8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Bristol Mariner
February 22, 2024, 10:01pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Without wanting to appear a Billy Big Bollox announcing in a post and wanting sympathy - far from it, the posts on here have become a mass of vitrolic hatred.  Constant criticism of players, management, staff and owners have become the forum.  

Post after post about DA and the owners, scotch eggs, glass screens, individual players etc etc. We have people coming on here name dropping players as 'the worst player I've seen at BP'.

I've seen folk on here in the past week slagging of the Trust, one bloke even asking what Christine does!

There's a toxicity, intercourse me what if some of the players read this excrement on here!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, however, we've been poor for 20 years and we ain't a Championship club anymore let's not kid ourselves.

Are these negative excrement stirring keyboard posters the same fans that go to Morecombe, Newport, Walsall etc etc, I think not.

Have a bit of pride, DA and the owners hate losing, we all hate it, not one of the entire staff of GTFC wants to go back to the Conference.

Support the club, the players, the owners - you never know we might all pull together and improve as one.

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
davmariner
February 22, 2024, 10:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,935
Just because people have a different opinion to you doesn’t mean it’s a forum of hate, it’s reflecting what’s happening at the club and on the pitch. Nor does it call for a holier than thou approach from a small number of fans.

The Fishy is actually pretty united in not being happy at what’s been happening at the club (and with good reason). I go to all the home matches and a decent chunk of the away. That doesn’t mean that I think those who don’t shouldn’t air their opinions whether they’re positive or negative.

The fans were well behind the team at the Doncaster game, even at 2-0 down. So they can’t churn out that excuse anymore.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 72
mariner91
February 22, 2024, 10:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,652
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from Bristol Mariner

There's a toxicity, intercourse me what if some of the players read this excrement on here!

I would never boo at a game and shout abuse. I’ll encourage and cheer on the players for 90 minutes. But given the absolute state of the side at the minute I couldn’t give two shíts if their feelings are hurt if they read the comments on here when people are venting. They are well paid to do a job that doesn’t have that many hours to work and that a lot of us on here would kill to be able to do for a living. The fact that we saw a real lack of effort and willingness to get stuck in in the last few weeks means that, other than Danny Rose, they can all fúck off as far as I’m concerned. I can put up with footballing mistakes but it’s the moping and heads down when things go wrong that grips my shīt. It’s your job, dust yourself off and try to put it right.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 72
MuddyWaters
February 22, 2024, 10:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,254
Gold Stars: 236
Without wanting to appear a Billy Big Bollox announcing in a post and wanting sympathy - far from it, the posts on here have become a mass of vitrolic hatred.  Constant criticism of players, management, staff and owners have become the forum.  

Post after post about DA and the owners, scotch eggs, glass screens, individual players etc etc. We have people coming on here name dropping players as 'the worst player I've seen at BP'.

I've seen folk on here in the past week slagging of the Trust, one bloke even asking what Christine does!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, however, we've been poor for 20 years and we ain't a Championship club anymore let's not kid ourselves.

Are these negative excrement stirring keyboard posters the same fans that go to Morecombe, Newport, Walsall etc etc, I think not.

Have a bit of pride, DA and the owners hate losing, we all hate it, not one of the entire staff of GTFC wants to go back to the Conference.

Support the club, the players, the owners - you never know we might all pull together and improve as one.

If you haven’t noticed, we’ve conceded a shipload of goals, haven’t won this year and find ourselves in an all too familiar relegation scrap. This is in spite of continued growth in support and what should have been a season where we progressed from the fruits of a massive cup run.

The first two years under these owners have been great - but we’ve hit the buffers - bloody hard.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 72
arryarryarry
February 22, 2024, 10:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 116

Hi, not sure where you have been but I will try to put you in the picture.

We currently have a manager who is overseeing some of our worst form in our recent history.

We are currently getting dicked at home on a regular basis.

We seem to have owners who got rid of a manager based on that manager's previous data whilst continuing with a manager who is performing worse.

We are 3rd from bottom of Division 4 of the EFL  and could possibly end up getting relegated into Non League for God knows how many years unless we see a dramatic up turn in our form.

