Northbank Mariner
February 18, 2024, 9:49am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,460
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from 123614

You're missing my point, true supporters will as will I, and I'm telling you that as a fact!

What, by watching every game on a dodgy firestick?..

There's a big difference between supporting the club and not getting taken for a fool!..

Following town home and away is a bloody expensive do, and during the current economic climate and the fact the town has a high unemployment rate, or wages just on the cusp of the "living wage" I can tell you, as fact, people will prioritise things over following town if we go down but that does not stop them being a "true" supporter.
Logged Online
Private Message
ginnywings
February 18, 2024, 9:57am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,141
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from 123614

You're missing my point, true supporters will as will I, and I'm telling you that as a fact!

The guy who only watches games on illegal streams preaching to others is priceless.

Every conversation I had at the ground and pub afterwards were with people who have been watching and attending for decades, and every one of them said the same thing. If we go down again, they are done.

Before the game started, I saw an old work colleague and he said Artell is a clown, who will take us into non league. The ensuing game didn't do much to dissuade anyone of that notion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 82
February 18, 2024, 8:55pm
Guest User
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

What, by watching every game on a dodgy firestick?..

There's a big difference between supporting the club and not getting taken for a fool!..

Following town home and away is a bloody expensive do, and during the current economic climate and the fact the town has a high unemployment rate, or wages just on the cusp of the "living wage" I can tell you, as fact, people will prioritise things over following town if we go down but that does not stop them being a "true" supporter.

Again, people thinking they know the facts, when in fact you don't.  I pay monthly to watch Mariners TV on a VPN!  I can't be at BP or any other stadium due to my disabilities, and I have been a supporter of GTFC for 73 years now.  

Reply: 2 - 82
ginnywings
February 18, 2024, 9:33pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from 123614

Again, people thinking they know the facts, when in fact you don't.  I pay monthly to watch Mariners TV on a VPN!  I can't be at BP or any other stadium due to my disabilities, and I have been a supporter of GTFC for 73 years now.  

But we do.

UK residents are not supposed to be able to access games on a Saturday with a 3 PM kick off, so you are flouting the rules, whether you do it on a dodgy firestick, or use a VPN to disguise your whereabouts.

I have no problem with you doing this as it's hardly the crime of the century, and it puts at least some money in the GTFC coffers, but you keep saying you are a true fan, and attack people like me for saying we will stop attending if we get relegated.

We make our choices, you make yours.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 82
GrimRob
February 18, 2024, 9:41pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,409
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from 123614

Nobody is criticising you but many people would regarding stopping going to games and watching on tv as not full support. A lot of people are threatening to do just that. Next season incidentally will see better tv coverage with multiple camera angles and dedicated commentary in many EFL games. The legacy supporter who travels to every game is an endangered species.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 82
Northbank Mariner
February 18, 2024, 9:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from 123614

And VPNs are illegal streams you prune!...if is ILLEGAL by any means to stream a 3pm kick off due to the EFL black out...God give me bloody strength with you
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 82
February 18, 2024, 9:52pm
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings

But we do.

UK residents are not supposed to be able to access games on a Saturday with a 3 PM kick off, so you are flouting the rules, whether you do it on a dodgy firestick, or use a VPN to disguise your whereabouts.

I have no problem with you doing this as it's hardly the crime of the century, and it puts at least some money in the GTFC coffers, but you keep saying you are a true fan, and attack people like me for saying we will stop attending if we get relegated.

We make our choices, you make yours.

No you don't!  He said dodgy firestick, implying I am watching the game for free therefore taking money from GTFC.  Totally wrong.  I pay GTFC every month to watch the stream on Mariners TV.  And seriously, you go on about me flouting the rules, lol, those rules that allows the whole of the rest of the world to watch English League football, except for those who live in the UK!  It's a joke.

So what makes you think I am not a true fan?  I attended BP every time I could throughout my life, there were times when I was abroad when I couldn't attend, ever since those times I was at home matches until circumstances prevented me from attending, namely my disabilities.  I think my choice rather than yours, shows who the true fan is.

Reply: 6 - 82
February 18, 2024, 9:53pm
Guest User

And VPNs are illegal streams you prune!...if is ILLEGAL by any means to stream a 3pm kick off due to the EFL black out...God give me bloody strength with you

I'm sorry, exactly what law is that?

