Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 207 Guests

Just back.

This thread currently has 10,617 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
November 5, 2022, 5:50pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Football eh?

Last week we lose to the current worst team in the EFL and this week we thrash the current best team in the league above. Couldn't be any more different.

We gave them too much respect for about 5 mins, by which time they were 1-0 up from a shot that surprised me when it went in, but after that, we took the game to them and just put them to the sword.

Kiernan and Clifton especially were magnificent first half and caused them all sorts of problems. Clifton was absolutely superb for the first 45 mins.The two goals Kiernan scored were fantastic, but the second one was worth the entrance fee alone.

I think them scoring early was part of their undoing and I think they felt it was going to be an easy afternoon, but once we got into them, they seemed to wilt and couldn't really get going again.

Fantastic performance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
MuddyWaters
November 5, 2022, 5:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ginnywings
Football eh?

Last week we lose to the current worst team in the EFL and this week we thrash the current best team in the league above. Couldn't be any more different.

We gave them too much respect for about 5 mins, by which time they were 1-0 up from a shot that surprised me when it went in, but after that, we took the game to them and just put them to the sword.

Kiernan and Clifton especially were magnificent first half and caused them all sorts of problems. Clifton was absolutely superb for the first 45 mins.The two goals Kiernan scored were fantastic, but the second one was worth the entrance fee alone.

I think them scoring early was part of their undoing and I think they felt it was going to be an easy afternoon, but once we got into them, they seemed to wilt and couldn't really get going again.

Fantastic performance.

Hard to single out individuals on a day like today but there was terrific energy and Morris and Hunt looked very comfortable against a higher league midfield. In truth, our defence was rarely challenged meaning Glennon had one of his most effective games this season.

Great job lads, bring on another home draw.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 69
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
November 5, 2022, 5:59pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,831
Gold Stars: 555
Brillgrims outwit The Pilgrims in The Holloway Derby
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 69
spuggybridge
November 5, 2022, 6:07pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +41
Gold Stars: 1
Brilliant performance from every single player today, said a few weeks ago that we should let Kiernan play on the left hand side, he seemed to be a lot more comfortable when he got there today. Just hope we can play like that the rest of the season. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 69
ginnywings
November 5, 2022, 6:15pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Harry looked to be playing the McAtee role today and was very very good.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 69
LH
November 5, 2022, 6:21pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,573
Gold Stars: 174
That’s two home games in a row that I’ve come home and feel like I’ve been thoroughly entertained. Absolutely outstanding first half after a really sloppy start.

I’ve been critical of Clifton before but some of his runs at their left back today were incredible. Kiernan did brilliantly in an unfamiliar role - by far his best performance for us. The defence looked solid after conceding a really poor goal and looking a bit wobbly until our equaliser.

Nice to see some flicks and trickery today amongst some really good footy. Thoroughly enjoyable. Now let’s do that again next Saturday in front of a big crowd!
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 69
HerveJosse
November 5, 2022, 7:06pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,209
Gold Stars: 144
So we thrash the League One leaders 5-1 and Donny lose at home to Kings Lynn . What does that tell you about our prospects next Saturday .Probably the name of todays completion minus the word Cup..Sometines football is very difficult to understand.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 69
moosey_club
November 5, 2022, 7:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226
Woke up with zero expectations from today's game.
Went to the pub with zero expectations.
Saw the team sheets from both sides...zero expectations.
Chatted to some away fans on the way to the ground ...zero expectations.
1-0 down inside 5 mins..zero expectations.

Fck me what a turn up.  Hurst fantastic choice of formation, set up shape. Players in every single position better than their opposite number. Superb effort, performance, shift etc.

Can't heap enough plaudits onto the team today.

#magicofthecup

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 69
heppy88
November 5, 2022, 7:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Apart from the first five minutes, a totally one sided affair. For 40 minutes of the first half Town were outstanding. One of the standout performances of my 35 years supporting The Mariners. At times we tore them apart and Clifton was key to this (There will be managers higher up the leagues taking note). When teams allow us to play with freedom and on the deck, we take some beating. Its when teams close up shop and try to stifle our football, that we seem to struggle. After the third goal Plymouth looked shell shocked and capitulated. Town played like a team possessed. So, so proud of the team today. Also great support, after a couple of disappointing results and personal finances as they are, great to see a good crowd. Loyalty rewarded with a day to remember. UTMM!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 69
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 5, 2022, 7:29pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,765
Gold Stars: 81
Probably our best performance of the season and at the time of posting not even one full page of comments. Three of our goals were sublime for different reasons and in all honesty we could have scored eight if not for goal line clearances and a few wrong choices in great attacking positions.

Never been Clifton’s biggest fan but today he was superb and showed that playing him on the right hand side where he can naturally play passes and crosses is the way forward.

Great entertainment great result and hopefully Sheffield Wednesday next round.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 69
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.