If I think of anything else I will let you know.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 72
Marinerdeano
February 22, 2024, 10:22pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +467
Gold Stars: 27
In a strange way, this forum had just about run out criticisms this week, I mean what more can you say other than going over old ground. All we can hope is that the team get their act together on Saturday now.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 72
Mappers
February 22, 2024, 10:22pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,324
Gold Stars: 118

I think hates a bit strong

A forum is based on opinions and respecting others whether you agree or not .

If the players read on here , I would suggest use it as a driver for better performance and improvement rather than think 'poor me' . If i was putting in a similar level of performance in my profession I would be facing disciplinary action and eventually the boot .

The trust do a great job and I think most would agree.

I think some of the things you talk about are a pretty low % of the actual posts , most are constructed with thought and there is hardly personal abuse or anything that crosses the line is there ?

Things would be the same on any clubs message board if they had been torched so many times at home , christ around the time Bristol Rovers signed Conteh I browsed there's and after losing a game or two it was in complete meltdown ; made this place look mild by comparison .

Most of us like the owners , but we are not doing well on the pitch and at the end of the day people are going to hold them accountable for that whether fair or not ; I'm not sure that's some sort of suprise  tbh .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 72
grimsby pete
February 22, 2024, 10:46pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,799
Gold Stars: 222
We have one of two that go over the top with their criticisms but in general most of us are just fed up with what is happening to our club the club we love.

Getting hammered letting five in twice and six is very hard to take.

If the players can turn things round it will be all love and flowers on here.

D.A. Will now have to change his tactics though because there is only him that knows what he is trying to do.

1878 have had loads of nice things said about them but they must except a bit slagging off when we are so bad.on the pitch.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 72
GrimRob
February 22, 2024, 10:49pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,409
Gold Stars: 113
Criticism of criticism. You often see people cherry-pick one or two posts and say it's representative of the entire forum.

Broadly I think you will find much the same points being made here as anywhere else where GTFC is discussed.

Yes, people don't post as much after a win (very rare, less common than a full moon), I think that is human nature though.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 72
February 22, 2024, 10:52pm
Guest User
Accountability and Transparency

If going to be B corp the highest standards have been set by ownership

https://www.bcorporation.net/en-us/certification/
Reply: 9 - 72
HertsGTFC
February 22, 2024, 10:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,945
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from mariner91

I would never boo at a game and shout abuse. I’ll encourage and cheer on the players for 90 minutes. But given the absolute state of the side at the minute I couldn’t give two shíts if their feelings are hurt if they read the comments on here when people are venting. They are well paid to do a job that doesn’t have that many hours to work and that a lot of us on here would kill to be able to do for a living. The fact that we saw a real lack of effort and willingness to get stuck in in the last few weeks means that, other than Danny Rose, they can all fúck off as far as I’m concerned. I can put up with footballing mistakes but it’s the moping and heads down when things go wrong that grips my shīt. It’s your job, dust yourself off and try to put it right.

This ⬆️

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 72
arryarryarry
February 23, 2024, 1:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Mappers

I think hates a bit strong

A forum is based on opinions and respecting others whether you agree or not .

If the players read on here , I would suggest use it as a driver for better performance and improvement rather than think 'poor me' . If i was putting in a similar level of performance in my profession I would be facing disciplinary action and eventually the boot .

The trust do a great job and I think most would agree.

I think some of the things you talk about are a pretty low % of the actual posts , most are constructed with thought and there is hardly personal abuse or anything that crosses the line is there ?

Things would be the same on any clubs message board if they had been torched so many times at home , christ around the time Bristol Rovers signed Conteh I browsed there's and after losing a game or two it was in complete meltdown ; made this place look mild by comparison .

Most of us like the owners , but we are not doing well on the pitch and at the end of the day people are going to hold them accountable for that whether fair or not ; I'm not sure that's some sort of suprise  tbh .

Exactly..................having a peep at the Donny Rovers forum a few weeks ago and they were full of how crap some of their players are and many wanting the manager gone yet were chanting his name whilst they were pissing all over us.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 72
GollyGTFC
February 23, 2024, 6:32am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,962
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from HertsGTFC

This ⬆️

Aye. My first game was Boxing Day 1992. I’ve seen my fair number of terrible Town teams in that time that lacked the quality to compete at the level they were competing at, but I honestly think this team is the most spineless and gutless team I’ve seen represent Town. And I couldn’t care less if they all read this and it upsets them.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 72
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
February 23, 2024, 7:01am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
It’s not a forum of hate, it’s a forum of reality at the moment and some of you deluded types cannot accept that. We are in deep trouble and are basically relying on two poor teams to continue to be worse than us. Let’s hope we find a few more points because if we go down again, ,thousands of fans will walk away

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 72
Yarborough Vaults
February 23, 2024, 7:17am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +214
Gold Stars: 32
The results are bad enough but it's Artell's incoherent interviews and mindset that are worrying me the most.