"Bypassing geo-restrictions is against the Terms of Service of most streaming sites, but violating a TOS is NOT an illegal act."

Do some research.
Reply: 7 - 82
February 18, 2024, 9:54pm
Guest User
Copyright law.
Reply: 8 - 82
February 18, 2024, 10:01pm
Guest User
Copyright law protects the initial transmission of the game. The angles of the cameras, the production, the skill of the cameramen/women. As soon as that is recorded it’s protected as a work of copyright.

Unlawfully replicating or reproducing that is copyright infringement,

They’re more likely to go for the people who are selling the fire sticks, but don’t pretend you’re a beacon of virtue on this.
Reply: 9 - 82
davmariner
February 18, 2024, 10:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,934
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from 123614

"Bypassing geo-restrictions is against the Terms of Service of most streaming sites, but violating a TOS is NOT an illegal act."

Do some research.

You’re also short-changing the club by £10-12 a match given that you’re watching it via VPN rather than purchasing a match ticket and watching it at BP. You should donate the difference to the club every time.

Ultimately each to their own and no one would be having a pop at you about this if you weren’t going around telling people they aren’t true fans.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 82
MuddyWaters
February 18, 2024, 10:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,254
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from 123614

Do some research.

Shocked…..not. The paragon of virtue is exposed.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 82
GrimRob
February 18, 2024, 10:29pm

Quoted from 123614

It violates the terms of service so you are liable to get your account banned, especially if you admit doing so on a public forum.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 12 - 82
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 18, 2024, 10:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,693
Quoted from GrimRob

It violates the terms of service so you are liable to get your account banned, especially if you admit doing so on a public forum.

Can’t we just ban him from the Fishy as punishment?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 82
GrimRob
February 18, 2024, 10:33pm

Attachment: screenshot_20240218_223119_3215.png
Size: 92.64 KB

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 14 - 82
friskneymariner
February 18, 2024, 10:50pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
God that man is thick,he doesn't realise when he is an hole he should stop digging.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 82
February 19, 2024, 7:36am
Guest User
Quoted from 140381
Copyright law protects the initial transmission of the game. The angles of the cameras, the production, the skill of the cameramen/women. As soon as that is recorded it’s protected as a work of copyright.

Unlawfully replicating or reproducing that is copyright infringement,

They’re more likely to go for the people who are selling the fire sticks, but don’t pretend you’re a beacon of virtue on this.

It is not illegal to watch it.  If someone else wants to sell firesticks, what is that to do with me, I watch it via a VPN.  That is not illegal!  Makes me laugh at all you 'holier than thou' people, clutching at straws to find something else to have a go at me.

Reply: 16 - 82
February 19, 2024, 7:42am
Guest User
Quoted from GrimRob

Nobody is criticising you but many people would regarding stopping going to games and watching on tv as not full support. A lot of people are threatening to do just that. Next season incidentally will see better tv coverage with multiple camera angles and dedicated commentary in many EFL games. The legacy supporter who travels to every game is an endangered species.

Do you not understand that I cannot go to games due to my disabilities?  I would love to go to BP to watch every home game, and also go to away games too, but I cannot.

Reply: 17 - 82
GrimRob
February 19, 2024, 7:46am

Quoted from 123614

Do you not understand that I cannot go to games due to my disabilities?  I would love to go to BP to watch every home game, and also go to away games too, but I cannot.

Can you not read? I don't give a toss about you and am making a general point.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 18 - 82
February 19, 2024, 7:48am
Guest User
Quoted from arryarryarry

So you fiddle the system by masking you are living in the UK to gain access to what should be for overseas supporters.

So much for your high and mighty bull excrement you spout on  here.

Grow up.  What have I fiddled?  Have I stolen anything, have I hurt anyone?  No, I am simply using a loophole in the system that allows people like me who cannot get to games, to be able to watch them on TV.  I don't use a dodgy firestick which have been sold by a certain person on here, I didn't see you questioning him about that, which is illegal.

Reply: 19 - 82
February 19, 2024, 7:57am
Guest User
Quoted from davmariner

You’re also short-changing the club by £10-12 a match given that you’re watching it via VPN rather than purchasing a match ticket and watching it at BP. You should donate the difference to the club every time.

Ultimately each to their own and no one would be having a pop at you about this if you weren’t going around telling people they aren’t true fans.

