Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 54 Guests

Just back

This thread currently has 19,069 views. Print
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Norseman
November 12, 2022, 11:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +277
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from Wiley2405
Full backs absolutely awful. First touch awful, passing awful.

We could not break them down, they were organized and much more physical than us. We missed Taylor and could have done with Green in the middle for some physicality. As soon as we went 2-0 down we were never gonna get anything out the game.

I don’t blame Hurst as that’s the line up we all wanted after the Plymouth game but Donny did a job on us and fully deserved the win.

Onto next week against a good Stevenage side with that fat idiot in charge.

We can blame Hurst .Yes ,same players but different system and tactics .Still that's his job to counter the opposition .He just got it wrong .It's footy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 185
Northbank Mariner
November 13, 2022, 7:07am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,564
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from Sir Matt Tease

You are quite right Chips, "we rarely see you on here when we win" , which is why you don't see me very often !

As for seeing a well executed game plan the week before, I don't class a victory in a competition we cannot win against Plymouth reserves as anything to get excited about.

Today we were sh1te, this is our bread and butter competition and many more performances like this and the National league beckons again.

The one thing I will disagree with you is that we didn't play Plymouth reserves, 70% of that team that started plated against Exeter on the Monday, then with substitutions it became 90%.
We caught Plymouth out with pace up front and pure desire, yesterday we got out thought, out played and Hurst got it wrong, but ultimately the players on the pitch just didn't get going, fir once I would love to see a reaction next weekend and go smash Stevenage all over the park..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 185
chaos33
November 13, 2022, 7:22am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,991
Gold Stars: 364
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Some interesting stuff before kick off, Town finished their warm up a good 20+ mins before kick off, earlier than I’ve seen. Donny seemed to go in a lot closer to kick off.

At the toss it looked like they’re turned us around which started the sh1t housery quite early. Then though I agree with the knee the ref allowed them to delay the game when we were in position so they could do a group hug to take the knee, not necessary that.

All that said we made what is becoming our standard start which is generally a nervy one but this was off the scale bad. Surely we should have understood that as Donny got beat by Kings Lynn last week they’d be massively up for it. Throughout the half every time we had the ball they had 2 players around us, in response we didn’t look interested in competing physically.

Clearly Donny watched us last week so getting men behind the ball like they did stopped us finding any space beyond the line and in wide areas. As much as it frustrated me their 2 banks of 5 stopped us playing in reality.

So all of the above was evident after around 25 mins so why did Hurst not change it? Maybe take Hunt off who today looked like the young player he is, get Maher on, go 3 at the back pull Clifton into mid field with Khan or Gav tucked in behind Kiernan up front.

I’m not going to dig any player or the manager out as they quite rightly have a lot of credit in the bank but today the starting 11 and PH short changed us, or that’s the way I felt anyway.

Pure and simple we should not be outthought, outfought and in reality outplayed in a (relatively) local derby in front of a sell out.

BTW, one final thing, though he can’t be blamed for our poor performance and the result the ref was soft as sh1t.

Absolutely spot on in every regard

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 185
bradzmilne
November 13, 2022, 8:47am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,433
Gold Stars: 30
We was absolutely crying out for a “proper” striker - which is a shame after Kiernan’s heroics last week. I don’t think that any of the strikers that are currently available can lead the line on their own.

I’d be inclined to try Pepple with McAtee just behind. I’m thoroughly aware that Pepple hasn’t been great however his hold up play isn’t bad and if McAtee is there to provide the goals, it might work.

Thought it was a game made for Green. Although on the ball the midfield wasn’t awful, off the ball we lacked that bite and overall defensive tenacity.

Defence was uncharacteristically poor. Maybe this is the time to really have a go at 3-5-2/5-3-2? New systems need time to work and currently we’ve not given it a proper go. From the personnel that was brought in the summer, I’m sure that was the intended plan.

Tough game again next week

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 185
Hagrid
November 13, 2022, 8:56am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,523
Gold Stars: 545
Quoted from bradzmilne
We was absolutely crying out for a “proper” striker - which is a shame after Kiernan’s heroics last week. I don’t think that any of the strikers that are currently available can lead the line on their own.

I’d be inclined to try Pepple with McAtee just behind. I’m thoroughly aware that Pepple hasn’t been great however his hold up play isn’t bad and if McAtee is there to provide the goals, it might work.

