Sandford1981
January 8, 2024, 12:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Maringer
I've just finished watching the most recent series of Slow Horses and that is really good TV.

Wholeheartedly agree with that. It’s more than just Gary Oldman but I’d gladly watch it just for him.
My only gripe with this series  is the fact that Apple dropped the first two and then 1 per week. Had I known that I’d have waited to binge it all at once but as it went I had to watch one a week which was most inconvenient (first world problems eh! 😂)
It’s right up there with my favourite TV series though!

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 300 - 318
Manchester Mariner
January 8, 2024, 12:26pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,822
Gold Stars: 41
Gary Oldman's performance of that character is so good. You can almost smell him with his disgusting traits through the screen.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 301 - 318
Sandford1981
January 8, 2024, 1:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Manchester Mariner
Gary Oldman's performance of that character is so good. You can almost smell him with his disgusting traits through the screen.

Jackson Lamb is a great character. I loved his medical
You can tell Oldman is having fun doing it. I get the impression they all are. Thomas and his scenes are particularly good. When she was disgusted at him eating an ice cream in her company, amused me no end.

Oh and the cream Mac…….😂

Private Message
Reply: 302 - 318
LH
January 8, 2024, 8:22pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,566
Gold Stars: 174
Fool Me Once is so farfetched and that’s just the unlikely friendship between a pilot and an Irish, stubbly military copper. The MOD have asked production companies not to make overly realistic representations of service personnel so it can’t be used by hostile states for propaganda but they could put berets on the right way round, ffs.

5 foot intercourse all Keegan taking down a 6ft plus Eastern European with a judo throw drew a loud laugh from me.
Private Message
Reply: 303 - 318
Maringer
January 8, 2024, 8:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,642
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from LH

5 foot intercourse all Keegan taking down a 6ft plus Eastern European with a judo throw drew a loud laugh from me.

She's like a fricking ninja in the show. Also a crack shot and she seems to have tracking devices to hand whenever she wants to follow somebody. I wasn't aware that helicopter pilots generally had espionage training as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 304 - 318
LH
January 9, 2024, 7:19am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,566
Quoted from Maringer

She's like a fricking ninja in the show. Also a crack shot and she seems to have tracking devices to hand whenever she wants to follow somebody. I wasn't aware that helicopter pilots generally had espionage training as well.

“Hmm I need to put a covert tracking device on this car. I must make sure it’s got a red flashing LED on it so the idiots watching at home know what it is!”
Private Message
Reply: 305 - 318
Sandford1981
January 9, 2024, 7:56am
Fine Wine Drinker
I also liked the fact that she did the whole ‘fugitive change your look’ in a bathroom skit. Normally that includes peroxide, beard shaving and a hair cut at least!
I mean when she came out I couldn’t work out who the new character was - I had to ask the Mrs!…

…Jesus wept she washed her face with a make up wipe and banged on a cap! It would have been more believable if she came out in a Groucho Marx disguise.🥸

Private Message
Reply: 306 - 318
Maringer
January 9, 2024, 9:02am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,642
Gold Stars: 189
We watched the last couple of episodes last night and I liked the twist in the tale, but the denouement was a bit daft.

I hope I'm looking as good as those guys 18 years from now. A tiny bit of grey in the beard and, if anything, they looked younger!

Not a high class show, but it passed the time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 307 - 318
Les Brechin
January 9, 2024, 2:48pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Quoted from Sandford1981
Mr Bates vs The Post Office
9.5/10

One of the greatest miscarriages of justice in British legal history where hundreds of innocent sub-postmasters and postmistresses were wrongly accused of theft, fraud and false accounting due to a defective IT system.

I have just finished this and I thought it was bloody brilliant. I cannot escape the anger and frustration it leaves me with and so it is somewhat bittersweet. The torment thrust upon the ordinary folk involved which continues to this day absolutely disgusts me. Sadly it doesn’t shock me and is another huge miscarriage of ‘Justice’ in which the little people are shat on by the establishment. Lies, lies and more lies stretched out over an unforgivingly long period and yet no no convictions. Sounds all too familiar unfortunately.
Thank god for the Alan Bates of this world!

I honestly can't believe that someone didn't think "Hang on a minute, something must be wrong here" Okay, maybe one or two might have been a bit dodgy, but to have so many surely should have rung alarm bells somewhere. I have recorded the episodes and not watched them yet, so don't know if this was brought up during the programme.

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 308 - 318
Sandford1981
January 17, 2024, 3:07pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Les Brechin

I honestly can't believe that someone didn't think "Hang on a minute, something must be wrong here" Okay, maybe one or two might have been a bit dodgy, but to have so many surely should have rung alarm bells somewhere. I have recorded the episodes and not watched them yet, so don't know if this was brought up during the programme.

Have you watched this yet Les?

Private Message
Reply: 309 - 318
32 Pages Prev ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › TV Times

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.