Jesus wept!  Do you not read all the posts about this.  I have said many times that I cannot be at BP or any other stadiums dues to my disabilities.

BTW, you don't tell me what to do with my money, and also what you don't know is how much money I have donated to the club in the last few years.  If you want to have a go at people short changing the club, as you put it, what about those who are threatening to stop buying a ST and stop going to matches.  I have no problem with that, it's their choice but by your crazy logic they are short changing the club.

Reply: 20 - 82
Mariner_501
February 19, 2024, 7:59am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27
I’m sure BAWB is a troll. Probably a mid 40s match going able fan who uses this for entertainment
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 82
Guest User
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Shocked…..not. The paragon of virtue is exposed.

Please post something that makes sense.

Reply: 22 - 82
davmariner
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from 123614

Jesus wept!  Do you not read all the posts about this.  I have said many times that I cannot be at BP or any other stadiums dues to my disabilities.

BTW, you don't tell me what to do with my money, and also what you don't know is how much money I have donated to the club in the last few years.  If you want to have a go at people short changing the club, as you put it, what about those who are threatening to stop buying a ST and stop going to matches.  I have no problem with that, it's their choice but by your crazy logic they are short changing the club.

Season ticket holders not renewing aren’t short changing the club. They’re making a decision not to purchase tickets and in turn not see the games. They’re not deciding to find loopholes to watch the game cheaper like you have been.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 82
February 19, 2024, 8:01am
Guest User
Quoted from GrimRob

And just which account would that be?

Reply: 24 - 82
February 19, 2024, 8:08am
Guest User
Quoted from Mariner_501
I’m sure BAWB is a troll. Probably a mid 40s match going able fan who uses this for entertainment

Pathetic.

Reply: 25 - 82
February 19, 2024, 8:11am
Guest User
Quoted from GrimRob

Can you not read? I don't give a toss about you and am making a general point.

What a really nice individual you are!  Where was you when a certain person was openly selling dodgy firesticks on this very forum?  I didn't see any uproar about that, oh but wait, his name wasn't B&WB, so that's fine.

Reply: 26 - 82
MuddyWaters
February 19, 2024, 8:14am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,254
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from 123614

Please post something that makes sense.

Wow! Hypocrisy in a nutshell.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 82
February 19, 2024, 8:16am
Guest User
This entire thread shows just how toxic this forum has become.  

If you don't get why I can't attend football matches, you should look at the Mental Health thread in Non Football, and my post on 27th November 2023.
Reply: 28 - 82
Hagrid
February 19, 2024, 8:18am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,418
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from 123614

Half of its you bloody posting arguing with everyone!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 82
davmariner
February 19, 2024, 8:19am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from 123614

You’ve been caught red handed. Just apologise and move on!

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 82
February 19, 2024, 8:20am
Guest User
Quoted from davmariner

You’ve been caught red handed. Just apologise and move on!

Go away little boy.

Reply: 31 - 82
February 19, 2024, 8:21am
Guest User
Quoted from Hagrid

Half of its you bloody posting arguing with everyone!!

Another silly statement!

Reply: 32 - 82
davmariner
February 19, 2024, 8:26am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from 123614

Go away little boy.

You diddle the club every week, maybe it’s you who should go away Black and White Bandit.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 82
ginnywings
February 19, 2024, 8:27am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from 123614

If you don't get why I can't attend football matches, you should look at the Mental Health thread in Non Football, and my post on 27th November 2023.

But you can't say stuff like you are a true supporter and others aren't because they are thinking of not attending any more. We get that you can't attend in person, and that is not the issue.

I have no problem whatsoever with you watching games from home, and hope you get some enjoyment from it, but when I said last week that I wouldn't be attending next season, you basically told me to get lost, and that I wasn't a true fan. If you say stuff like that, then you have to expect a reaction, especially when you are viewing games in the manner that you do, because it is hypocritical. Can't you see that?

I have no axe to grind with you and I said it's down to each individual to make their own choices.

You are not the only one who suffers from mental health problems. I'm going through some sad sh1t myself at the moment, and attending BP is supposed to be a relief. It isn't.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 82
jamesgtfc
February 19, 2024, 8:43am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,962
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from HerveJosse
Is there any chance of this thread getting back on topic?

If an admin limits BAWBs posts to something like 10 a day, threads might stay on topic without too many provocative comments. It's actually quite draining seeing most decent threads descending into arguments created by the same person every time.

