Mariner_501
February 23, 2024, 1:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from davmariner

I thought the same, clearly stressed with bags under his eyes and generally a bit rough. I am starting to feel sorry for the guy - I don’t think he’s a bad person but it just hasn’t worked.

The question is, will the owners put him out of his misery?

Why doesn’t he leave himself?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 72
promotion plaice
February 23, 2024, 2:39pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,058
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from Mariner_501

Why doesn’t he leave himself?

Probably wouldn't receive a pay-off if he did, don't blame him. Anyway I hope it all comes good at Morecambe and beyond.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 72
TheRealJohnLewis
February 23, 2024, 2:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Twitter and Facebook are cesspits, but they have nothing on the spite and bile that gets posted here.
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 72
paramariner
February 23, 2024, 3:32pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +197
Gold Stars: 8
The vast majority of criticism is of Artell, fair enough he bears overall responsibility.  However he isn't the one on the pitch missing easy chances and not being able to complete 5 yard passes is he.  If Green and Clifton had scored against Donny we'd have been 3 - 2 up, who knows where that might have taken us. Our players are professionals, they shouldn't need to be shown basic defence or attacking/finishing. In a nutshell, if we're gonna slag them off, let's treat them all the same and not just whipping boy Artell. My opinion for what it's worth.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 72
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 23, 2024, 4:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,692
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from paramariner
The vast majority of criticism is of Artell, fair enough he bears overall responsibility.  However he isn't the one on the pitch missing easy chances and not being able to complete 5 yard passes is he.  If Green and Clifton had scored against Donny we'd have been 3 - 2 up, who knows where that might have taken us. Our players are professionals, they shouldn't need to be shown basic defence or attacking/finishing. In a nutshell, if we're gonna slag them off, let's treat them all the same and not just whipping boy Artell. My opinion for what it's worth.

Think you will find in last week’s Just Back thread that the criticism was pretty much aimed at everyone involved with Green and Clifton very much in the firing line.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 72
BrMarin
February 23, 2024, 4:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +96
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from paramariner
if we're gonna slag them off, let's treat them all the same and not just whipping boy Artell. My opinion for what it's worth.

Yes. Can everyone stop saying how fantastic our midfield is. It's not fair on Artell
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 72
arryarryarry
February 23, 2024, 4:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from paramariner

No we wouldn't have been 3-2 up, it was the same passage of play.

If Green had scored Clifton's chance wouldn't have happened.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 72
DB
February 23, 2024, 4:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,014
Gold Stars: 386
Compared to some who have been here for years, I was new, but a forum of hate it is not. It does allow all fans to express their views, some of which you agree with and some you don't.

Yes, it does have the 'Popcorn Effect' now and again, but as the old adage says, 'Don't give it if you cannot take it'.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 72
Yoda
February 23, 2024, 4:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,162
Gold Stars: 71
Forum of hate not a chance go any forum where you have won hardly any games at home and one yes one away.
Shipping goals for fun at home every week and had 20 years plus of abject misery, we have a right to a moan now and then.

If it upsets the players so what grow up and maybe put a bit of effort in then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 72
louth_in_the_south
February 23, 2024, 5:22pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,681
Gold Stars: 96
When the gloves come off on the fishy , it’s one of the most entertaining places on the internet.
But forum of hate it’s not ffs . Forum of boll.ocks sometimes but not hate .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 72
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Forum of hate

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.