13 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
It Bites
April 7, 2023, 5:28pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,259
Gold Stars: 266
From the bizarre team selection to the application by the players on the pitch . That's the sort of performance/selection I'd expect from a manager that is too relaxed.  If I was his boss I'd sack him for that today . Never left a game on 76 minutes before in my life . I want my flipping money and time back . I'm gonna go look for my dummy now
Private Message
Mariner_501
April 7, 2023, 5:33pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
He’s got a job for life and he knows it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 123
Spidey
April 7, 2023, 5:35pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +385
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from It Bites
From the bizarre team selection to the application by the players on the pitch . That's the sort of performance/selection I'd expect from a manager that is too relaxed.  If I was his boss I'd sack him for that today . Never left a game on 76 minutes before in my life . I want my flipping money and time back . I'm gonna go look for my dummy now

Agree 100%, I left early today, and told Hurst he’s a disgrace on my way out. Two things I’ve never done in my 45yrs of following Town.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 123
zorro_is_a_Mariner
April 7, 2023, 5:37pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
Our home form this season has been very poor we need to improve that massively next season.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 123
Vance Warner
April 7, 2023, 5:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,821
Gold Stars: 105
Understand not starting with Taylor and McAtee if neither will be here next season. Hurst will have learnt a lot from today about the scale of rebuild needed. Understand the frustration but there’s a reason Hurst has job security and that’s because he gets the majority of decisions right over the course of a season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 123
Lincoln Mariner 56
April 7, 2023, 5:57pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,763
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from Vance Warner
Understand not starting with Taylor and McAtee if neither will be here next season. Hurst will have learnt a lot from today about the scale of rebuild needed. Understand the frustration but there’s a reason Hurst has job security and that’s because he gets the majority of decisions right over the course of a season

Does he get most things right? Are we not in the bottom third of the league with an appalling home record which has provided little or no entertainment for the home fans in 90% of home fixtures. A number of his signings are not of the required standard and we will need a considerable rebuild again next season if we are to progress.

Staggered by today’s starting lineup and given the size of the crowd felt we should have fielded our strongest eleven from the start not be saving players for Monday’s away game at Doncaster.

To be fair until the penalty, on the basis of the second half changes and approach, could only see one side winning the game but the failure to go ahead was immediately followed by Efete’s rash challenge and then total capitulation.

Will be there on Monday but after today can’t say I’m looking forward to it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 123
Zmariner
April 7, 2023, 6:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Stuck it to the end. No idea why we set up with three centre halves five at the back in the first half. I thought I was at  an away game or we were playing for nil nil and we were playing Brighton not Hartlepool. Thought Otis Khan played well, apart from that, we were garbage. Really do not like to see Hunt in the team. It was embarrassing and I really do not know who iwe would keep for next season based on that.
Thank goodness, only four home games left we are crap
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 123
MuddyWaters
April 7, 2023, 6:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236
Four home wins on the back of promotion and record ST sales is taking the urine.

Today’s team selection was plain odd. He’s much too comfortable in his job.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 123
dapperz fun pub
April 7, 2023, 6:12pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,021
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Four home wins on the back of promotion and record ST sales is taking the urine.

Today’s team selection was plain odd. He’s much too comfortable in his job.

Their lies the problem other than fergie in the last thirty years no manager should feel totally comfortable even wenger got some stick towards the end. We need half a dozen in and any of them can go and I mean any of them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 123
TwoLeftFeet
April 7, 2023, 6:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,101
Gold Stars: 19
After 4 home wins sll season and 7k + gate.. you play your strongest team and have a go, that was awful and Hurst can dress it up anyway he likes he got that massively wrong...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 123
13 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Absolutely disgusted

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.