It feels like we are now cut adrift with someone at the helm who is constantly making the wrong decision

Naturally, I hope I am very wrong about this but that is the impression I have at the moment. Couple of wins and all will be forgiven though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 72
It Bites
February 23, 2024, 7:24am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,201
Gold Stars: 265

You’re making every poster on here sound like a terrorist you drama queen . It’s a board of free speech and pub talk
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 72
1mickylyons
February 23, 2024, 7:25am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Ha here we go it's all The Fishy fault again.

Only most of us on here are STH and save the ranting for here rather than the ground.You talk about toxic well wait till FGR and if we lose that game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 72
TuckerJenkins
February 23, 2024, 7:31am

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +67
Gold Stars: 1
Self inflicted problems again. They won't be making a film about this season.

Flippin' 'eck Tucker!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 72
HertsGTFC
February 23, 2024, 7:41am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Aye. My first game was Boxing Day 1992. I’ve seen my fair number of terrible Town teams in that time that lacked the quality to compete at the level they were competing at, but I honestly think this team is the most spineless and gutless team I’ve seen represent Town. And I couldn’t care less if they all read this and it upsets them.

Was that the Barnsley game? really good game that.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 72
Mariner_501
February 23, 2024, 7:50am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Tbh I think everybody involved in the club is getting off easy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 72
GYinScuntland
February 23, 2024, 8:11am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97

I don't know about Billy Big Bollox but you seem to me to be either confused or a raving hypocrite.
You write that everyone is entitled to their opinion but then try to do a hatchet job on those that express their opinion.
I think you've made yourself appear silly, that's just my opinion of course.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 72
LH
February 23, 2024, 8:17am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,527
Gold Stars: 173
More Willie Wet Pants than Billy Big balderdash.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 72
chaos33
February 23, 2024, 8:43am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Bit of an over dramatic stretch to call it a ‘forum of hate’.
Disappointment, frustration, anger even - yeah and understandably so. It’s not just that though is it.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 72
Abdul19
February 23, 2024, 9:09am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,566
Gold Stars: 216
Grim Rob part of the axis of evil.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 72
Northbank Mariner
February 23, 2024, 9:16am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,465
Gold Stars: 171
You only need to drop onto to Twitter, Facebook or Instagram to see the reputation The Fishy has.

Yes, it can be quite vitriolic at times, but normally we kiss and make up at some point

I've had many a hot headed discussion with posters on here but I've never held or grudge or got over personal, would hate it if we can't swap opinions, stand by our own convictions. I'd gladly stand in a pub and have the same conversations, keeps it real imo.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 72
supertown
February 23, 2024, 9:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,458
Gold Stars: 53
A forum of hate ? After what Steve the fish has done recently. Aren’t you cherry picking the threads somewhat
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 72
February 23, 2024, 9:24am
Guest User
Sounds like a band that would support Slipknot.
Reply: 26 - 72
It Bites
February 23, 2024, 9:30am
Champagne Drinker
It’s only a matter of time and before Fenty turns up on here and blame the fishy again

Discussion never hurt any thing and if you think it does then go live with Vladimir
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 72
Teesknees
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from 140381

I was thinking a bit similar to Cradle of Filth!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 72
It Bites
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from 140381

😂😂
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 72
It Bites
February 23, 2024, 9:32am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
You only need to drop onto to Twitter, Facebook or Instagram to see the reputation The Fishy has.

Yes, it can be quite vitriolic at times, but normally we kiss and make up at some point

I've had many a hot headed discussion with posters on here but I've never held or grudge or got over personal, would hate it if we can't swap opinions, stand by our own convictions. I'd gladly stand in a pub and have the same conversations, keeps it real imo.

You’re bang on . I’ve fallen out with plenty on here but I never hold a grudge, ever . I’d even go for a pint with Yoda and BW bear 😂😂
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 72
ska face
February 23, 2024, 9:46am

Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Saw someone comment on twitter about the fishy the other day. “Ooh I never go on there but had a look and oh my word!”

