5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
February 18, 2024, 1:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,412
Gold Stars: 534

Ill informed because I'm not negative? I think I'm going to opt out in future and leave this place a pitt of negativity. Guessing people want this place to be twitter. Attack anyone who disagrees. Must defend hive mind.

When we get players with ability and effort, I'll be calling for Clifton to be on the bench, but until we get that luxury, he's one of our best 3 midfield options. There are plenty more than deserve criticism that that.
Hume won us the penalty and had some pretty solid attacks. He's clearly rusty and getting into it, but he's demonstrated some ability.
Green wasn't good in DM in a passing team. Didn't think I had to spell that one out. The last 2 games he's started, we've been dreadful.
SP implied something very different about Hunt. I think I'll trust SP on this one.

Vernam won us the penalty
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 48
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 18, 2024, 1:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,692
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I don’t think I’ve ever read a more ill informed post on here.

You wouldn’t fault Clifton for effort? What about a lack of ability then.
Thompson has looked top notch at times? Yes, he did OK for an hour at Accrington then ran out of gas and was subsequently woeful against Stockport.
Hume a beast? Never in a million years.
How did Green do in what role? We’re his only EFL club and, he’ll end up back in non league either here or somewhere else.
Hunt is a technically excellent footballer who is probably a bit weak but has been training for the last six weeks.

I know we all see the game differently but I have to agree with you re Ancients post which, IMO, is laughable. Thompson was abject against Stockport and rightly substituted at half time which, if rumours are believed, led to an argument and being left out of the squad. All round not good for morale.

I’m also puzzled as to why Arthur did the pre match interview and was then omitted from the squad, very odd!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 48
DB
February 18, 2024, 2:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,020
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from MuddyWaters
The body language of the subs warming up yesterday was very telling. No intensity, laughing and joking, even Gav who is a top pro (albeit not the best player) didn’t look bothered.

Regarding Alex Hunt. He isn’t injured and was apparently told he could leave. That was a month after he was described as ‘pivotal’ to the way we play after he bossed Crewe. Purely by chance (!!), Conteh then had a fantastic game against Notts and put himself in the shop window and the consequence is that we end up with yesterday’s midfield who wouldn’t look out of place in Conference North.

I seem to recall he told some players in January that their contracts would not be renewed and could leave if they wanted. He did not name names but it's not an ideal situation to have been told you're no good and then expected to play well. It must be demoralising for them knowing that regardless of what they do they've lost their current job. The obvious one is Wilson who chose to leave but the paperwork didn't hit in time. As you have mentioned above the rumour are the same for Hunt, but how many others?

All this is not conducive to making a happy squad full of team spirit. Do or die attitude, but pulling out of tackles as mentioned on other threads.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 48
JK47
February 18, 2024, 3:57pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.71
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +189
Gold Stars: 2
I've looked at the important data, and....... we're third bottom.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 48
HertsGTFC
February 18, 2024, 4:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,934
Gold Stars: 228
When he arrived Artell said he’d tell people who he didn’t want that they could leave in the Jan window, maybe letting the influential club captain go wasn’t the best move he could have made in terms of squad confidence.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 48
lew chaterleys lover
February 18, 2024, 5:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from JK47
I've looked at the important data, and....... we're third bottom.

That is so, so true! You can read and analyse the data till the cows come home and say we are not as bad as our position suggests but it is all nonsense.

You never hear of any notice being taken of data when you are 10 points clear at the top, if it shows actually you are not playing that well, do you?!
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 48
davmariner
February 18, 2024, 7:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,931
Gold Stars: 79
Just done some quick maths. If we were to project Artell’s average PPG across a whole 46 game season, we’d finish on 35 points. That would have seen us finish (comfortably) bottom of League 2 and relegated last year.

Project Artell’s average PPG since he started to make his changes to his team in the January transfer window across a whole season and it’s even worse. We would have finished lower than Scunny in the year they dropped out of the Football League.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 48
oochiad
February 18, 2024, 9:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,719
Gold Stars: 28
When he joined us he described us as a bit ‘meh’, I wonder how he would describe us now?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 48
jamesgtfc
February 18, 2024, 9:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,959
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from oochiad
When he joined us he described us as a bit ‘meh’, I wonder how he would describe us now?

Danny Rose has told him it's better. He must think we are all stupid if we believe that Danny Rose genuinely said that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 48
Poojah
February 18, 2024, 10:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,541
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Danny Rose has told him it's better. He must think we are all stupid if we believe that Danny Rose genuinely said that.

Rose looked absolutely fúcking livid towards the end of yesterday’s game. There was a moment, when the crowd started with the “you’re not fit to wear the shirt” chant, that he looked to the lower Findus as if to say “are you for fúcking real, I’m running my árse into the ground”. Those in the stands were very quick to point out “no, not you Danny, every cúnt BUT you”.

At the end of the game, a handful of Town players attempted to half-heartedly clap the Town fans left in the ground, only to be told to where to go. Rose came over alone, offered an apologetic hand and received a clap back for his efforts. Again, those there, myself included, made it absolutely crystal clear that he was not being held accountable for what was going down. He has been a solitary shining light in this bleakest of seasons.

He just looked so, so fúcked off. We only have to watch this circus once or twice a week. He has to be a part of it every moment of his working life.

I feel for the lad, I really do. As much as I’d love to see him in a Town shirt next season, I almost hope for his sake that he isn’t. He doesn’t deserve to be a part of this.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › An objective view on Dave Artell

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.