HerveJosse
February 28, 2023, 6:52pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,213
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Whilst I take your point, ticket sales etc would have also been factored in then.

The wording suggests the £171k extra loss is the net effect ie after reflecting ticket sales. Presumably  the profit from the day itself would be minimal given the stadium costs etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 98
jamesgtfc
February 28, 2023, 6:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from HerveJosse

The wording suggests the £171k extra loss is the net effect ie after reflecting ticket sales. Presumably  the profit from the day itself would be minimal given the stadium costs etc.

I seem to recall at the time that ticket revenue from all of the play-off games was split across all member clubs in the NL, NLN and NLS. Therefore the financial impact to Notts County of limiting our away support was minimal and probably influenced their decision to try gain an advantage.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 98
supertown
February 28, 2023, 6:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,461
Gold Stars: 53
I had the ‘pleasure’ of getting a seat at the back of the main stand for the Luton game. Absolutely awful view, like watching footy through a letterbox. I full intended to ask to move into the Osmond but we scored a bit early and didn’t want to tempt fate !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 98
immariner
February 28, 2023, 7:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from MuddyWaters
The problem with Annual Accounts is that they're basically a historical document by the time they are published.

Most of the club's good fortune has happened after the year end - basically the play off final, promotion, ST sales, McAtee fee and the cup run will all appear in 12 months' time.

Exactly that. And with the accounts not following the football season, it is impossible to gather the full picture, though the transparency should be lauded. Football accounts would make for much more lucid reading if they were all submitted for year end 31/05
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 98
White_shorts
February 28, 2023, 8:44pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -648
Gold Stars: 13

That would apply to a new stadium as well I guess.

Wouldn't the fact there is already an existing structure there help us with planning?

If I was a resident I would prefer a new smart structure than the cobbled together stand as it is now.

It will be fascinating to see what the next few years bring.

There won't be any complaints from residents if a new stadium was built as part of the 3,800 houses planned for Grimsby West.

People should stop wasting their time on Earth fantasising about redeveloping Blundell Park.  It was constructed at a time when most people did not own cars.  The council would now have to consider traffic congestion.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 98
lew chaterleys lover
February 28, 2023, 8:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from White_shorts

There won't be any complaints from residents if a new stadium was built as part of the 3,800 houses planned for Grimsby West.

People should stop wasting their time on Earth fantasising about redeveloping Blundell Park.  It was constructed at a time when most people did not own cars.  The council would now have to consider traffic congestion.

Won't there be traffic congestion at the site of a new stadium? There is traffic congestion at every ground I've been to, new or old. It's once every couple of weeks in the season so not really a problem.

Unless you know something we don't I can't see how we could ever afford a new ground.
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 98
ska face
February 28, 2023, 9:06pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
BP is a potentially more sustainable location in terms of traffic infrastructure than a brand new stadium at “Grimsby West”. BP is already served by a train station about 15-mins walk away, is located on the A180 and you’d imagine a large proportion of fans live a short walk away from the ground. Increasing capacity by 2-3k would have a lower impact on traffic than a brand new stadium in a residential area, only accessible by car.
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 98
HerveJosse
February 28, 2023, 9:24pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,213
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from ska face
BP is a potentially more sustainable location in terms of traffic infrastructure than a brand new stadium at “Grimsby West”. BP is already served by a train station about 15-mins walk away, is located on the A180 and you’d imagine a large proportion of fans live a short walk away from the ground. Increasing capacity by 2-3k would have a lower impact on traffic than a brand new stadium in a residential area, only accessible by car.

You won’t be getting a job in Planning.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 98
aldi_01
February 28, 2023, 9:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from ska face

Oh intercourse off talking sense…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 98
ska face
February 28, 2023, 9:36pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from HerveJosse

You won’t be getting a job in Planning.

I’m a professional snowboarder and skateboarder, which should qualify me for a job as a masterplanner with Extreme Leisure Ltd.
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 98
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Accounts Released

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.