It’s like peering through your neighbours windows & complaining about what they’re watching on telly. Very odd behaviour.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 72
Hagrid
February 23, 2024, 10:00am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,419
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Aye well flipping said.

Wouldnt want to be in the trenches with any of them bar 2 or 3
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 72
Hagrid
February 23, 2024, 10:01am

Barley Wine Drinker
Unless we lose 5-0 you could be a shoe in for TOTW Bristol mariner! Congratulations
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 72
GollyGTFC
February 23, 2024, 10:32am

Whiskey Drinker
Yeah, it was. Won 4-2. Goals from Gilbert (2), Groves & Watson. I very young Peter Handyside played at the back alongside Graham Rodger. And Paul Wilkinson scored for t’Barnsley.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 34 - 72
GollyGTFC
February 23, 2024, 10:34am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Abdul19
Grim Rob part of the axis of evil.

I’ve always had him down as a Tofu eater.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 35 - 72
GrimRob
February 23, 2024, 10:36am

Quoted from ska face
Saw someone comment on twitter about the fishy the other day. “Ooh I never go on there but had a look and oh my word!”

That really is the pot calling the kettle black. At least you don't get followed by Russian bots masquerading as beautiful women and can't watch executions on here (although the latter can be arranged, if required)

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Reply: 36 - 72
BobbyCummingsTackle
February 23, 2024, 10:46am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,277
Gold Stars: 306
Quoted from GrimRob

That really is the pot calling the kettle black. At least you don't get followed by Russian bots masquerading as beautiful women and can't watch executions on here (although the latter can be arranged, if required)

WHAT?????

Tatiana loves me. She told me that the last time I sent her a grand. She's coming here in May and we're going to live happily ever after. With tons of really dirty sex. She told me.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 72
Poojah
February 23, 2024, 10:50am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,560
Gold Stars: 1,500

WHAT?????

Tatiana loves me. She told me that the last time I sent her a grand. She's coming here in May and we're going to live happily ever after. With tons of really dirty sex. She told me.

“Tatiana”…

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 72
heppy88
February 23, 2024, 10:50am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
To be honest I love The Fishy. I've said it before, but I doubt  there are many, better football forums out there.   I've never understood those who criticise The Fishy who are not members of it. There is some great debate, with some well thought out and well structured posts. Yes, there are some heated posts and exchanges, especially when the going is tough, as is the current case. Yes, there are some posts that can come across as bitter, arrogant, childish etc. But hey ho, we are all imperfect human beings at the end of the day, trying to muddle along as best we can. Like I say, I love the Fishy and for me it will be a sad day if it ever comes to an end. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 72
Poojah
February 23, 2024, 10:52am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from heppy88
To be honest I love The Fishy. I've said it before, but I doubt  there are many, better football forums out there.   I've never understood those who criticise The Fishy who are not members of it. There is some great debate, with some well thought out and well structured posts. Yes, there are some heated posts and exchanges, especially when the going is tough, as is the current case. Yes, there are some posts that can come across as bitter, arrogant, childish etc. But hey ho, we are all imperfect human beings at the end of the day, trying to muddle along as best we can. Like I say, I love the Fishy and for me it will be a sad day if it ever comes to an end. UTM

No word of a lie, when Fenty temporarily shut the place down about 10 years or so ago, I found myself wánking so much just to fill the void that I nearly died. Like, proper. Needed CPR and everything.

Never let that happen again, Rob.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 72
BobbyCummingsTackle
February 23, 2024, 10:54am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

“Tatiana”…

And your point is?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 72
Poojah
February 23, 2024, 10:55am
Vodka Drinker

And your point is?

Not as erect as yours by the sounds of it.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 72
livosnose
February 23, 2024, 10:57am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,172
Gold Stars: 15
Boring reading forums of hate with your life. Not for me I like it .

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 72
Poojah
February 23, 2024, 10:59am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from livosnose

RIP Big Keith (the other one).

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 72
HertsGTFC
February 23, 2024, 11:11am

Barley Wine Drinker
I just watched for the first part of this season and didn't post anything, actually doing that re-engaged me.

