February 19, 2024, 11:11pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,191
Gold Stars: 51
DA will be manager next week.

DA will be manager at the end of March

DFA will be manger at the end of the season.

If we stay up (and I think we will).

DA will be the manager at the end of the 24/25 season and we will be in the play-offs.

And yes I have been taking my medication!

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 35
davmariner
February 19, 2024, 11:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

DA will be the manager at the end of the 24/25 season and we will be in the play-offs.

Bloody hell Grantham that’s a bold call!

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 35
arryarryarry
February 20, 2024, 1:32am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

I'm glad you have taken your medication but you should really lie down and wait to nurse arrives.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 35
oochiad
February 20, 2024, 9:25am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,719
Gold Stars: 28
Which playoffs?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 35
arryarryarry
February 20, 2024, 1:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Poojah

Not a chance in hell. Imagine, if you will, that we get a good shoeing at play-off chasing Morecambe (who also happen to be 2nd in the form table), and then follow that up with a performance and result against Forest Green to match the last few home games. BP has already been a powder keg of late, but that would be the spark to see things properly go off. Difficult to predict precisely what that might look like, and I’d rather not think about it, but it won’t be pleasant.

I think it highly unlikely Artell can survive defeat in our next game, but if he somehow does, there’s simply no way he could survive losing to the veggies as well. We’ll be as good as relegated at that point.

I feel for the owners at the minute - they have some difficult decisions to make on the back of a scenario that would have been unthinkable a year ago. But the longer this embarrassing run of results continues, and the longer Artell is allowed to remain in spite of it, the quicker the sympathy and respect will ebb away. Harsh perhaps, but a reality of football club ownership.

I don't think we should be feeling sorry for the owners I doubt they got to where they are in business without getting rid of poor performing employees.

Some have been dispensed with from GTFC.

They need to make a quick decision now either confirm Artell will be here till the end of the season or get rid.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 35
chaos33
February 20, 2024, 1:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Looks to me like they’re giving him another game - probably because it’s away and they can be said to be giving DA every single ounce of a fair chance. It’s a calculated risk. One more defeat - and it will be a defeat - won’t relegate us and it might just turn. I don’t agree with it but I understand it. Behind the scenes they’ll be succession planning.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 35
Norseman
February 20, 2024, 10:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +288
Gold Stars: 48
But what will removing the manager change .They play out from the back and get battered .They didn't do it against Donny and got battered.At the end of the day if artell stays or goes .The shite pulling a shirt on every week stays
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 35
Yoda
February 20, 2024, 10:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,147
Gold Stars: 71
Surely the players are not that thick, they must realise if they get relegated with Grimsby there next contract will be at Tesco
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 35
easypeersy
February 21, 2024, 8:03am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
The chairmen refuse to invest properly in players.
It is as simple as that.
We should be buying good League 1 players and the odd Championship level player to progress.
Instead we go for others cast offs and the dregs.
Expect season after season of false hopes and failure until the owners wake up and smell the mustard!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 35
MarinerWY
February 21, 2024, 8:58am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from easypeersy
The chairmen refuse to invest properly in players.
It is as simple as that.
We should be buying good League 1 players and the odd Championship level player to progress.
Instead we go for others cast offs and the dregs.
Expect season after season of false hopes and failure until the owners wake up and smell the mustard!

Most people were pleased with recruitment at the time. Both over the summer and in January. For whatever reason, despite some decent incoming players 'on paper', we just haven't clicked as a team.

Our owners are wealthy by most people's standards, but they aren't Ryan Reynolds and co. wealthy. It would be completely unsustainable to throw money at getting Championship (!) players in. Wrexham did it, but we're talking completely different amounts of wealth, plus celebrity status generating large income streams (Welcome to Wrexham etc.)

The one thing Stockwood and Petit have been consistent about is that the club needs to run sustainably. I'm not sure them wasting away their life earnings in one transfer window is part of that plan.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Next two games

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.