Maringer
December 28, 2023, 12:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,635
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from 123614

If you had some of your best mates killed out there, and had to endure all the excrement, riots, gun fights, and abuse that I got during my 3 tours of duty there, then I think you might think differently.

I don't likle to belabour the point, but you were out there doing your job. I appreciate it was very difficult for you (and your comrades), and difficult to see the terrorists who were attacking you released at a later date, but that is how peace processes work. There is no alternative, as the Israelis are currently showing. Refusal to consider a two-state solution in Israel/Palestine means that civilians will continue suffer in future decades.

Sacrifices have to be made to have peace, even if unsavoury people end up getting away with their misdeeds.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 89
friskneymariner
December 28, 2023, 12:37pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
That's why David Cameron went to apologise to the people of Derry.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 89
December 28, 2023, 12:58pm
Guest User
Quoted from Maringer

I don't likle to belabour the point, but you were out there doing your job. I appreciate it was very difficult for you (and your comrades), and difficult to see the terrorists who were attacking you released at a later date, but that is how peace processes work. There is no alternative, as the Israelis are currently showing. Refusal to consider a two-state solution in Israel/Palestine means that civilians will continue suffer in future decades.

Sacrifices have to be made to have peace, even if unsavoury people end up getting away with their misdeeds.

You have no idea what you are talking about, you wasn't there, you don't know anything about what we went through,  This entire thread should be closes and moved to non football.

Reply: 12 - 89
HatTrickHero
December 28, 2023, 12:58pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +781
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from 123614
Cannot stand the man. releasing all those murdering scum with the Good Friday Agreement, he should be in jail.

/Black& White Bear mode ON/

What has this got to do with GTFC?

Let's delete this thread, things are miserable  enough surely.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 89
December 28, 2023, 1:01pm
Guest User
Quoted from friskneymariner
That's why David Cameron went to apologise to the people of Derry.

Over Bloody Sunday?  You do realise that it has been proved that the IRA were the first to fire shots, and are you also aware that when a gunman is shot, sympathisers immediately move in and spirit his weapon away, and say they were innocent, I doubt very much that you do know much about 'The Troubles' at all.
Reply: 14 - 89
December 28, 2023, 1:04pm
Guest User
Quoted from HatTrickHero

/Black& White Bear mode ON/

What has this got to do with GTFC?

Let's delete this thread, things are miserable  enough surely.

I wasn't the one who started this thread, so feck off with your Black and White Bear mode.

Reply: 15 - 89
Brummie Codfather
December 28, 2023, 1:16pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +878
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from 123614

You have no idea what you are talking about, you wasn't there, you don't know anything about what we went through,  This entire thread should be closes and moved to non football.

I appreciate you and those stationed over there went through hell, however what’s the alternative?  Keep fighting because of the wrong done to you, then keep fighting because of the generations sent afterwards, and so on.  That way the cycle of violence never ends and people keep dying.  Better to come to an accommodation surely, no matter how distasteful people may find it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 89
HatTrickHero
December 28, 2023, 1:24pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +781
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from 123614

I wasn't the one who started this thread, so feck off with your Black and White Bear mode.

No, you feck off with your ramblings, like you tell others to do. Learn the art of debate, don't expect to stretch out every debate until everyone tires of you and you somehow gain 'the win' by getting the last word.
At least this soon to deteriorate group chat has been moved to non footy, so I'm out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 89
diehardmariner
December 28, 2023, 1:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,651
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from 123614

If you had some of your best mates killed out there, and had to endure all the excrement, riots, gun fights, and abuse that I got during my 3 tours of duty there, then I think you might think differently.

That's not the point he's making BAWB.

The GFA has brought a significant period of peace to that area.  Without the agreement, I'm pretty certain we wouldn't have had that.  

I'm no fan of Blair and there's literally hundreds of things to hang him with, but I don't think the GFA is one of them.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 89
December 28, 2023, 1:35pm
Guest User
Quoted from Brummie Codfather

I appreciate you and those stationed over there went through hell, however what’s the alternative?  Keep fighting because of the wrong done to you, then keep fighting because of the generations sent afterwards, and so on.  That way the cycle of violence never ends and people keep dying.  Better to come to an accommodation surely, no matter how distasteful people may find it.

The IRA are STILL fighting, a Police Officer was shot as recently as March 2023 and in April 2023 there was a petrol bomb attack on police in a police landrover, which they were lucky to escape from.

Also, ask the families of the 1,400 soldiers killed and the 319 policemen killed, not to mention the 1,879 civilians that were also killed by terrorist attacks, if they were in favour of the Good Friday agreement.

Reply: 19 - 89
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Tony Blair's Wimbledon to Belfast plan

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.