You have to take message boards into context and when you consider the harm that other platforms such as Facebook can cause people the Fishy & similar isn't that big a deal. People have taken their own lives on the basis of social media and message boards etc.. though the Fishy can drive you to despair I'm sure it's not had that impact on anyone.

I don't see "hate" for sure but I do see a bit of spite and bile which is arguably a reflection of how people behave within a group, not everyone can be the same. You have to accept others views no matter how much they may not align with your own and my be limiting beliefs.

Maybe the perceived hate is just people coming to terms with the fact we're not the "mighty" Mariners after all.

What I do find frustrating and at times I must admit entertaining is when there's nothing going on the forum regurgitates the same topics and arguments, some of which are closed now...

- Fenty is a c*** for the Mike Parker shares thing (true though)
- Fenty is juts a c*** anyway. (see above)
- Hurst was stubborn and not all that. (for stubborn see Artell)
- We should have a new ground as clearly we'd attract 18,000 every week.
- New one - JS is a lefty  
- Let's just have a pop at the trust
- Why aren't people falling over themselves to join us.
- We have a divine right to be in the EFL as we're 145/6 years old

There's probably a few more.

All in all the Fishy is just a busy Saturday afternoon pub but sadly wiothout any beer.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 72
GrimRob
February 23, 2024, 11:11am

Quoted from Poojah

No word of a lie, when Fenty temporarily shut the place down about 10 years or so ago, I found myself wánking so much just to fill the void that I nearly died. Like, proper. Needed CPR and everything.

Never let that happen again, Rob.

As long as there is an audience there will be a Fishy

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Reply: 46 - 72
oochiad
February 23, 2024, 11:26am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,719
Gold Stars: 28
Artell has said in today’s offering ‘we are a head of the curve in some aspects’?????? Wtf!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 72
Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie
February 23, 2024, 11:33am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,468
Gold Stars: 15
And he says the “overall underlying performance is good”. If that’s good, I’d hate to see us have an off day!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 72
chaos33
February 23, 2024, 11:41am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
I’ve just seen and heard that. Just absolute cobblers.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 72
Poojah
February 23, 2024, 11:51am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from oochiad
Artell has said in today’s offering ‘we are infront of the curve in some aspects’?????? Wtf!!

If he’s talking about the “goals against” column then he’s bang on the money tbf.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 72
GrimPol
February 23, 2024, 11:53am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -671
Gold Stars: 69

That was going on when the last regime was in power, and the only input from you was as above.
A tradition that you were a part of is just being carried on. Don't start crying now.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 72
Hagrid
February 23, 2024, 11:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Just watched it myself, thought he looked ill.

But some of the things he's saying, surely he doesnt even believe it himself?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 72
realist
February 23, 2024, 11:56am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
It's a forum of disappointment, not hate.
Players, manager, and owners have all failed to deliver in a results led business.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 72
GrimRob
February 23, 2024, 11:57am

Quoted from realist
It's a forum of disappointment, not hate.
Players, manager, and owners have all failed to deliver in a results led business.

The underlying performance is good though and the data backs that up so we don't need to worry

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Reply: 54 - 72
davmariner
February 23, 2024, 12:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,935
Quoted from Hagrid
Just watched it myself, thought he looked ill.

But some of the things he's saying, surely he doesnt even believe it himself?

I thought the same, clearly stressed with bags under his eyes and generally a bit rough. I am starting to feel sorry for the guy - I don’t think he’s a bad person but it just hasn’t worked.

The question is, will the owners put him out of his misery?

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 72
It Bites
February 23, 2024, 12:20pm
Champagne Drinker
Indiana Jones and The Forum of Hate
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 72
It Bites
February 23, 2024, 12:21pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from davmariner

I thought the same, clearly stressed with bags under his eyes and generally a bit rough. I am starting to feel sorry for the guy - I don’t think he’s a bad person but it just hasn’t worked.

I’m with you there . The guy needs a hug
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 72
BobbyCummingsTackle
February 23, 2024, 12:57pm
Champagne Drinker
That interview has worried me...

"we were by far the better team in the first half" we were 2-0 down in 10 minutes.

"the data shows we are ahead of the curve in some aspects" What aspects? we've shipped 20+ goals in 6 games.

"we've improved our goals expected ratio but we're not scoring them" xG ratio wins us nothing.

