aldi_01
May 20, 2022, 10:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from rancido

Except he will not spend 6 months in prison. Probably 2 months and then out on licence. It's a joke. All prison sentences under 2years should be full term.

You’d need to significantly overhaul a system nobody cares about…

Then if they released those serving sentences way over tariff, you’d then potentially have the space…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 84
Grimal
May 20, 2022, 11:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Poojah

He has. 6 months in prison.

Nowhere near long enough for an attack like that.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 84
aldi_01
May 21, 2022, 6:52am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Grimal

Nowhere near long enough for an attack like that.

If you did the same thing in the street to a random stranger you’d be unfortunate to get a prison sentence at all…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 84
pen penfras
May 21, 2022, 9:07am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from aldi_01

If you did the same thing in the street to a random stranger you’d be unfortunate to get a prison sentence at all…

I agree, this talk of it being a lenient sentence confuses me. Stuff like that and worse happens all the time with people not getting time. I know of a guy that beat somebody up badly, was on top of him on the floor literally punching his head in, all in front of a police officer. He pleaded guilty and got a couple of months community service.

I'm much more annoyed at the lenient sentencing towards rapists, murderers and nonces that ruin people's lives forever and get hardly any punishment in relation to the damage caused.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 84
aldi_01
May 21, 2022, 5:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from pen penfras

I agree, this talk of it being a lenient sentence confuses me. Stuff like that and worse happens all the time with people not getting time. I know of a guy that beat somebody up badly, was on top of him on the floor literally punching his head in, all in front of a police officer. He pleaded guilty and got a couple of months community service.

I'm much more annoyed at the lenient sentencing towards rapists, murderers and nonces that ruin people's lives forever and get hardly any punishment in relation to the damage caused.

We don’t always agree but on this I’m inclined to agree. 100% had this happened literally anywhere else in any other context the guy doesn’t get a jail sentence…not saying that right but it wouldn’t happen.

As you say, there’s far worse examples of folk doing things far worse and not even getting a prison sentence. A friend got jumped, completely unprovoked spent a week in ITU, the person that did was found and sentenced…got 12 weeks…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 84
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Billy Sharp

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.