Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Seats update v Swindon
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

The last message you viewed in this thread was reply number 21.

Seats update v Swindon

This thread currently has 3,953 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
April 19, 2024, 6:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,894
Gold Stars: 42
An exile (say) may buy a season-ticket as a donation. Or buy it in case of a big FAC match at home.

They may not have any plans to attend even one league game.  Having paid their money this is their right.  Whether they release their match day seat is also up to them.  

These issues will annoy some people but there is nothing that can be done without creating another problem. (As Brentford did).
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 55
moosey_club
April 19, 2024, 6:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,280
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Mappers

. It must be 700-800 that don't turn up regularly the seat next to me hasn't been there all season not 1 game .

Have you tried soap or deodorant? 😆

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 55
crusty ole pie
April 19, 2024, 6:18pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,379
Gold Stars: 66
Cheers Lukeo I like it and think it should become a regular feature next year enjoy the close season buddy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 55
Mappers
April 19, 2024, 6:52pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,393
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from moosey_club

Gold star has already been used unfortunately , the wife say's the same .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 55
oochiad
April 19, 2024, 7:00pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,719
Gold Stars: 28
Thanks Lukeo, I enjoy looking at the count in a build up to a game. Regarding exiles and season tickets it is what it is. They have the right to not turn up, they’re supporting the club best they can. I have one and make almost all games, ones I miss are usually decided on the day often something out of my control. I don’t then have the time to release my seat. Everyone has different reasons in what they do, it least it’s good in the fact we have a very good solid base of season ticket holders. Looking forward to next season like I always do, hopefully we won’t be feeling disappointed by Christmas…….UTM and I will be applauding the team if we get the point tomorrow off the pitch!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 55
The Caterham Mariner
April 19, 2024, 8:12pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +94
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from moosey_club

HHHMM!! Who am I sitting next to tomorrow?

UTM.

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 55
Madeleymariner
April 19, 2024, 8:54pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 50
As exiles we can't make every home game but as I want to sit in the Fundus we bought season tickets for the first time ever this season after being unable to buy 2 tickets together last season, I usually release my seat but sometimes I am not sure if going till Saturday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 55
jimgtfc
April 19, 2024, 9:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,097
Gold Stars: 45
I wonder if in the future when the ‘I’m not tech savvy’ excuse has finally worn thin, we might see a system where instead of releasing your seat, you confirm it instead, maybe by the Wednesday or Thursday before the game on the Saturday. If you haven’t confirmed it by then, it goes on general sale. Would stop a lot of ‘no shows’ who just don’t bother to release their seat. I don’t know, just a thought.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 55
lew chaterleys lover
April 19, 2024, 9:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from jimgtfc
I wonder if in the future when the ‘I’m not tech savvy’ excuse has finally worn thin, we might see a system where instead of releasing your seat, you confirm it instead, maybe by the Wednesday or Thursday before the game on the Saturday. If you haven’t confirmed it by then, it goes on general sale. Would stop a lot of ‘no shows’ who just don’t bother to release their seat. I don’t know, just a thought.

They have bought the seat for hundreds of pounds! They can do what they like, whether to go or not depending on their circumstances for each game.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 55
HertsGTFC
April 19, 2024, 10:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from moosey_club

POTE 🙌🙌🙌

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Seats update v Swindon

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.