"The players are up for it, they're working too hard in some ways.." Maybe on the training ground they are, not in a game (some exceptions here obviously)

I think he's clutching at straws.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 72
GrimPol
February 23, 2024, 1:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -671
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from livosnose

My wife is hooked on The Traitors, where everybody is shocked that someone is lying.

I think "The Fishy: Gothic Musical Melodrama"  will be a big hit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 72
Mariner_501
February 23, 2024, 1:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Quoted from davmariner

Why doesn’t he leave himself?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 72
promotion plaice
February 23, 2024, 2:39pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,067
Gold Stars: 198
Quoted from Mariner_501

Why doesn’t he leave himself?

Probably wouldn't receive a pay-off if he did, don't blame him. Anyway I hope it all comes good at Morecambe and beyond.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 72
TheRealJohnLewis
February 23, 2024, 2:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Twitter and Facebook are cesspits, but they have nothing on the spite and bile that gets posted here.
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 72
paramariner
February 23, 2024, 3:32pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +197
Gold Stars: 8
The vast majority of criticism is of Artell, fair enough he bears overall responsibility.  However he isn't the one on the pitch missing easy chances and not being able to complete 5 yard passes is he.  If Green and Clifton had scored against Donny we'd have been 3 - 2 up, who knows where that might have taken us. Our players are professionals, they shouldn't need to be shown basic defence or attacking/finishing. In a nutshell, if we're gonna slag them off, let's treat them all the same and not just whipping boy Artell. My opinion for what it's worth.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 72
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 23, 2024, 4:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,697
Quoted from paramariner
The vast majority of criticism is of Artell, fair enough he bears overall responsibility.  However he isn't the one on the pitch missing easy chances and not being able to complete 5 yard passes is he.  If Green and Clifton had scored against Donny we'd have been 3 - 2 up, who knows where that might have taken us. Our players are professionals, they shouldn't need to be shown basic defence or attacking/finishing. In a nutshell, if we're gonna slag them off, let's treat them all the same and not just whipping boy Artell. My opinion for what it's worth.

Think you will find in last week’s Just Back thread that the criticism was pretty much aimed at everyone involved with Green and Clifton very much in the firing line.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 72
BrMarin
February 23, 2024, 4:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +96
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from paramariner
if we're gonna slag them off, let's treat them all the same and not just whipping boy Artell. My opinion for what it's worth.

Yes. Can everyone stop saying how fantastic our midfield is. It's not fair on Artell
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 72
arryarryarry
February 23, 2024, 4:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from paramariner

No we wouldn't have been 3-2 up, it was the same passage of play.

If Green had scored Clifton's chance wouldn't have happened.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 72
DB
February 23, 2024, 4:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
Compared to some who have been here for years, I was new, but a forum of hate it is not. It does allow all fans to express their views, some of which you agree with and some you don't.

Yes, it does have the 'Popcorn Effect' now and again, but as the old adage says, 'Don't give it if you cannot take it'.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 72
Yoda
February 23, 2024, 4:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,162
Gold Stars: 71
Forum of hate not a chance go any forum where you have won hardly any games at home and one yes one away.
Shipping goals for fun at home every week and had 20 years plus of abject misery, we have a right to a moan now and then.

If it upsets the players so what grow up and maybe put a bit of effort in then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 72
louth_in_the_south
February 23, 2024, 5:22pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 96
When the gloves come off on the fishy , it’s one of the most entertaining places on the internet.
But forum of hate it’s not ffs . Forum of boll.ocks sometimes but not hate .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 72
It Bites
February 23, 2024, 5:28pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
When the gloves come off on the fishy , it’s one of the most entertaining places on the internet.
But forum of hate it’s not ffs . Forum of boll.ocks sometimes but not hate .

Brilliant mate . That’s how I see it . I never feel Hate on here at all . I talk bollox on here as much as the next man but Hate is a serious accusation in the current climate we live in . I don’t hate anyone who has played for or managed or owned our club . Although Mike Newells army came close  
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 72
ginnywings
February 23, 2024, 7:55pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
You ought to hear some of the bile I hear on a daily basis on any given construction site.

Racist, misogynistic, xenophobic vitriol is the order of the day, which makes this place sound lame in comparison.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 72
HertsGTFC
February 23, 2024, 8:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Forum of Hate - wasn’t they before Spear of Destiny?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 72
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Forum of hate

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.