Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 10 Guests

Tony Blair's Wimbledon to Belfast plan

This thread currently has 3,063 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
December 29, 2023, 1:14pm
Guest User
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

It.is a public forum with forum rules posted on a sticky in the main board. I've simply pointed out that you have been excessive (domineering?!) with your number of replies and haven't actually posted ON topic, just made the whole thread about Blair, Northern Ireland, and the troubles, which has played a part in it getting moved to non football.

Thanks for accusing me of censorship by me making what I thought was a valid point worthy of reflection.

Actually it wasn't me who started having a go at Blair, it was someone else.  Also on page 2 of this thread I asked that it be closed, but people carried on, so I did too, which is my right.

Reply: 70 - 89
ex-merseymariner
December 29, 2023, 1:24pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from 123614

Actually it wasn't me who started having a go at Blair, it was someone else.  Also on page 2 of this thread I asked that it be closed, but people carried on, so I did too, which is my right.

You've conveniently ignored that you've made 30+ posts on the thread without posting regarding the initial topic, and you may not have been first to have go but you were very early on.  

Maybe you could post something next relating to the original bbc article, or is that asking too much?

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 89
December 29, 2023, 1:26pm
Guest User
Quoted from smokey111
Genuine question B and W. I studied the Troubles at university and often wondered about the psychological impact on all involved. I know some fire and police service workers utilise a dark/macabre humour as a coping mechanism. Was this the same for you and your colleagues during tours of Northern Ireland? On reflection, did any of your colleagues fall below the required standards expected of them?

Well I can tell you for sure that I ended up with being diagnosed with PTSD because of things I saw and experienced in my tours of NI, and I still suffer from it now.  I am not aware of anyone falling below the required standard in my platoon, which consists of around 30 men, but cannot speak for the other 620 men of my Battalion, except that I do recall on my 5 month tour in the New Lodge, Belfast where I was attached to another company, of one JNCO being taken off foot patrols due to him being found to be taking some kind of medication that wasn't allowed, not illegal drugs.

As for dark humour, 100% yes, the British Army is known for it;s dark humour, especially in situations like N Ireland, it helped you get through the day.

Reply: 72 - 89
December 29, 2023, 1:30pm
Guest User
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

You've conveniently ignored that you've made 30+ posts on the thread without posting regarding the initial topic, and you may not have been first to have go but you were very early on.  

Maybe you could post something next relating to the original bbc article, or is that asking too much?

Actually I don't need your suggestions as to what I should post on this forum.  You heard of free speech?  Regardless of what the original topic was, other people took it a different way, and I followed, and also if I make 100 posts on here, its none of your business.  I will continue to post on this thread and answer any post about me, unless GrimRob tells me to stop.

Reply: 73 - 89
Southwark Mariner
December 29, 2023, 2:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,562
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from 123614

Well I can tell you for sure that I ended up with being diagnosed with PTSD because of things I saw and experienced in my tours of NI, and I still suffer from it now.  

It might be too personal but I think we'd understand you a lot more if you shared your experiences of PTSD

edit: I've just seen you've posted in the mental health thread, so I'll read there
2nd edit: "What prompted the PTSD diagnosis was the fact that I was always suspicious at what was going on around me.  I couldn't have people walking up closely behind me, I had to stop and let them pass.  I couldn't travel on public transport, especially when it was full, and also could not attend gatherings of large amounts of people.  I also have to sit facing a door if I am in a café or any other public place so I can see who is coming in, and what they are doing.  To this day, these incidents still happen.  I guess it's a cross I have to bear, but at least I am doing that without taking the medication I was originally prescribed, as that stuff sent me loopy."

Sometimes reading your posts on this forum it does feel like you can be overly aggressive towards people and I feel it might relate to this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 89
December 29, 2023, 3:43pm
Guest User
So are you a Psychologist?  Then I am sorry, but you are reading, this, and my other posts wrong. There is no aggression in my posts, unless someone has been aggressive to me first.  I defy you to show me any posts that are aggressive without being attacked first.  You cannot identify emotions from my written text.
Reply: 75 - 89
Southwark Mariner
December 29, 2023, 4:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,562
Gold Stars: 83
I think the point is you see aggression where it doesn't exist. I understand now that it's not your fault but part of your PTSD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 89
Limerick Mariner
December 29, 2023, 5:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,720
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from 123614

I wouldn't trust Sinn Fein in a million years, the biggest lying illegitimates in living history, not to mention that their leaders were both members of the IRA back in the 70's and they always backed IRA operations even when innocent men, women and children were killed, they never showed any remorse for those crimes, ever.  You say Johnson is a lying cvunt, not as big a liar as Blair especially over the Iraq war, which we should never have played any part in.

Johnson said there would be no customs border when he signed an agreement that said there would be - there could not be a more blatant barefaced lie.

I agree we shouldn’t have invaded Iraq with the US. At the time I was still siding with Blair because WMD has been used by Saddam Hussien on the Kurds. Blair put a spin on the evidence, but it was still a probability game - no one knew for certain. I expect Blair deeply regrets this but his motives were to remove a murdering fascist who deliberately slaughtered tens of thousands. People should also remember that the invasion phase wasn’t the problem. Overwhelming force was used but with minimum collateral damage. Total deaths by the time the Coalition was in control of the territory were lower than in Gaza since 7th October  - 13k. 10k Iraqi armed forces 3k civilians. The massive feck up came after - the Coalition disbanded the Iraqi army whose weapons then disappeared into the hands of numerous insurgent groups. If the Coalition had managed Iraq as well as the allies managed the rebuilding of West Germany 1945 onwards would anyone have cared so much about the spinning of evidence of WMDs?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 89
December 30, 2023, 9:06am
Guest User
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
I think the point is you see aggression where it doesn't exist. I understand now that it's not your fault but part of your PTSD

I'm not being rude and this is a genuine question.  Are you a Psychologist,  If not, with all due respect, you are not qualified to make that statement?

Reply: 78 - 89
SpiritOf98
December 30, 2023, 9:29am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Approval: +281
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from 123614

I'm not being rude and this is a genuine question.  Are you a Psychologist,  If not, with all due respect, you are not qualified to make that statement?

I'm not being rude and this is a genuine question. Are you a Mod?  If not, with all due respect, you are not qualified to deem what should and shouldn't be off-topic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 89
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Tony Blair's Wimbledon to Belfast plan

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.