 at Accrington on 2nd Feb, the same day Hume made his debut.  Maher last a further two games, the last of which was the 5-1 tonking by Donny.  I think (happy to be corrected) it was two games later  (FGR at home) when they were both involved in the car accident?
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 48
Hagrid
April 2, 2024, 5:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,475
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from diehardmariner
If Glennon is available and fit, it baffles me that he hasn't at least sat on the bench for the last few games - especially yesterday.

No defender on the bench and to be completely honest not really anything that resembles someone who could do a job either and as has been pointed out left sided cover provided by a lad who dropped over a stone in weight due to illness.

Glennon hasn't featured from the 0-0 at Accrington on 2nd Feb, the same day Hume made his debut.  Maher last a further two games, the last of which was the 5-1 tonking by Donny.  I think (happy to be corrected) it was two games later  (FGR at home) when they were both involved in the car accident?

Glennon first and foremost is a defender who cant defend. doesnt surprise me that he hasnt been involved
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 48
LocalLadGTFC
April 2, 2024, 5:35pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,306
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Hagrid

Glennon first and foremost is a defender who cant defend. doesnt surprise me that he hasnt been involved

Should be on for his set piece delivery at least though, the amount of overhit free kicks and corners into the box yesterday from Hume was nothing short of embarrassing.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 28 - 48
Maringer
April 2, 2024, 7:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,622
Gold Stars: 185
I'm not convinced that Hume is any better at defending that Glennon! He's certainly quicker which might be enough to win him the place. Very disappointed with his delivery from set pieces, as I seem to think he was reportedly good in this area. That said, it's not so long ago that we were all moaning about how it was Glennon whacking in all the set pieces to little effect. The little effect is probably more to do with the players attacking the ball.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Hume Red Card

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.