Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 241 Guests

Just back

This thread currently has 18,956 views. Print
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
louth_in_the_south
November 12, 2022, 6:59pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,705
Gold Stars: 96
Football makes no sense . Smash Plymouth last week, then lose against Doncaster 7 days later . The joys of lower league .

Lower F5
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 185
quebec38
November 12, 2022, 6:59pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,588
Gold Stars: 48
Bad day, rubbish performance. The only thing that managed to eclipse that was the few (fortunately always a minority) stupid fans. For example, the idiot shouting at Hurst next to the dugout on his way out.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 185
Phil the cod
November 12, 2022, 7:01pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from promotion plaice

Gutted, Rugby women also lost in the final, men lost in the semi.

Really hope for the men can do it in the cricket tomorrow morning to lift my weekend.

At least scunny won..........oh wait.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 185
lew chaterleys lover
November 12, 2022, 7:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Hagrid

Whats more embarrassing is idiots booing taking a stance against racism. unfortunately our small % of braindeads in the fanbase never cease to surprise me

What stance was that? I got to my seat a minute or two late, did I miss something?
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 185
Lost in Lincoln
November 12, 2022, 7:06pm
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +388
Gold Stars: 7

What stance was that? I got to my seat a minute or two late, did I miss something?

Donny took the knee before kickoff.

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 44 - 185
moosey_club
November 12, 2022, 7:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,294
Gold Stars: 226
Same starting 11 .... why not after last week.....not changing it around after 30, 45, 60 mins when it was clear we weren't getting anywhere near their goal was poor.

I saw some of Hursts post match comments and it was clear he was as unimpressed as us fans with elements of the play..........its a shame he didn't remember that unlike us fans he could have actually done something to change it at any point.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 185
Lost in Lincoln
November 12, 2022, 7:27pm
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Approval: +388
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from moosey_club
Same starting 11 .... why not after last week.....not changing it around after 30, 45, 60 mins when it was clear we weren't getting anywhere near their goal was poor.

I saw some of Hursts post match comments and it was clear he was as unimpressed as us fans with elements of the play..........its a shame he didn't remember that unlike us fans he could have actually done something to change it at any point.

It's his job on the line.  If this form continues much longer, it'll be more than a gentle glance over our shoulders, more of the warm breath of the relegation zone looming.  Dramatic maybe, but if he's hung by his own petard, he'll have no-one to blame but himself.

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 46 - 185
ginnywings
November 12, 2022, 7:32pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Well, where do you start with that? I would say we were toothless again, but that doesn't quite do it justice. Gumless?

Started poorly, gave them a chance straight away which Max saved, learned nothing from the scare and gave their right back the freedom of the park to pick out the No 9, who had far too much time and space. 1-0 down and already chasing the game.

We spent the rest of the half huffing and puffing and only playing accurate passes among the back four and deep lying midfielders. As soon as we tried to play a progressive pass into the danger zone, it was either cut out, overhit, under hit or mis controlled . Forward pass after forward pass went nowhere. The only time we got behind them all half, Harry failed to capitalise. Not going to get into a debate about whether it was a bad miss or good goalkeeping, but even the best players fail in those moments sometimes.

We start the second half just as poorly and find ourselves 2-0 down from an excellent strike, but he had all the time in the world to set himself.

We are now chasing the game and what have we got? On come McAtee and 2 YTS loanees who have a handful of EFL games to their name and this is what really p1sses me off. We are a League 2 side getting gates of 6/7/8 thousand for home games and we can't come up with any better than that? Simmonds did the square root of feck all and Richardson just ran into dead ends. We are now 3-0 down as their striker scored another good goal. Controlled and finished it brilliantly.

McAtee did what he does and cooly slotted the ball home when the chance presented itself and also brought a save from the keeper. A chance he wouldn't have got had Richardson finished as he should have and not give their keeper the chance to save.

Is that 1 home league win all season? Not really good enough is it?

I'm starting to get bored and disengaged with it all to be honest. Never at any time in the whole 90 mins did I feel we could win that game. We give away 1 goal and we're lucky if we get a draw. Give away 2 and it's a defeat as we never look like we can ever get a sustained amount of pressure on the opposition, never mind score the goals to get us back into a game.

Kiernan isn't and never will be a striker. He has no understanding of where the space is except when the opposing defence let him run into an offside position.

Mid season slump well under way and next weeks opponents are batting way beyond their average, so another toughie and another team above us in the league. We haven't beaten one yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 185
Plankton
November 12, 2022, 7:38pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Approval: +1,215
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from ginnywings
We are now chasing the game and what have we got? On come McAtee and 2 YTS loanees who have a handful of EFL games to their name and this is what really p1sses me off. We are a League 2 side getting gates of 6/7/8 thousand for home games and we can't come up with any better than that? Simmonds did the square root of feck all and Richardson just ran into dead ends. We are now 3-0 down as their striker scored another good goal. Controlled and finished it brilliantly.

McAtee did what he does and cooly slotted the ball home when the chance presented itself and also brought a save from the keeper. A chance he wouldn't have got had Richardson finished as he should have and not give their keeper the chance to save.

These are the key points. The fans do the business but the club is still located where it is and the funds are still what they were. I think we need to get to grips with that we're a mid-table team and lucky to have that spot as those we beat getting here would bite our arm off for it. We aren't a Wrexham with Hollywood money and look where that's got them. We need to work ourselves into the league system again and that means, honestly, being midtable at best.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 185
lew chaterleys lover
November 12, 2022, 7:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Lost in Lincoln

It's his job on the line.  If this form continues much longer, it'll be more than a gentle glance over our shoulders, more of the warm breath of the relegation zone looming.  Dramatic maybe, but if he's hung by his own petard, he'll have no-one to blame but himself.

His job isn't on the line, bar an absolutely horrendous run and relegation.

The owners have complete faith in him, which has its advantages as proved last season.

However it does mean Hurst needs to accept that he cannot work miracles if he continues to gamble that players in demand will "lower their expectations " as a transfer window starts to close.

We need to pay above the going rate for strikers in the next window so we are not left with academy youngsters who are not ready for men's football yet. It is disappointing that we have not yet got a signing that really sets the pulses racing when you consider the financial support the club is getting from the fans.
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 185
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.