Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Next Season L2

This thread currently has 2,942 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
February 21, 2024, 1:20pm
Guest User

If relegated hoping DA has release clause

Staying up next season needs to be top 3 within 10-12 games at least !

Reply: 20 - 35
DB
February 21, 2024, 2:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,025
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from davmariner

How are you defining 'good manager'? I'd say a good manager is one that can take on a team, get the best out of them and pick up points. Which he hasn't done at all.

Unfortunately, Lawrie McMenemy isn't available and his types are few and far between. If Artell had some players who were available to play his system, came during 1st week of close season with an influx of those players, plus a budget to swap players who don't fit then he would be ok.

Unfortunately, he has failed, in my opinion in the transfer window.

When he came he failed to realise the state the playing staff was in, in regard as to how they play.
He has recognised the lack of bonding and team spirit in the squad.

The fact that he kept on saying " We're too good to go down" when it was obvious to others we weren't.

The arrogance of suggesting it may be the fan's fault for the atmosphere at BP. The atmosphere is made up of what the team provides on the pitch.

Will he beable to turn it around, my heart says Yes but alas the data in my brain is saying No.

Will he make a good manager, yes but only for the reasons in my first paragraph.

Final two words,

Artell Out

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 35
forza ivano
February 21, 2024, 2:55pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,207
Gold Stars: 265
I think it's more pertinent to be looking at the strength of the National League next season!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 35
GrimRob
February 21, 2024, 4:22pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,418
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from 141325

If relegated hoping DA has release clause

If he is still here on the day we get relegated then everyone on the board should be sectioned under the mental health act.

Only chance of him staying is a miraculous and rapid turnaround in fortunes. He should be long gone by the time we go down.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 35
lew chaterleys lover
February 21, 2024, 4:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,726
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from GrimRob

If he is still here on the day we get relegated then everyone on the board should be sectioned under the mental health act.

Only chance of him staying is a miraculous and rapid turnaround in fortunes. He should be long gone by the time we go down.

Despite everything I am still in the camp of wanting him to turn it around, but I know in my heart of hearts you are probably right and it was just the wrong appointment.

Stockwood was member a hoop with his capture though. He said he did what he does with important appointments and invited him to his home to get a better impression of the man, and he said it was even better than he imagined. No doubt he shares a lot of Stockwoods beliefs and ways of working, but it is a fine line in getting someone who shares your outlook on life, as to whether they would be right as Head coach.

But then the 21st Group should have raised concerns as surely they would have been consulted?

With this experience in mind it is easy to see how managers go from one job to another despite regularly being sacked; they are in the loop so to speak, they know current players and agents and are less of a risk than someone who has not been in the game for a while.

It is a horrible dilemma for the board; I wouldn't want the responsibility of choosing a manager trying to please 6000 different opinions.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 35
Gaffer58
February 21, 2024, 5:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
If we stop up he’s here for next season, but if relegated then I think it’s 50/50 for the sack, but our leaders have shown already that they do not make rash,knee jerk reactions, the length of time they gave Hurst and the 6 week’s appointing Artell. Personally I hope he succeeds and does get the players, either new ones or the current ones, to play his style successfully.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 35
RonMariner
February 21, 2024, 5:34pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,724
Gold Stars: 226
If we go down I think he will get the sack.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 35
forza ivano
February 21, 2024, 7:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,207
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from RonMariner
If we go down I think he will get the sack.

I think it might be the exact opposite Ron. If he is still here in May then I fully expect him to be given the chance to storm to NL triumph (or not!)
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 35
toontown
February 21, 2024, 7:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,280
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from forza ivano

I think it might be the exact opposite Ron. If he is still here in May then I fully expect him to be given the chance to storm to NL triumph (or not!)

Yeah if they stick with him up to the point he relegates us then I think they'd try and stick with him in the NL. The negative season ticket implications might be what forces their hand there though.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 35
Yoda
February 21, 2024, 8:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,145
Gold Stars: 71
If they stick with him in non league season ticket sales will be sub 1000.
So that force JS to bullet him.

The only reason he’s here now is they cannot afford to get rid of him after paying Hurst off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Next Season L2

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.