Anyway, the accounts are out soon. Are they likely to cheer us up? I doubt it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 82
February 19, 2024, 8:51am
Guest User
Quoted from 123614

It is not illegal to watch it.  If someone else wants to sell firesticks, what is that to do with me, I watch it via a VPN.  That is not illegal!  Makes me laugh at all you 'holier than thou' people, clutching at straws to find something else to have a go at me.

You asked which law was relevant. I’ve told you.
Reply: 36 - 82
GrimRob
February 19, 2024, 9:12am

Quoted from jamesgtfc

If an admin limits BAWBs posts to something like 10 a day, threads might stay on topic without too many provocative comments.

Good idea

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 37 - 82
rancido
February 19, 2024, 9:31am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,571
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from davmariner

I don't want to get involved in discussions about BAWB posts but you might as well accuse anyone who gets a concession ST or benefits from the Early Bird deal of " short changing the club". I benefit from a concession because I am over 75 so should I donate my savings back to the club ?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 82
GrimRob
February 19, 2024, 9:34am

BAWB has now left the Fishy

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 39 - 82
marinerjase
February 19, 2024, 9:39am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,655
Gold Stars: 147
Until he reappears 😂

Yes he’s cantankerous, yes he’s a pain in the backside, argumentative, confrontational, whatever..but are you really back to the days of limiting folk/banning folk because others rise to the bait??

Come on…get a grip. There’s worse examples on here than him imho.

He’s harmless. Whether you disagree with him or not.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 82
thornemariner
February 19, 2024, 9:42am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +655
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from ginnywings

But you can't say stuff like you are a true supporter and others aren't because they are thinking of not attending any more. We get that you can't attend in person, and that is not the issue.

I have no problem whatsoever with you watching games from home, and hope you get some enjoyment from it, but when I said last week that I wouldn't be attending next season, you basically told me to get lost, and that I wasn't a true fan. If you say stuff like that, then you have to expect a reaction, especially when you are viewing games in the manner that you do, because it is hypocritical. Can't you see that?

I have no axe to grind with you and I said it's down to each individual to make their own choices.

You are not the only one who suffers from mental health problems. I'm going through some sad sh1t myself at the moment, and attending BP is supposed to be a relief. It isn't.

I hope things get better for you. I went through a terrible time in 2018 and hoped going to BP would help me feel better but it made things worse, something I wouldn't have believed possible.

Best wishes.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 82
davmariner
February 19, 2024, 9:43am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from rancido

I don't want to get involved in discussions about BAWB posts but you might as well accuse anyone who gets a concession ST or benefits from the Early Bird deal of " short changing the club". I benefit from a concession because I am over 75 so should I donate my savings back to the club ?

That’s not really relevant to what we’re talking about here, nor was it the point that anyone was making. But anyway he’s left and probably for the best given that he was behaving in the way he was.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 82
rancido
February 19, 2024, 9:45am

Special Brew Drinker
But BAWB will still watch televised town matches, his only means of seeing them ,if town get relegated. Loads of posters on here have said they won't renew their ST's if we go down.

"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 82
GrimRob
February 19, 2024, 9:47am

Quoted from marinerjase
Until he reappears 😂

Yes he’s cantankerous, yes he’s a pain in the backside, argumentative, confrontational, whatever..but are you really back to the days of limiting folk/banning folk because others rise to the bait??

Come on…get a grip. There’s worse examples on here than him imho.

He’s harmless. Whether you disagree with him or not.

He asked to leave. Normally I give people 24 hours to confirm, but in his case I removed him straight away.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 44 - 82
GrimRob
February 19, 2024, 9:59am

Quoted from rancido
But BAWB will still watch televised town matches, his only means of seeing them ,if town get relegated. Loads of posters on here have said they won't renew their ST's if we go down.

There's a huge spectrum between having a season ticket while going to every game and taking no interest in games whatsoever. Most people I imagine will go to some or most games and listen to the rest on the radio or watch by "other" means. A lot of people have only been season ticket holders for a short time and will just revert to their old habits of buying individual tickets.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 45 - 82
rancido
February 19, 2024, 10:18am

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob

There's a huge spectrum between having a season ticket while going to every game and taking no interest in games whatsoever. Most people I imagine will go to some or most games and listen to the rest on the radio or watch by "other" means. A lot of people have only been season ticket holders for a short time and will just revert to their old habits of buying individual tickets.

