Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › PH post match.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 245 Guests

PH post match.

This thread currently has 8,437 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
December 31, 2022, 1:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from pen penfras

https://www.skysports.com/football/crystal-palace-vs-grimsby-town/teams/403464

How many of the current team get into that side? McAtee, Khan and Crocombe. So where's the money gone?

Quite a few to be quite honest, btw your bit about legal fees and ex employees feels like total bollox as you would assume we offered them a compromise agreement which cannot be challenged if accepted.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 80
DB
December 31, 2022, 1:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from It Bites

I was asking questions a few weeks ago and the answer is we are no better off on the pitch than the last time we came up . It's just the same old crap week in week out . The only decent football I've seen in the last 20 years was in the conference, is that still our level ?  The improvements offthe pitch were essential but the team are dreadful

A dilapidated run down club is not going to be rejuvenated in 18 months. You also have to bear in mind that they had to pay £1,500,000 out of current funds to you know who.

Given these circumstances, I think we've come a long way with being promoted in the first year of asking. Rome wasn't built in a day and if you're talking about being no better off then ask Chesterfield, Notts Cty or Wrexham supporters how they enjoy life in the NL, having spent several hundred thousands between them.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 80
Mikey_345
December 31, 2022, 1:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,528
Gold Stars: 107
Quoted from pen penfras

Quite a lot gone on paying off your mate perhaps?

Not forgetting 250k for shares he was given by the Trust…

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 80
chaos33
December 31, 2022, 2:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,971
Gold Stars: 361
Quoted from pen penfras

Ahh, the number two lapper upper is here to tell me how I'm not allowed to see through the bs talk to the underlying message that on the pitch, we aren't really spending any more than we have done for the last 20 years.

What’s a ‘number 2 lapper upper’, and who’s the number one?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 80
MuddyWaters
December 31, 2022, 2:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from DB

A dilapidated run down club is not going to be rejuvenated in 18 months. You also have to bear in mind that they had to pay £1,500,000 out of current funds to you know who.

Given these circumstances, I think we've come a long way with being promoted in the first year of asking. Rome wasn't built in a day and if you're talking about being no better off then ask Chesterfield, Notts Cty or Wrexham supporters how they enjoy life in the NL, having spent several hundred thousands between them.

Let’s be honest. They chose to pay, they didn’t have to. That’s not me saying it was the right or wrong thing to do - it was obviously part of a negotiation.
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 80
ginnywings
December 31, 2022, 2:43pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from It Bites

I was asking questions a few weeks ago and the answer is we are no better off on the pitch than the last time we came up . It's just the same old crap week in week out . The only decent football I've seen in the last 20 years was in the conference, is that still our level ?  The improvements offthe pitch were essential but the team are dreadful

Last time we came up, the team was 6 years in the making.

When PH came back, he inherited a team slowly made worse and worse by a series of poor managers, culminating in the Sunday League side that Holloway left behind.

It takes time to rebuild back to the levels we all want to see and I think it's amazing we are back in the EFL so soon considering the starting point.

Let's see how the window goes. Turned out OK last January.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 80
DB
December 31, 2022, 3:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Let’s be honest. They chose to pay, they didn’t have to. That’s not me saying it was the right or wrong thing to do - it was obviously part of a negotiation.

It is quite likely that if they didn't then 1878 would not exist and the club would may still have been run by John S Fenty.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 80
jamesgtfc
December 31, 2022, 3:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from chaos33

Before you tell us about the "lapper uppers" could you tell us a bit more about season ticket sales being spent on legal fees?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 80
MuddyWaters
December 31, 2022, 4:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from DB

It is quite likely that if they didn't then 1878 would not exist and the club would may still have been run by John S Fenty.

Exactly the point.
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 80
arryarryarry
December 31, 2022, 7:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,037
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from chaos33

I know what a number 2 is but I don't call it that anymore, I usually tell the wife I'm off for a chaos33
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › PH post match.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.