Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Club Accounts
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Club Accounts

This thread currently has 12,180 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
David Frazer
February 29, 2024, 10:43am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +0 / -4
Approval: -485
Gold Stars: 4
Interesting set of accounts my fishy friends ,im no accountant so i cant really comment on them however i do note that Jason and Andrew have put in £3million ! Can you tell me the difference between them putting money into your club like ours do ?  Which is fantastic for both clubs however ours is going to finish top 10 in league 1 and yours in the bottom 4 in league2.

Mmmmmm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 171
grimps
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,129
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from aussiej
Does anyone know how much we are paying non footballing staff (wage bill apart from footballers)?

That's what I was thinking , are we assuming that the increased wage bill has all gone on playing staff ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 171
BobbyCummingsTackle
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,278
Gold Stars: 306
I wonder if our commercial revenue being slightly down is partly (or mostly?) as a result of the dog's breakfast Macron have made of supplying kit to the club shop.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 171
Poojah
February 29, 2024, 10:47am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,574
Gold Stars: 1,501
I wonder if our commercial revenue being slightly down is partly (or mostly?) as a result of the dog's breakfast Macron have made of supplying kit to the club shop.

I assume that’s captured under “retail”, which has gone up quite a bit in all fairness.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 171
Poojah
February 29, 2024, 10:48am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from grimps

That's what I was thinking , are we assuming that the increased wage bill has all gone on playing staff ?

That would clearly be an incorrect assumption, of course. The exact details were not going to find out however; these are already as transparent a set of accounts as you are likely to find.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 171
friskneymariner
February 29, 2024, 10:49am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from GrimRob

Great. Dark and gloomy. Metaphorical.

all set for the Gotterramadung then.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 171
Mappers
February 29, 2024, 10:52am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,326
Gold Stars: 118
I won't refer my AAT 4 textbook from 20 years ago as it's likely in the bin.

I think as a one off it's very impressive Poojah as I doubt many clubs (do any ) turn a profit these days  , they must have accounted for about a 1 million loss at the start of the  22/23 season which was effectively written off from the cup run money then some .

Fenty is paid up , confirmed . Good news .

They are willing to convert loans nto shares - good news . Maybe in the hope of making it a more attractive proposition for investors , there are not many debt free clubs and it always looks better on the balance sheet .

Aussie it's difficult to know but the playing budget was likely a lot higher than many thought even the 23/23 season I would say you could guess at what the ratio is  
88% of 4.52 million which is around 4 million so 4 million for all staff wages ,you would have thought 2.5- 3 million was playing budget going off the ratio at other clubs .

Obviously the next set of accounts won't be anywhere near as impressive , I'm assuming the playing budget was higher and we just recruited really really badly - it's weird . Everything off the pitch seems good but on it .....

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 171
MarinerWY
February 29, 2024, 10:59am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from Poojah

Comparing last season with our previous, mostly normal League Two season, turnover increased from £3.4m to £6.8m - effectively double (98.5% if we account for rounding). Staff costs increased from £2.7m to £4.0m, an increase of 47%.

Which season were you comparing to Poojah? The season we were previously in League 2 (prior to last season) would of been 20/21 right? Just wondering if turnover would have been majorly impacted by no fans in stadiums during lockdown.

FWIW I'm with you on not reading these positively; more just a confirmation of how much a money-drain lower league football can be... last season had an exceptional cup run which we won't replicate each season. I know the ambitions to run the club in a 'financially sustainable' way but I just can't see it... maybe I'm being too pessimistic but I'm just not sure where the money is coming from for us to progress.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 171
Poojah
February 29, 2024, 11:02am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from MarinerWY

Which season were you comparing to Poojah? The season we were previously in League 2 (prior to last season) would of been 20/21 right? Just wondering if turnover would have been majorly impacted by no fans in stadiums during lockdown.

FWIW I'm with you on not reading these positively; more just a confirmation of how much a money-drain lower league football can be... last season had an exceptional cup run which we won't replicate each season. I know the ambitions to run the club in a 'financially sustainable' way but I just can't see it... maybe I'm being too pessimistic but I'm just not sure where the money is coming from for us to progress.

19/20 - I discounted 20/21 as it was a freak season on so many levels and not really fit for comparison.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 171
Hagrid
February 29, 2024, 11:06am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,423
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from David Frazer
Interesting set of accounts my fishy friends ,im no accountant so i cant really comment on them however i do note that Jason and Andrew have put in £3million ! Can you tell me the difference between them putting money into your club like ours do ?  Which is fantastic for both clubs however ours is going to finish top 10 in league 1 and yours in the bottom 4 in league2.

Mmmmmm

well least we turned a profit I guess, i note you are 4 million in debt is that right? We've got things very very badly wrong on the pitch this season no doubts about that
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 171
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Club Accounts

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.