The point I was making is that BWAB can only watch town via the TV due to his disabilities but was accused of " short changing the club" because he contributes through Mariner Player or whatever way he watches. He will still watch every game even if we get relegated so he will still contribute to the club.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 82
GrimRob
February 19, 2024, 10:27am

Quoted from rancido

The point I was making is that BWAB can only watch town via the TV due to his disabilities but was accused of " short changing the club" because he contributes through Mariner Player or whatever way he watches. He will still watch every game even if we get relegated so he will still contribute to the club.

He was accusing others of not being true fans so people reacted and some hit back at him. Nobody should accuse anyone else of not being a "proper" fan. There are plenty of people who go to every game and don't spend a second discussing the team online. Other people have second and third clubs. Only each person truly knows how much of a fan they are.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 47 - 82
AussieMariner
February 19, 2024, 10:45am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Does anyone on here know BAWB’s identity?

I think it would be good to check up and make sure he’s ok so if anyone knows him would you mind doing this or maybe pm me and if I can be put in contact with him without breaching confidentiality I would be happy to have a chat with him.

I say this because the nature of his posts, taking things literally, lack of nuance and over reacting suggest possible mental health or neurodiversity issues. Whatever you think about his opinions and ‘misdemeanours’ TheFishy was clearly an important part of his life which he has suddenly lost and he may be vulnerable.

I think he deserves some support if he needs it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 82
Hagrid
February 19, 2024, 10:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from AussieMariner

I think it would be good to check up and make sure he’s ok so if anyone knows him would you mind doing this or maybe pm me and if I can be put in contact with him without breaching confidentiality I would be happy to have a chat with him.

I say this because the nature of his posts, taking things literally, lack of nuance and over reacting suggest possible mental health or neurodiversity issues. Whatever you think about his opinions and ‘misdemeanours’ TheFishy was clearly an important part of his life which he has suddenly lost and he may be vulnerable.

I think he deserves some support if he needs it.

I dont think anyone will know him as he doesnt go to the games and I believe lives in Barton but yeah possibly best to just check on the old timer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 82
ginnywings
February 19, 2024, 10:51am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from GrimRob
BAWB has now left the Fishy

That's a shame.

Don't think anyone wants that. I know I don't.

Wished I'd just let it all wash over me now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 82
HerveJosse
February 19, 2024, 10:57am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Just passed a convoy  of fraud squad and armed police heading off A15 into Barton
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 82
LH
February 19, 2024, 11:04am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,526
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from HerveJosse
Just passed a convoy  of fraud squad and armed police heading off A15 into Barton

Has Artell moved a bit closer then?
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 82
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
February 19, 2024, 11:15am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from AussieMariner

I think he once said he lived in Luton
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 82
TownSNAFU5
February 19, 2024, 11:24am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,883
Gold Stars: 42
The authorities have a crack-down every so often on illegal streamers.  In a high-profile case recently some were convicted and given jail sentences.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 82
arryarryarry
February 19, 2024, 2:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,045
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
The authorities have a crack-down every so often on illegal streamers.  In a high-profile case recently some were convicted and given jail sentences.  

Not really taken that much notice but I think those that were jailed were the ones providing the equipment and access to non legal streams.

As regards the individual on here who I can't ever remember agreeing with any of his posts. I don't think he was doing anything illegal just getting round the rules of watching 3.00pm kick-offs as posted by Grim Rob above and if he doesn't see that then he clearly has lost the plot.
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 82
AncientExiledMariner
February 19, 2024, 3:10pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +516
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from ginnywings

That's a shame.

Don't think anyone wants that. I know I don't.

Wished I'd just let it all wash over me now.

There has been a bit of a pile on of anyone who disagrees with the conveying wisdom.

I'm disappointed but not surprised. I'm just not really engaging on here any more as it's getting ridiculous. People prefer poor quality posts agreeing with them than any nuance as to why they don't.

The denni's and Yoda's went from being ridiculous to much loved, which is a testament to the point.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 82
GrimRob
February 19, 2024, 4:00pm

There has been a bit of a pile on of anyone who disagrees with the conveying wisdom.

I'm disappointed but not surprised. I'm just not really engaging on here any more as it's getting ridiculous. People prefer poor quality posts agreeing with them than any nuance as to why they don't.

