Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Interesting comments from JS

This thread currently has 7,449 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
February 21, 2024, 4:34pm
Guest User
Quoted from MuddyWaters

No one wants a crisis. I'd rather we won every game but when owners make a decision based on their philosophy and the consequences are pretty poor, I don't see how it can go unquestioned.

You know what I'm talking about. There's been a whispering campaign for months now. It's got little to do with what's going on at the moment.  
Reply: 50 - 91
MuddyWaters
February 21, 2024, 4:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,254
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from 140381

You know what I'm talking about. There's been a whispering campaign for months now. It's got little to do with what's going on at the moment.  

With the usual caveat that I was a million miles from being a Fenty fan, there would have been a riot by now had he overseen an appointment that’s gone so spectacularly wrong.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 91
Mappers
February 21, 2024, 4:48pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,324
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from MuddyWaters

With the usual caveat that I was a million miles from being a Fenty fan, there would have been a riot by now had he overseen an appointment that’s gone so spectacularly wrong.

There was pretty much a riot by the dugout on  Saturday .

I never saw as much vitriol directed towards a manager on Fenty's watch .

But then again even some of those less successful gaffers didn't concede 21 goals in 5 home games .

It's a unique and unwanted scenario.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 91
February 21, 2024, 5:01pm
Guest User
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I think I’ve made it clear elsewhere that I think Artell’s position is untenable. I’m also not suggesting that anyone is above criticism. What I am saying is that there’s a vocal minority who’ve been throwing mud for months and months, and are making the most of current events for whatever agenda it is that they’ve deemed acceptable.
Reply: 53 - 91
1mickylyons
February 21, 2024, 5:07pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from 140381

I must have blinked and missed it .No idea what your on about the owners have had a very quiet and easy ride given what we're seeing out on the pitch.Fenty would need personal security if this was on his watch that's how bad it truly is and quite rightly were sick of it and want something done .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 91
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
February 21, 2024, 5:21pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
If Fenty had been charge for less than 3 years, I wouldn’t have given him shït for appointing a manager, which at this point, isn’t working.

Any appointment is a risk.

I would have done in the second half of Fenty’s tenure because he became an embarrassment for his general behaviour.

Writing vanilla, flannel / philosophical musings (delete as applicable) in a national broadsheet does not constitute embarrassing.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 91
arryarryarry
February 21, 2024, 5:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from 140381

There’s a minority who’ve been absolutely gagging to find a stick to beat him with. We all know who they are. And they’ve been parroting the same tired shite for months now. First sign of a crisis and they’re loving it.

Red Cross away, couldn’t give a shít.

If we get relegated it won't be a minority.

All I want to see is a fairly successful EFL football team that hopefully may look like there is a chance of flirting with promotion and not flirting with relegation into non league again.

If we do go down again the owners will have to take full responsibility and all the excrement that goes with it then pump more millions into the club to try to get us back up or watch  us flounder about as a non league club losing millions of pounds a year.
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 91
1mickylyons
February 21, 2024, 5:28pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from 1mickylyons
[img][/img]

See we all make mistakes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 91
HertsGTFC
February 21, 2024, 6:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,948
Gold Stars: 228
A thread that perfectly illustrates what people say about the Fishy.

If JS never talked about data his detractors on here would say we need to use more data to get us up the table.

He and AP are both good guys, yeah I 100% see the relegation threat but just picking fault in everything he says is bonkers.

Short memories some people 🙄

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 91
arryarryarry
February 21, 2024, 7:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from HertsGTFC
A thread that perfectly illustrates what people say about the Fishy.

If JS never talked about data his detractors on here would say we need to use more data to get us up the table.

He and AP are both good guys, yeah I 100% see the relegation threat but just picking fault in everything he says is bonkers.

Short memories some people 🙄

Don't include me in that, for me the only thing that will get us up the League is a manager that knows what he is doing and some decent players.

As for data there is plenty on here that could have told them that what Hurst was doing and how Artell is doing, they don't need some outside analysts at god knows how many thousands of pounds to tell them.
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 91
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Interesting comments from JS

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.