friskneymariner
February 18, 2024, 11:16am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Yoda
Most sane people listening to Artell for 10 minutes realise he’s a total fraud and just talks in corporate phrases.

And that is exactly how he got the job,he told the owners exactly what they wanted to hear,and they fell for it hook line and sinker.There are several people in instilled in the club who are not up to their jobs.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 48
The Caterham Mariner
February 18, 2024, 11:29am
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +84
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from HerveJosse

I presume exile means you haven’t been to recent games. A pair of eyes beats stats and any attempt at semi rational analysis from a distance..

True point i too am an Exile I have to listen to commentary's and Sunday mornings watch highlights on youtube etc, to give  true opinion.
See you at Wimbledon, Sutton Gillingham  and dread Crawley to see with my own eyes
UTM

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 48
GollyGTFC
February 18, 2024, 11:31am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,965
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from friskneymariner

And that is exactly how he got the job,he told the owners exactly what they wanted to hear,and they fell for it hook line and sinker.There are several people in instilled in the club who are not up to their jobs.

I said it to GranthamMariner when he was appointed...

Artell would have gone through all Stockwood's articles in the Graudian before his interview and would have told Stockwood everything he wanted to hear and more.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 48
Hagrid
February 18, 2024, 11:35am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,413
Gold Stars: 534
How the bloody hell is he still in charge this morning.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 48
MuddyWaters
February 18, 2024, 11:38am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,250
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Hagrid
How the bloody hell is he still in charge this morning.

Data still being examined  
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 48
Poojah
February 18, 2024, 11:44am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,542
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Data still being examined  

Data has arrived.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 48
February 18, 2024, 12:08pm
Guest User

Is the question, have we a better chance of staying with or without DA?

And how will this influence DA's future if we stay up?
Reply: 26 - 48
AncientExiledMariner
February 18, 2024, 12:14pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +516
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from mariner91

A 0-0 draw with Accrington, a draw with MK Dons three months ago and drawing against Notts County who are dropping like a stone and have one of the worst defences in the league is not what I would call green shoots. The reality is that the players aren’t good enough but that is compounded by them clearly not playing for Artell. There is no collective ownership, there is no sign of any fight or desire to get back in to these games. Other than Vernam and Rose yesterday it was just a collective shrug from the players, resigned to another pathetic home defeat to a below average side. If you’ve not witnessed how bad we are in the flesh then no offence but I don’t think you quite realise how alarming the body language is from this team. Sticking with Artell is a sure fire way to get relegated.

I've seen enough body language on highlights, and I am concerned. Some of those players I'd like to not see wear a town shirt again, but if it is a professionalism problem, you cannot allow them to get another manager sacked. We don't want to become a Man Utd type problem. A manager has to hold them to account over summer transfer windows when their contracts run out. Ultimately, you've got to pick the 11 working hard enough and hope being out the team is a kick up the bottom some of them need.

I wouldn't fault Clifton for effort. Hume has looked like a bit of a beast at times, but is rusty. Thompson has looked top notch at times but unfortunately was unavailable and we already know how Green did in that role just 2 or 3 games ago. The Fishy darling Hunt is back in contention after returning to training.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 48
MuddyWaters
February 18, 2024, 1:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,250
Gold Stars: 235

I've seen enough body language on highlights, and I am concerned. Some of those players I'd like to not see wear a town shirt again, but if it is a professionalism problem, you cannot allow them to get another manager sacked. We don't want to become a Man Utd type problem. A manager has to hold them to account over summer transfer windows when their contracts run out. Ultimately, you've got to pick the 11 working hard enough and hope being out the team is a kick up the bottom some of them need.

I wouldn't fault Clifton for effort. Hume has looked like a bit of a beast at times, but is rusty. Thompson has looked top notch at times but unfortunately was unavailable and we already know how Green did in that role just 2 or 3 games ago. The Fishy darling Hunt is back in contention after returning to training.

I don’t think I’ve ever read a more ill informed post on here.

You wouldn’t fault Clifton for effort? What about a lack of ability then.
Thompson has looked top notch at times? Yes, he did OK for an hour at Accrington then ran out of gas and was subsequently woeful against Stockport.
Hume a beast? Never in a million years.
How did Green do in what role? We’re his only EFL club and, he’ll end up back in non league either here or somewhere else.
Hunt is a technically excellent footballer who is probably a bit weak but has been training for the last six weeks.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 48
AncientExiledMariner
February 18, 2024, 1:26pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +516
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I don’t think I’ve ever read a more ill informed post on here.

You wouldn’t fault Clifton for effort? What about a lack of ability then.
Thompson has looked top notch at times? Yes, he did OK for an hour at Accrington then ran out of gas and was subsequently woeful against Stockport.
Hume a beast? Never in a million years.
How did Green do in what role? We’re his only EFL club and, he’ll end up back in non league either here or somewhere else.
Hunt is a technically excellent footballer who is probably a bit weak but has been training for the last six weeks.

Ill informed because I'm not negative? I think I'm going to opt out in future and leave this place a pitt of negativity. Guessing people want this place to be twitter. Attack anyone who disagrees. Must defend hive mind.

When we get players with ability and effort, I'll be calling for Clifton to be on the bench, but until we get that luxury, he's one of our best 3 midfield options. There are plenty more than deserve criticism that that.
Hume won us the penalty and had some pretty solid attacks. He's clearly rusty and getting into it, but he's demonstrated some ability.
Green wasn't good in DM in a passing team. Didn't think I had to spell that one out. The last 2 games he's started, we've been dreadful.
SP implied something very different about Hunt. I think I'll trust SP on this one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › An objective view on Dave Artell

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.