The denni's and Yoda's went from being ridiculous to much loved, which is a testament to the point.

We're at one of these rare moments when almost everyone agrees even the extreme wings of the Fishy user base are getting more green ticks than red crosses. There's one massive problem at the moment it's an asteroid about to collide with the good planet GTFC and we are running out of time to change its orbit. It's a shame BAWB decided to leave, perhaps he was picked on a bit, but he was argumentative and antagonistic and talking of poor quality posts he would go down a thread and make short insulting replies to several people almost like he was thinking aloud. Twice in the last week I had mentioned it to him and had to lower his post limit to 20 a day.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 57 - 82
TAGG
February 19, 2024, 4:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,958
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from ginnywings

The guy who only watches games on illegal streams preaching to others is priceless.

Every conversation I had at the ground and pub afterwards were with people who have been watching and attending for decades, and every one of them said the same thing. If we go down again, they are done.

Before the game started, I saw an old work colleague and he said Artell is a clown, who will take us into non league. The ensuing game didn't do much to dissuade anyone of that notion.

Our little mob have had STs for years including Covid and both stints in Non League and we all say the same as you if we go down 'we are done'

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 82
marinerjase
February 19, 2024, 4:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Maybe, as he alluded too..he was lonely, had pressures (as we all do) and , like a lot go to games and vent/let off steam - him not being able too meant this was his outlet??

Yes he came across terribly..but where’s the compassion/thought?? Others on here give outright abuse and it’s not even questioned..

Furthermore..why are so many on social media triggered by what others/ how others react to what they think?? Particularly those they don’t know..I don’t get it. So many give the daft tick/crosses so much emphasis. It’s like a popularity thing..’ooh I need to be liked’ ..or as we know some use it the other way to belittle/knock others.. it’s pathetic. But it’s encouraged.

If you want to say something, in the right way, to encourage/debate/discuss then say it regardless. So what if people disagree/don’t like. And vice versa if someone gets on your nerves, or winds you up - don’t react, ignore..they’ll soon get fed up if on a wind up, and if - perhaps in this case who knows..they just need a sounding board/interaction or the feeling of…

In this day and age of mental health issues/after pandemic etc etc there are some whose lives have. Hanger drastically and impacts in ways others might not understand.

So allow them a second though before disregarding:slating:forcing out etc etc

(Appreciate this won’t go down well)

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 82
GrimPol
February 19, 2024, 4:38pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -671
Gold Stars: 69

Its proposed that EFL lift the Blackout for the 2024-25 season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 82
GrimRob
February 19, 2024, 4:39pm

Quoted from marinerjase
Maybe, as he alluded too..he was lonely, had pressures (as we all do) and , like a lot go to games and vent/let off steam - him not being able too meant this was his outlet??

Yes he came across terribly..but where’s the compassion/thought?? Others on here give outright abuse and it’s not even questioned..

Furthermore..why are so many on social media triggered by what others/ how others react to what they think?? Particularly those they don’t know..I don’t get it. So many give the daft tick/crosses so much emphasis. It’s like a popularity thing..’ooh I need to be liked’ ..or as we know some use it the other way to belittle/knock others.. it’s pathetic. But it’s encouraged.

If you want to say something, in the right way, to encourage/debate/discuss then say it regardless. So what if people disagree/don’t like. And vice versa if someone gets on your nerves, or winds you up - don’t react, ignore..they’ll soon get fed up if on a wind up, and if - perhaps in this case who knows..they just need a sounding board/interaction or the feeling of…

In this day and age of mental health issues/after pandemic etc etc there are some whose lives have. Hanger drastically and impacts in ways others might not understand.

And if anyone is struggling reach out! There is a huge range of skills between us all. Everyone is good at something. Everyone struggles with other things. Most people will respond positively if contacted in private.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 61 - 82
marinerjase
February 19, 2024, 4:46pm
Champagne Drinker
Absolutely..I’ll be the first one to say didn’t help himself..but for a forum which has a massive thread on mental health issues/experience to then perhaps (if the case) make feel someone they aren’t welcomed…..🤷‍♂️

Anyway..said my piece..hopefully everyone, including myself, perhaps has a think on how to interact in future 👍

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 82
davmariner
February 19, 2024, 4:49pm
Vodka Drinker
I hope he comes back after a break with a fresh approach. I know he’s supportive of Artell and thinks it’ll come good, and it would have been nicer to properly debate/discuss the reasons for and against.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 82
Hagrid
February 19, 2024, 4:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from marinerjase

Wouldn't say he has been forced out, but he was so antagonistic it was hard to have a conversation with him as every comment he took offence too and then threw back obscene comments.

