Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Derby Sack Manager, Rotherham Gaffer favourite....
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 139 Guests

Derby Sack Manager, Rotherham Gaffer favourite....

This thread currently has 36,390 views. Print
27 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... Next All Recommend Thread
jimgtfc
September 22, 2022, 5:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,101
Gold Stars: 45
Doesn’t it speak volumes of the excellent job he’s done here that he’s being linked with a championship club, ex player or not. Would anyone have thought this link possible 12 to 18 months ago?

Well done Paul, and keep it up!

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 266
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
September 22, 2022, 5:09pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
Neil Yardley is the man we require to maintain our March to league 1

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 266
pontoonlew
September 22, 2022, 5:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from LH

Carl Magnay for me if Hurst goes.

A shame to see red crosses for such an excellent nod to Fishy Folklore
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 266
FPVmariner
September 22, 2022, 5:13pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 23
Neil Yardley is the man we require to maintain our March to league 1

What is the basis for this.  He’s at a club who have plenty of cash due to selling land to Jaguar Landrover, he lost out in the playoffs last season.  What else is on his CV?
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 266
Barrattstander
September 22, 2022, 5:15pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +875
Gold Stars: 14
Rob Scott remains as head of recruitment at Rotherham.......wonder if he has any say on the appointment of a new manager....could be awkward.

62 Seasons following the Mariners from the Barrett Stand side.(apart from 2020-21)
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DL2SD1UW4AAfaOx.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 266
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
September 22, 2022, 5:20pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from FPVmariner

What is the basis for this.  He’s at a club who have plenty of cash due to selling land to Jaguar Landrover, he lost out in the playoffs last season.  What else is on his CV?

He took Wimbledon to League 1 via the play offs in 2015-16 with no dough

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 266
sydney
September 22, 2022, 5:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
If PH goes, let’s hope we make a better fist this time of selecting a new candidate
I would have hoped that what we are building here has more promise for him than keeping Rotherham from been Bi - Annually relegated
Think Long Term PH as you have fallen for the lure of LG1 and Championship B4 and it didn’t quite work out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 266
Tommy
September 22, 2022, 5:36pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
I'd be a little more worried if it was Sheffield Wednesday who were looking for a new boss. PH may have a history at Rotherham but he's a Wednesday fan.

That said, in the interview clip posted in this thread Hurst is very careful with his words doesn't rule it out. My reading between the lines interpretation is that he won't be applying for it, but if they approached him he'd consider it. Which in my eyes is fair enough. He could end up speaking to them and choosing to stay here, in the knowledge that he has control over everything on the football side here and has owners who have complete trust/faith in him (and as last season showed, won't sack him if we go through a very poor run of form).

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 266
Rodley Mariner
September 22, 2022, 5:41pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Tommy
I'd be a little more worried if it was Sheffield Wednesday who were looking for a new boss. PH may have a history at Rotherham but he's a Wednesday fan.

That said, in the interview clip posted in this thread Hurst is very careful with his words doesn't rule it out. My reading between the lines interpretation is that he won't be applying for it, but if they approached him he'd consider it. Which in my eyes is fair enough. He could end up speaking to them and choosing to stay here, in the knowledge that he has control over everything on the football side here and has owners who have complete trust/faith in him (and as last season showed, won't sack him if we go through a very poor run of form).

The other thing is you can understand somebody looking at Wednesday and thinking 'I should be able to take them higher'. You've got to have some real inner belief to look at Rotherham, in 8th place in the Championship, and think 'I can take them higher'.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 266
HistonMariner
September 22, 2022, 5:47pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +558
Gold Stars: 13
Hope, seriously hope Hurst stays to finish the job which his well assembled squad I think could just
get us a little further.  After which his stock would rocket.

If, and I repeat if it does happen, I would be quite content with Anthony Limbrick - if for no other reason that Hollowhead threw him under the bus. Really nice guy who pulled the dressing room round after Jolley and has done well at All Saints.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 129 - 266
27 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Derby Sack Manager, Rotherham Gaffer favourite....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.