HertsGTFC
April 19, 2024, 10:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from jimgtfc
I wonder if in the future when the ‘I’m not tech savvy’ excuse has finally worn thin, we might see a system where instead of releasing your seat, you confirm it instead, maybe by the Wednesday or Thursday before the game on the Saturday. If you haven’t confirmed it by then, it goes on general sale. Would stop a lot of ‘no shows’ who just don’t bother to release their seat. I don’t know, just a thought.

Silly

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 55
Running like emson
April 19, 2024, 10:27pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +285
Gold Stars: 8
Interesting ... at certain prem clubs you will forfeit your season ticket unless you hit a threshold number of games . See ManC as a good example. There was an excellent article in the athletic about this recently.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 55
cardiffmariner
April 19, 2024, 10:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,320
Gold Stars: 24
I find it interesting that in this thread we’re defending those who can afford to pay out hundreds and then choose to leave their seat empty when on another thread we’re decrying how wealth has destroyed the game for the ordinary fan.

As a fan of 40+ years, through thick and thin, I do find it odd that when I’m now back in town, a family group of tickets (not in the Osmond/Ormand Corner) is like rocking horse excrement. Particularly when it’s a ‘sell out’ but it turns out there are still seats everywhere.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 55
LH
April 19, 2024, 10:58pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,564
Gold Stars: 174

They have bought the seat for hundreds of pounds! They can do what they like, whether to go or not depending on their circumstances for each game.

First season back in the league in 16/17 someone bought three seats next to mine on the halfway line at the back of the upper and turned up to the the Pompey and Donny games and one other that I can’t remember. Huge waste of money for them. People who are doing this shouldn’t be allowed to renew but should be offered complimentary 1878 membership for a season.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 55
MarinerWY
April 19, 2024, 11:01pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from jimgtfc
I wonder if in the future when the ‘I’m not tech savvy’ excuse has finally worn thin, we might see a system where instead of releasing your seat, you confirm it instead, maybe by the Wednesday or Thursday before the game on the Saturday. If you haven’t confirmed it by then, it goes on general sale. Would stop a lot of ‘no shows’ who just don’t bother to release their seat. I don’t know, just a thought.

This is a bad idea for reasons others have stated, but there might be a bit of something in the tech/automation side of it.

You could do an automated email/text asking people to confirm they are attending, with a couple of reminders up till game day, something like "please let us know if you are planning on coming by replying 'y'/clicking here etc.. If you are not able to attend, please do consider releasing your seat and entering our prize draw etc."

If you reply confirming you're attending, the texts/emails obvs stop, if not, you must get a couple more emails or texts up to game day promoting the same message

But never with any threat to your seat, just encouragement/reminder to release your seat if you can't attend
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 55
moosey_club
April 20, 2024, 12:00am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,292
Gold Stars: 226
I know....wild idea.....rewind....make it pay on the gate and when the stewards inside say the ground is full close the turnstiles...

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 55
jimgtfc
April 20, 2024, 2:52am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,099
Gold Stars: 45

They have bought the seat for hundreds of pounds! They can do what they like, whether to go or not depending on their circumstances for each game.

Yep, fair comment.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 55
lukeo
April 20, 2024, 3:47am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,395
Gold Stars: 149
**seats released**   12 hrs until ko

7 available in the Upper.
2 in the lower
Pontoon SOLD out
Main lots if single seats dotted about with decent view
Osmond - a fair few sold yesterday but still plenty of availability
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 55
GollyGTFC
April 20, 2024, 7:06am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,040
Gold Stars: 358
As this match isn’t restricted to existing, registered customers there is a live running total on the All Town Aren’t We news aggregate site…

At 07:05 it’s…

Main Stand
Upper
Lower
Pontoon
Osmond
Total
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 38 - 55
GollyGTFC
April 20, 2024, 7:43am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,040
Gold Stars: 358
More seats made available in the Osmond? …

Main Stand
Upper
Lower
Pontoon
Osmond
Total
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 39 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Seats update v Swindon

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.