Thought it was a game made for Green. Although on the ball the midfield wasn’t awful, off the ball we lacked that bite and overall defensive tenacity.

Defence was uncharacteristically poor. Maybe this is the time to really have a go at 3-5-2/5-3-2? New systems need time to work and currently we’ve not given it a proper go. From the personnel that was brought in the summer, I’m sure that was the intended plan.

Tough game again next week

Pepple’s done his hamstring so wont be seeing him for a while
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 185
aldi_01
November 13, 2022, 8:57am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
We were shite all over the park. End of story, people trying find scapegoats or apportion blame, it’s not worth it.

I’d argue that every player knew they’d had a stinker from the body language late on. I will add though, perhaps it’s the increased crowd numbers but there seems more morons this year that just shout cliches and the same nonsense regardless of what’s happening. Heard the same bloke blame Efete for the ball going out of play three times even though the goal kick to him was ten foot in the air and he was marked.

Same bloke near me keeps moaning about subs too…can people just go away and find out the rules regarding subs because listening to them witter on makes, what was already a shite game even harder.

The positive; Mcatee coming on and doing Mcatee things.

See ya next week…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 185
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 13, 2022, 9:34am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,793
Gold Stars: 82
Have to say it appears that a significant number of our “new season ticket holders” are a very impatient bunch and some near me in the upper were moaning before Donny scored and basically never got behind the team even when we only one goal down. I appreciate yesterday was a bloody awful performance but many a match is a game of two halves as they say unfortunately yesterday wasn’t one of them and whilst we all can have a right old mutter I really don’t get why booing and heckling your own players is deemed by some as a way of motivation!!!

Said earlier in the season that I had doubts about the quality of the players Hurst brought in during the summer and those doubts still persist as I have yet to see any of the new signings perform at a consistently acceptable standard. Obviously still backing Hurst but I’m hoping that in January a number of the loanees, including Kiernan, are sent back and we bring in at least 3 players who add real quality.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 185
HertsGTFC
November 13, 2022, 9:41am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.24
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,076
Gold Stars: 238
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Have to say it appears that a significant number of our “new season ticket holders” are a very impatient bunch and some near me in the upper were moaning before Donny scored and basically never got behind the team even when we only one goal down. I appreciate yesterday was a bloody awful performance but many a match is a game of two halves as they say unfortunately yesterday wasn’t one of them and whilst we all can have a right old mutter I really don’t get why booing and heckling your own players is deemed by some as a way of motivation!!!

Said earlier in the season that I had doubts about the quality of the players Hurst brought in during the summer and those doubts still persist as I have yet to see any of the new signings perform at a consistently acceptable standard. Obviously still backing Hurst but I’m hoping that in January a number of the loanees, including Kiernan, are sent back and we bring in at least 3 players who add real quality.

I’m an “old” STH and I wasn’t happy with every aspect of yesterday at all. When we used to get under 4,000 each week in tin pot people used to boo and get on the players backs, it’s not a new phenomenon you can pin on the support we’ve attracted.

If we keep losing and dropping down the table the likelihood of us brining in the level of talent that some (unrealistically at times) expect us to attract will become even more difficult.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 185
1mickylyons
November 13, 2022, 9:45am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,419
Gold Stars: 56
In the league so far at home I've enjoyed two games and suppose could stretch it to 3 with the only home win so far. The crowd have been mostly flat except against Bradford and a lot of that's down to the lack of intensity we start games with.No idea what we work on in the week leading upto games but PH and his staff need to look at and change something. The natives are restless League 2 is not great and the play offs should be a fairly easily attainable target.Lets crack on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 185
MuddyWaters
November 13, 2022, 9:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,294
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from 1mickylyons
In the league so far at home I've enjoyed two games and suppose could stretch it to 3 with the only home win so far. The crowd have been mostly flat except against Bradford and a lot of that's down to the lack of intensity we start games with.No idea what we work on in the week leading upto games but PH and his staff need to look at and change something. The natives are restless League 2 is not great and the play offs should be a fairly easily attainable target.Lets crack on

We should surely expect a team that had an embarrassing defeat in the cup and a good away following to come hard at us, shouldn’t we?

Can’t say I saw a single Town player who was first to a second ball yesterday and the end result was pretty much inevitable as soon as Harry missed his chance.
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 185
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.