Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 254 Guests

Just back.

This thread currently has 7,783 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
April 19, 2023, 10:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
I'd say that he's moved north twice and then right out west (Exeter) from southern clubs, be it permanent or on loan, suggests he's prepared to move for his football.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 87
Poojah
April 19, 2023, 10:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,669
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from HerveJosse

Two or three things in his Wiki profile suggest there is no way he is moving to Cleethorpes

He’s a southern lad who’s played a lot of his football darn sarf, I hear ya. What else am I missing?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 87
ska face
April 19, 2023, 10:46am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
What’s the story with Smith, @pontoonlew?

Suggestion we were close but surely couldn’t have been that close if he ended up at Exeter?

Been reading to the Orient forum recently (again, apologies to my employer) and they seem to think he has a bad attitude and doesn’t really want to do the donkey work, stormed off down the tunnel before and other bits. Like has been said, would be almost tailor-made for what we need.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 87
jamesgtfc
April 19, 2023, 10:58am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
With McAtee going, I think we can accommodate a bit of a rogue. Whilst Hurst builds hard working teams, he has often taken a punt on a player who isn't quite like the rest of the group: McAtee, Neilson, Vose, Cook. Some have worked, some haven't.

I don't think Smith will come here, but we definitely need a focal point up front in that mould.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 87
Maringer
April 19, 2023, 10:58am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,644
Gold Stars: 189
I've missed a few games of late for one reason or another and, what struck me last night, was that it seemed to be a relatively open game in comparison to the usual fare. They didn't put the press on us as most teams do these days and I think the fact we had a back 4 instead of a back three meant that midfield wasn't quite as congested as usual. I quite enjoyed it, truth be told.

Not a huge amount of quality on show, but some decent spells for both teams in difficult conditions. The victory an obvious bonus!

I'm still far from convinced by Orsi when he starts, but he did take his goal very well last night. Worth continuing with him and Lloyd for a game or two, especially as McAtee looks to have run his race this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 87
HerveJosse
April 19, 2023, 11:02am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Poojah

He’s a southern lad who’s played a lot of his football darn sarf, I hear ya. What else am I missing?

His wiki profile suggests he left Exeter early because he couldn’t settle in Devon , that was only last year. Prior to that reported to have had mental health and gambling problems. He is from Chatham so with a wealth of clubs to chose from in the South East and Gillingham on his doorstep I think for us it a longshot.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 87
Poojah
April 19, 2023, 11:10am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from HerveJosse

His wiki profile suggests he left Exeter early because he couldn’t settle in Devon , that was only last year.

I’m no Geographist, but I think Cleethorpes is a reasonable way from Devon.

Quoted from HerveJosse
Prior to that reported to have had mental health and gambling problems.

Christ, who doesn’t have mental health problems these days? That said, I had forgotten Meggies’ moniker of “The Las Vegas of the East Coast” and that Spurn Point has recently been twinned with Macau.

Quoted from HerveJosse
He is from Chatham so with a wealth of clubs to chose from in the South East and Gillingham on his doorstep I think for us it a longshot.

Quite possibly. Geography rarely works in our favour, as we well know. But since it seems Scunny have already got their feet under the table at Ilkeston, it seems we ain’t moving any time soon. What we do have, I believe, is a club on the up, managed by a good manager and run by good, forward thinking people, with a budget that should genuinely, for once, be competitive. It’s about time we fúcking sold ourselves.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 87
HerveJosse
April 19, 2023, 11:17am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Poojah

I’m no Geographist, but I think Cleethorpes is a reasonable way from Devon.

Christ, who doesn’t have mental health problems these days? That said, I had forgotten Meggies’ moniker of “The Las Vegas of the East Coast” and that Spurn Point has recently been twinned with Macau.

Quite possibly. Geography rarely works in our favour, as we well know. But since it seems Scunny have already got their feet under the table at Ilkeston, it seems we ain’t moving any time soon. What we do have, I believe, is a club on the up, managed by a good manager and run by good, forward thinking people, with a budget that should genuinely, for once, be competitive. It’s about time we fúcking sold ourselves.

And I thought you were a sensible poster
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 87
Poojah
April 19, 2023, 11:19am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from HerveJosse

And I thought you were a sensible poster

I’m not sure why you thought that, but putting that to one side, which part of my post did you not find sensible?

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 87
Jarmo.Is.God
April 19, 2023, 11:21am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Why was Farman going back to the docks to take a run up for his kicks btw? was funny though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 87
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.