October 26, 2022, 11:11am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,048
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from ska face

Will he fúck. By who?!

The Tory party are clinging on for dear life so nobody’s interested in rocking that particular boat, and the mainstream press have spent the last 2 days manufacturing the idea that Sunak represents something in the way of stability and “grown up politics”.

Trust me. I was the only one on here that said straight away that the Chris Pincher scandal would finish Johnson.

There will be massive scrutiny in the re-appointment of Braverman. It will have to go to the cabinet office and the evidence against Braverman is damning and her version of events at the time were clearly dishonest. She’s an absolute disgrace.

The “more moderate” types of the Tory MPs who like to call themselves “one nation conservatives” will put him under massive pressure and Sunak will have to sack her.

It appears he has been forced into this by Braverman threatening to back Johnson if Sunak didn’t promise her the Home Office. It makes him look extremely weak before he’s even started the job.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 400 - 418
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
October 26, 2022, 11:27am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,831
Gold Stars: 555
The Government are delaying the 31 Oct fiscal statement announcement by two weeks so Sunak can get ‘under the bonnet’ of the nations finances.

The only time that guy has ever looked under a bonnet is when he opened up the back of his mate’s Porsche 911 thinking that’s where the boot was.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 401 - 418
aldi_01
October 26, 2022, 12:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
The Government are delaying the 31 Oct fiscal statement announcement by two weeks so Sunak can get ‘under the bonnet’ of the nations finances.

The only time that guy has ever looked under a bonnet is when he opened up the back of his mate’s Porsche 911 thinking that’s where the boot was.

It’s just more nonsense spouted by over paid folk in jobs they’re incapable of doing…he’s been the flipping chancellor…if he needs to get under the bonnet to figure stuff out he’s just admitting that he’s useless.

The fact he reappointed Braverman means he’s copulated

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 402 - 418
GollyGTFC
October 26, 2022, 1:14pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,048
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from aldi_01

It’s just more nonsense spouted by over paid folk in jobs they’re incapable of doing…he’s been the flipping chancellor…if he needs to get under the bonnet to figure stuff out he’s just admitting that he’s useless.

The fact he reappointed Braverman means he’s copulated

Yeah, totally agree. Sunak is finished before he’s even started.

The true facts around what Suella Braverman did are in the public domain thanks to the Times.

Sunak has gambled that he couldn’t be PM without Braverman’s backing. But by doing so his own reputation is in tatters and this will ultimately finish him off and lead to the collapse of the Tory adminstration.

And don’t get me started on him trotting out Boris Johnson’s deranged greatest hits at PMQs.

Braverman will be gone by PMQs next week. They’ll obviously try and dress it up as a resignation because she has become a distraction. But we all know the truth.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 403 - 418
diehardmariner
October 26, 2022, 1:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
The Pincher scandal was one of many, many things that contributed towards the downfall of Johnson.  Considering the Tory party failed consistently to uphold ethics and standards, I'm not sure there's much weight in their sudden u-turn on morals when it became convenient.

The tide was turning against Johnson, by-election defeats meant the writing was on the wall and as thick as they are the MP's could see where it was heading.  They used it as a means to get rid of Johnson in order to try and save their own skins.

The decision to re-appoint Braverman is absolutely disgraceful.  But if it proves to be on that will bite Sunak depends on how the public react to it, or more importantly how the MP's feel it will impact on their ability to stay in power.  At the minute he's getting a free ride, largely because he's 'new' and just how terrible Truss was on everything.

I don't believe, but I would like to be wrong, that Braverman's return to Government will be the start of the end for him.  I think that happens when the public masses get a stark reality check how hard this winter is going to be.
Private Message
Reply: 404 - 418
chaos33
October 26, 2022, 2:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,984
Gold Stars: 361

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 405 - 418
ginnywings
October 26, 2022, 4:00pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Yvette Cooper comes across so well in that clip. She is lucid, intelligent and forthright, unlike anyone we have seen from the Tories lately.

The stick insect Braverman is a disgusting human being who is there to keep up a culture war and distract from the coming austerity. She will do and say things that get reported in the press and give the cretins something to gnash their teeth about. Immigration will be back to the fore.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 406 - 418
Manchester Mariner
October 26, 2022, 4:15pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,822
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from diehardmariner

I don't believe, but I would like to be wrong, that Braverman's return to Government will be the start of the end for him.  I think that happens when the public masses get a stark reality check how hard this winter is going to be.

I reckon this delayed budget has the potential to really engulf the government and restart the infighting, especially if the pension triple lock is cut. That'll absolutely enrage the tory core support base.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 407 - 418
OddShapedBalls
October 26, 2022, 4:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.02
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 40
More like they need an extra 2 weeks to shift personal money into the companies that are going to go up in value when the budget comes out, and remove money from the ones that will lose out.  Allegedly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 408 - 418
aldi_01
October 26, 2022, 10:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from OddShapedBalls
More like they need an extra 2 weeks to shift personal money into the companies that are going to go up in value when the budget comes out, and remove money from the ones that will lose out.  Allegedly.

You mean like Bravermans mate working as an unofficial advisor at the Home Office? Ya know, profiteering from the insider knowledge he’s been getting access to but shouldn’t have…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 409 - 418
42 Pages Prev ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.