That said, i hope he's okay as The Fishy was clearly something he was very invested in
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 82
grimsby pete
February 19, 2024, 5:49pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,799
Gold Stars: 222
I never fell out with the bear.

But

Did notice he always went back at people who disagreed with him.

I have always said talking about the post is the way to go instead of red crossing them.

But telling them to intercourse. off is not what I meant.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 82
Civvy at last
February 19, 2024, 6:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +36 / -13
Approval: +12,204
Gold Stars: 131
Quoted from GrimRob

He asked to leave. Normally I give people 24 hours to confirm, but in his case I removed him straight away.

Absolutely disgraceful.  And publicising it even worse.  
What do you want, a round of applause.  There are regular posters on here that give far worse abuse to other posters than he has.  
I’m disappointed , but have to say not at all surprised.  
I used to defend this board to the many that slagged it off.  
Not  any more I’m afraid.  

Free speech.  
Yeah right.

Feel free to bring on the red crosses folks.  I am fortunate that I really don’t give a sh1t.  

The wife was going away for a girly weekend.
I jokingly remarked  'I don't know whether to spend it watching porn or watching football'
'you may as well spend it watching porn' she replied
That's understanding darling what makes you say that? I asked

She said 'Well you already know how to play football'  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 82
Northbank Mariner
February 19, 2024, 6:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Civvy at last

What do you want, a round of applause.  There are regular posters on here that give far worse abuse to other posters than he has.  

Free speech.  
Yeah right.

Feel free to bring on the red crosses folks.  I am fortunate that I really don’t give a sh1t.  

Lower your blood pressure. He asked to leave, Rob wanted him to take 24 hours before confirming but B&WB decided to leave straight away...Rob has nothing wrong here...
And in respect to B&WB, unfortunately the bloke was just unreasonable, couldn't debate without getting sarky, aggressive or down right bloody rude, so I'm sorry, but I for one wasn't giving him an easy ride, if you want to say what you want then say it, but sometimes responses come with consequences.

All that said I do hope he's OK,.....poor mental health is awful, after 30 years of suffering with it on and off, I can sympathise with him there.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 82
golfer
February 19, 2024, 6:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,438
Gold Stars: 116
Bet he comes back under a different alias - we'll soon tell. To be honest I hope he does - it's all in the fun even if most of us think a lot of his replies are shite. Come on B+WB you know you want to.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 82
GrimRob
February 19, 2024, 6:14pm

Free speech.  
Yeah right  

I said he'd asked to leave so people would be able to distinguish it from being removed. But I see you've managed to spin it into him being a victim of free speech.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 69 - 82
AncientExiledMariner
February 19, 2024, 6:15pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from GrimRob

I said he'd asked to leave so people would be able to distinguish it from being removed. But I see you've managed to spin it into him being a victim of free speech.

Why did you remove him straight away rather than giving him 24 hours like anyone else? Why was he treated differently?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 82
Northbank Mariner
February 19, 2024, 6:19pm
Whiskey Drinker

Why did you remove him straight away rather than giving him 24 hours like anyone else? Why was he treated differently?

Read the thread....He asked to leave straight away and didn't want the 24 hours Rob normally affords people...
Why I'm defending Rob I have no idea but if you're gonna have a go, at least do armed with the facts of truth..
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 82
AncientExiledMariner
February 19, 2024, 6:24pm
Snakebite drinker

Read the thread....He asked to leave straight away and didn't want the 24 hours Rob normally affords people...
Why I'm defending Rob I have no idea but if you're gonna have a go, at least do armed with the facts of truth..

TBF, it's not clear what the thread is from the start. Tried to follow, but just gave up and looked at the conclusion. Some posts have clearly been deleted.

Secondly, I wasn't attacking Rob, I was asking a question. I had no idea that wasn't allowed.

"He asked to leave. Normally I give people 24 hours to confirm, but in his case I removed him straight away."

