MuddyWaters
November 14, 2022, 6:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from arryarryarry

I think it is getting a bit silly now especially when one team lines up on the centre circle (I thought there was going to be another minutes silence) the ref blows his whistle, Donny players drop to their knees and our players stand around wondering what the frig is going on.

Sadly our players continued to stand around for the next 90 minutes.
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 185
HertsGTFC
November 14, 2022, 7:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from arryarryarry

I think it is getting a bit silly now especially when one team lines up on the centre circle (I thought there was going to be another minutes silence) the ref blows his whistle, Donny players drop to their knees and our players stand around wondering what the frig is going on.

Agree I thought they, obviously the ref didn’t realise either.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 185
lukeo
November 14, 2022, 8:59pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,395
Gold Stars: 149
On the second whilst town should have kicked off and starred the match just like all other teams do.. Why the intercourse Donny were all stood at the centre circle is beyond me. Ref should have allowed town to kick off and play
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 185
Sir Matt Tease
November 14, 2022, 9:10pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +293
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from chipsandgravy

Don't worry about me Sir Matt and you know it wasn't tongue in cheek.
This board is all about opinions. I prefer mine from those who give a better balanced view because they haven't just attended there first live game of the season. You were prevalent on this board last year during our poor run and here you are again. If like me and many others you attended the Bradford, Plymouth, Walsall, Stockport, Newport and Salford matches to mention just a few you too may give a better balanced view. Me, rightly or wrongly I am still grateful of getting back into the EFL at the first attempt and in many ways feel we are still on "catch up".  It was poor yesterday by any standards and probably not the last this season but I have seen enough of the team and manager to think we will be ok. You don't like Hurst fair enough and you only ever on here to complain and state how cr@p we are. Sadly that seems to float your boat its just that I prefer those opinions that see a bigger picture and much further than than one game or bad run. Oh and by the way we are still only 7 points off the playoffs with two thirds of the season to go, and in two cup competitions. Not too bad if you look at things realistically.

Chips, In case it had escaped your attention I posted in the "JUST BACK" thread and my opinion was based on the Doncaster game in isolation, which incidentally I still feel was sh1te !

What I had not realised was that I am not allowed an opinion, as opinions are now weighted, based on how many games you have actually attended this season, (My mistake), ! FYI, I have only failed to watch 3 games this season so feel that I am as much entitled to an opinion as you. I am afraid that in life you will have occasions when people may have an alternative view to yourself, its all about opinions and opinions prompt debate and that's a good thing. I'm sorry that you find this so difficult to understand, maybe its just a sign of the times we currently live in.

In response to your other points raised, I think that if you care to check back in my previous posts you will find praise for Hurst and the team when merited however I'm afraid that I am unable to get excited about a 3-1 home defeat where the team looked devoid of ideas for the full 90 minutes.

To sum up, If i never attended another Town game in my life I will still have watched the Mighty Mariners more than you ever will so maybe I am entitled to an opinion after all ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 185
Norseman
November 14, 2022, 11:56pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +282
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I’m not bothered by players taking the knee I am bothered about people booing them or criticising them for making their choice.

So the kneelers can choose but those that disagree can't .Both have choices and both made theirs by kneeling and booing .Freedom of expression and all that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 185
Maringer
November 15, 2022, 12:08am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,644
Gold Stars: 189
Yeah, it's not obligatory for anybody to be a decent human being.

I personally can't see the relevance of 'Taking the knee' in this country, but I understand why a lot of the players want to do something to make a statement and keep it in people's minds. Most of their teammates turn out to be decent human beings by supporting them in this.

Mind boggles that fans would want to boo their team before kick-off over something which could just be shrugged off. I presume it depends what sort of reactionary nonsense they've read online.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 185
Norseman
November 15, 2022, 12:15am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +282
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from Maringer
Yeah, it's not obligatory for anybody to be a decent human being.

I personally can't see the relevance of 'Taking the knee' in this country, but I understand why a lot of the players want to do something to make a statement and keep it in people's minds. Most of their teammates turn out to be decent human beings by supporting them in this.

Mind boggles that fans would want to boo their team before kick-off over something which could just be shrugged off. I presume it depends what sort of reactionary nonsense they've read online.

Obviously nonsense because you don't agree with how people form their opinions if it's different to yours .But it's their opinion and they are just as entitled to express it as the players are to kneel .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 185
chaos33
November 15, 2022, 4:07am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,971
Gold Stars: 361
What are you ‘expressing an opinion about’ by booing?
That would be my point. Booing is for children at pantomimes.

So, you’re either expressing your displeasure and disagreement with the players who ‘take the knee’ because they want to oppose racism, or you oppose the BLM cause, or something else. Why does it require a person to make a noise ? If you are in one of two camps, why not just remain silent and let them make their choice unopposed and without your derision. Our players have stopped doing it now anyway. I’m just puzzled that people seem to have a strong reaction to it (and boo or jeer), and why that occurs. I don’t think people are honest about their motives. Press them on why they are booing and they either can’t tell you or can’t help revealing some form of unpleasant belief.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 185
November 15, 2022, 8:56am
Guest User
Quoted from pen penfras

I'm sure Hurst will improve things in January, but that doesn't mean he hasn't made a mistake with his summer squad again. Actually, out of the 4 transfer windows he's had, only last January has he actually done a good job.

Can you state categorically just what mistake PH has made, I would love to know, as long as it is factual.  If you are going to moan about not getting a striker in, don't bother answering this.
Reply: 178 - 185
1mickylyons
November 15, 2022, 10:36am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,389
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from 123614

Can you state categorically just what mistake PH has made, I would love to know, as long as it is factual.  If you are going to moan about not getting a striker in, don't bother answering this.

Well he's brought 4 strikers in but starts none of them that suggests he's messed up.If you could get rid of all 4 for a de ent striker would you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 185
19 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.