HertsGTFC
April 7, 2023, 9:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.24
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,076
Gold Stars: 239
Quoted from heppy88

A balanced post that reflects my thoughts. But There's no way Hurst will be forced from the club. If he does go I think it will be (as was before) down to his own volition. Stockwood has always said he believes Hurst is an important part of the plans going forward. If they wont sack him during 10 straight losses last season, then there's not a cat in hells chance they will force him out after promotion and a sixth round FA  finish within a 12 month period.

I’d agree, what you’ll see due to the cup run is a few decent players coming in (I hope) a few in and out of contract leaving leaving a group capable of doing better, whether or not Hurst maximises the best budget he’s had remains to be seen, similar to any other manager in this position.

As next season’s budget windfall has not been directly funded by the board or BAU day to day income I’d suggest he’s got a fair amount of time to get it right.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 123
Abdul19
April 7, 2023, 9:17pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.40
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,639
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from ginnywings
I think people are saying that we have only won 9 EFL home games, not counting non league.

Only 4 this season and whatever wins he managed before relegation when he came back.

We won 3 out of 13 PH home games in 20/21 so it's the wrong amount of league games, league wins, FL games and FL wins!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 123
realist
April 7, 2023, 9:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
Buckley had the best vision for success. Make BP a fortress, never lose and try to win every game.
The current muppet is clueless in this respect. How many seasons must we put up with the appalling home form? Hurst always gives opponents too much respect. Time to go Paul.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 123
HerveJosse
April 7, 2023, 9:26pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,208
Gold Stars: 145
Not wishing facts to get in the way of a good argy barge nevertheless here we go . Since PH returned we have played 33 home EFL games and won 7.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 123
HerveJosse
April 7, 2023, 9:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,208
Gold Stars: 145
Quoted from HerveJosse
Not wishing facts to get in the way of a good argy barge nevertheless here we go . Since PH returned we have played 33 home EFL games and won 7.

And of interest  to some on one side of the arguement will be that in those 33 games we have only won twice against teams in the top half of the table .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 123
moosey_club
April 7, 2023, 9:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,336
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from GrimExile
I get that the manager wants to have a look at one or two players and maybe look at a different system in preparation for next season. But NOT on a bank holiday, at home in front of a capacity crowd. To me that’s insulting the paying fans. Not on and he should be ashamed of himself.

I have got this far into a thread ..and don't feel the need to go any further. Nail..Head

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 123
CSLM
April 7, 2023, 9:56pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +645
Gold Stars: 12
Have to say I am pretty surprised by all of the green ticks/red crosses that seem to suddenly show support for changing the manager.
Plenty of these are from the same people who after the recent away games were saying ' we're not far away from being a top 7 team '.
Clearly today was a shambles and the lack of changes in the first half was concerning when it was so clear that is was not working. I think everyone was worried when the lineup was posted and rightly so.
Halftime changes were needed and did come.
After the equaliser we were definitely looking most likely to get another but we fell apart after the penalty.

We got incredibly lucky at the end of last season but Hurst was the man who built that team spirit and i don't think we should forget that just yet, especially with the cup run.
Saying that I completely agree that we need to be a lot more adventurous when playing at home. If we had gone all out we would surely have more points at home than we have managed.

There are definitely questions/criticisms for Hurst to answer but I think he has earnt himself next year as we should ( hopefully ) kick on to a decent league 2 finish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 123
grimsby pete
April 7, 2023, 10:03pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,842
Gold Stars: 223
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I’m not sure how someone ‘deserves to succeed’ unless there’s some accountability on the playing side. Four wins from 19 home games is appalling, even more so when you look how many times he’s set up to not lose.

People moan about atmosphere at BP but we, without fail, always let the opposition on the front foot.

They deserve to succeed because they are going about their business in the correct manner doing what is right for the club not what benefits them.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 123
moosey_club
April 7, 2023, 10:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,336
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from psgmariner

I don’t know what the answer is but BP is a library and something needs to be done about it.

Play more than one up front and treat the opposition, (every single fking week) with a little disdain rather than respect  might help

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 123
rancido
April 7, 2023, 10:06pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,679
Gold Stars: 102
PH can pick whatever eleven players he needs to get a result. But if those eleven don't do the basics or what they are instructed to do then we will get nowhere. He puts his faith in those players and they, in turn, should perform as required. Obviously the buck stops with the manager but I feel that the players have let him down far too often and they need to look at themselves and their performances.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 123
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Absolutely disgusted

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.