9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
AussieMariner
February 20, 2024, 9:42am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
For those who are concerned I’ve been in contact with BAWB and he assures me he is ok. He thanked me for getting in contact and explained his reasons for leaving the Fishy.

I don’t think there is any malice in his posts. I don’t know whether he chose his alias deliberately or if it’s just a weird coincidence but it’s certainly appropriate, he just sees things as, well, black and white. When he has formed an opinion he just doesn’t understand why others don’t agree, and he feels the need to put them right. Given this he is probably better off not engaging on a relatively robust forum designed to share opinions, however as he would be quick to point out that’s just an opinion, I have no evidence.

It would probably do us all well though to remember that however aggressive, irrational or obnoxious a poster might come across, there is a human being at the other end, often vulnerable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 82
louth_in_the_south
February 20, 2024, 1:14pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,682
Gold Stars: 96
I got a pretty aggressive PM from him a few weeks ago accusing me of this and that . It turned out he hadn’t read my post correctly and thought I was having a dig at him when it was about a completely different topic . I pointed out this glaringly obvious misunderstanding and tbf he did apologise 🤣🤣

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 82
RonMariner
February 20, 2024, 2:24pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,693
Gold Stars: 226
On a board like this you will often get adverse comments directed at you, some justified, some not. But at the end of the day there are times when you just have to let it go rather than get into a long running flame war.

It’s really not important to always have the last word. Most comments are very quickly forgotten as new posts flood in in a variety of topics. So my advice is to accept that strong opinions come with the nature of on line message boards, just don’t let things get to you. Some posters are setting out to deliberately wind you up with crass comments and it’s often best not to dignify them with a response.Have your say and move on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 82
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › BAWB and firesticks

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.