This sentence implies usually those that ask to leave are giving 24 hours. The construction of the sentence implies a different process this time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 82
GrimRob
February 19, 2024, 6:27pm

Because I'd already sent messages to him twice this week about abusive posts. He promised to not do them and then did it multiple times.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 73 - 82
Civvy at last
February 19, 2024, 6:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob

You said you normally give 24 hours, but on this occasion did not ?  
Why ??   And why publish it ???
Yes he was cantankerous without a doubt.  But some of the abuse he got was unwarranted in my opinion.  I really hope that he’s ok.  
I’m not saying you personally denied free speech.  But the abuse he got on here certainly did.
For someone to actually ask to be removed rather than just not come on, would indicate a problem to me.  Of course you have no responsibility towards posters and rightly so.  
I sincerely hope you left an invite to return if he so desires !!

I jokingly remarked  'I don't know whether to spend it watching porn or watching football'

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 82
Civvy at last
February 19, 2024, 6:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob

Because I'd already sent messages to him twice this week about abusive posts. He promised to not do them and then did it multiple times.

Do you send messages to everyone that posts abuse.  Far far worse than he did.  
I could  easily be wrong.  But I don’t think he ever reverted to some of the foul language that some use in many of their posts !!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 82
IlkleyMariner
February 19, 2024, 6:40pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Hi. I don’t know BAWB, but I know who he is.
I’ve never spoken to him but exchanged PM from time to time.
Our exchanges have always been sensible.

I’ve no idea what’s happened and whether he is suspended or not.
However I do know I’ve read nonsense and unacceptable comments from more contributors than I would prefer. I won’t name them but please be careful what you wish for. I’m happy to give the moderator a list of the people I would happily ban from this site.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 82
oochiad
February 19, 2024, 6:46pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,719
Gold Stars: 28
Unfortunately our predicament in the league has brought out the worst as feelings are so high comments are being made with out much thought. Sad state of affairs in need but I for one will renew next year what ever league we’re in as I can’t help myself, it’s my club whatever. UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 82
GrimRob
February 19, 2024, 7:19pm

Do you send messages to everyone that posts abuse.  Far far worse than he did.  
I could  easily be wrong.  But I don’t think he ever reverted to some of the foul language that some use in many of their posts !!

No. It wasn't really the language that was the problem just the scale of it. Just replying to lots of messages saying "feck off" or "more garbage".). I said you need to say why or press the red Cross if you just want to disagree without comment.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 78 - 82
HertsGTFC
February 19, 2024, 9:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,939
Gold Stars: 228
I suspect regardless of who said what & didn’t say what I would imagine being on the Fishy wasn’t great for BAWBs well being, some people just aren’t set up for that kind of engagement.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 82
AussieMariner
February 20, 2024, 9:42am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
For those who are concerned I’ve been in contact with BAWB and he assures me he is ok. He thanked me for getting in contact and explained his reasons for leaving the Fishy.

I don’t think there is any malice in his posts. I don’t know whether he chose his alias deliberately or if it’s just a weird coincidence but it’s certainly appropriate, he just sees things as, well, black and white. When he has formed an opinion he just doesn’t understand why others don’t agree, and he feels the need to put them right. Given this he is probably better off not engaging on a relatively robust forum designed to share opinions, however as he would be quick to point out that’s just an opinion, I have no evidence.

It would probably do us all well though to remember that however aggressive, irrational or obnoxious a poster might come across, there is a human being at the other end, often vulnerable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 82
louth_in_the_south
February 20, 2024, 1:14pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,683
I got a pretty aggressive PM from him a few weeks ago accusing me of this and that . It turned out he hadn’t read my post correctly and thought I was having a dig at him when it was about a completely different topic . I pointed out this glaringly obvious misunderstanding and tbf he did apologise 🤣🤣

Lower F5
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 82
RonMariner
February 20, 2024, 2:24pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,715
Gold Stars: 226
On a board like this you will often get adverse comments directed at you, some justified, some not. But at the end of the day there are times when you just have to let it go rather than get into a long running flame war.

It’s really not important to always have the last word. Most comments are very quickly forgotten as new posts flood in in a variety of topics. So my advice is to accept that strong opinions come with the nature of on line message boards, just don’t let things get to you. Some posters are setting out to deliberately wind you up with crass comments and it’s often best not to dignify them with a response.Have your say and move on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 82
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › BAWB and firesticks

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.