Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › When Artell goes who do you want next.?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

When Artell goes who do you want next.?

This thread currently has 9,867 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 18, 2024, 9:16am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,844
Gold Stars: 178
Not even sure who’s available any more. Let alone want the poisoned chalice. A quick google search would have me suggest Michael Appleton, Lee Johnson, Steven Schumacher or Alex neil. I somehow think we’d be punching well above our weight with any of those.

Derek Adams as mentioned yesterday is the one that predominantly jumps out of the page.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 123
GollyGTFC
February 18, 2024, 9:18am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,959
Gold Stars: 356
I said last night on another of the Artell out type threads that Derek Adams would be perfect.

Longer term someone like Darrell Clarke would be a great appointment.

The last manager we had born in Mansfield did okay. And give his tragic, personal circumstances he might jump at the opportunity to relocate to the East Midlands area.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 21 - 123
chaos33
February 18, 2024, 9:21am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
I’d welcome Adams or Clarke. Artel must be removed and asap. If not, we will see more results in vital games like yesterday and in recent weeks.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 123
Simon
February 18, 2024, 9:28am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +237
Gold Stars: 33
Sir Alan offered his help so i would be banging on his door this morning begging him to be Director of football, let Buckley oversee the footballing side of the club and have Shaun Person & Ben Davies in the dugout until the end of the season

Need a complete rebuild in the summer, not many of the current squad are decent footballers so ship the lot out in the summer and start afresh

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 123
MuddyWaters
February 18, 2024, 9:34am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,257
Gold Stars: 236
I’d consider giving Anthony Limbrick a call. He’s working at Peterborough  currently.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 123
lew chaterleys lover
February 18, 2024, 9:40am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,724
Gold Stars: 237
Like most of us I was desperate for Artell to succeed, but it just hasn't worked out.

I loved his philosophy but I never realised he was quite so, er unique.

I watched him yesterday and even when we were in the game and at one point well on top he spends 50% of the time not watching the game. Talking, berating or arguing with people in and around the dugout. He gets the players in a huddle when there is a break in play and treats it like a training session.  At one point nobody seemed to want to resume the match and it is indicative of our complete lack of urgency and will to win.

Our recruitment under both Hurst and Artell has been very poor, and when we were crying out for a Waterfall type replacement we actually paid a fee for a very inexperienced and lightweight Blackpool fringe player who I think has been the worst.

There must be some sort of settlement clause in Artells contract, so we have to bite the bullet and let Pearson try to get us to safety and take the close season to reassess what we are doing wrong. The owners are finding out that football is such a unique industry and whatever they are hoping to achieve you simply cannot do it without extra money coming into the club otherwise you get the same result as Fenty but in a more caring way.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 123
RonMariner
February 18, 2024, 9:42am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,720
Gold Stars: 226
If we do end up in the NL I know a manager who has got promotion twice from that division and made the playoffs in all five full seasons he has managed there……..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 123
Theimperialcoroner
February 18, 2024, 9:46am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,210
Gold Stars: 102
If he goes (and I think he should as yesterday was beyond acceptable), we need someone who can inject some fire into bellies and get the players running through walls to stay up. That only need to be temporary as I don’t think it works long term, you need a bit more. Who this person is, intercourse knows, but we need to find them.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 123
HerveJosse
February 18, 2024, 9:46am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Not even sure who’s available any more. Let alone want the poisoned chalice. A quick google search would have me suggest Michael Appleton, Lee Johnson, Steven Schumacher or Alex neil. I somehow think we’d be punching well above our weight with any of those.

Derek Adams as mentioned yesterday is the one that predominantly jumps out of the page.

Adam’s could also persuade Efete to come back
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 123
chaos33
February 18, 2024, 9:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Like most of us I was desperate for Artell to succeed, but it just hasn't worked out.

I loved his philosophy but I never realised he was quite so, er unique.

I watched him yesterday and even when we were in the game and at one point well on top he spends 50% of the time not watching the game. Talking, berating or arguing with people in and around the dugout. He gets the players in a huddle when there is a break in play and treats it like a training session.  At one point nobody seemed to want to resume the match and it is indicative of our complete lack of urgency and will to win.

Our recruitment under both Hurst and Artell has been very poor, and when we were crying out for a Waterfall type replacement we actually paid a fee for a very inexperienced and lightweight Blackpool fringe player who I think has been the worst.

There must be some sort of settlement clause in Artells contract, so we have to bite the bullet and let Pearson try to get us to safety and take the close season to reassess what we are doing wrong. The owners are finding out that football is such a unique industry and whatever they are hoping to achieve you simply cannot do it without extra money coming into the club otherwise you get the same result as Fenty but in a more caring way.

I mean, how he conducts himself on match days must be visible to the owners. They must know how people feel about that. It’s as embarrassing as the results and pathetic defending is humiliating.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 123
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › When Artell goes who do you want next.?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.