Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Johnson & Sunak
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 26 Guests

Johnson & Sunak

This thread currently has 14,975 views. Print
36 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... Next All Recommend Thread
DB
July 7, 2022, 3:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.32
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,072
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from ska face

2010 - abstained, no pro-austerity party gets my vote
2015 - chaos with Ed Miliband
2017 - National Investment Fund & renationalisation of water, rail & mail
2019 - National Care Service, end homelessness & green industrial revolution

I’ll be able to look my kids in the face and say I did the right thing. Voting for this mob should haunt people to the grave.

So you said of me "Looking at your voting record, maybe you’d be best advised to abstain in the next GE, considering you’ve voted to absolutely fúck the country and it’s inhabitants (and even those as far away as Iraq) for nigh on 40 years."

I choose to vote at every GE because history tells me that ordinary people fought and, some died so that we peasants can have a choice at a general election. To me not voting as you did in 2010 disrespects those people and also means that for 5 years you had no right to complain, as you abused your option to vote.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 220 - 356
LH
July 7, 2022, 5:22am

Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,636
Gold Stars: 179
They also died so people can make their democratic choice not to vote if they don’t want to.
Private Message
Reply: 221 - 356
aldi_01
July 7, 2022, 6:43am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Surely people died so we have the right to choose? They didn’t die so we then had to vote?

I always remember a very elderly relatively short lost brothers in the war that my right to choose was what mattered, and to stand up and make sure I was proud of my decisions. If that meant not voting at all because neither option was any good then so be it.

I think a more interesting view is looking in to the voting records of those who’ve resigned. They’ve all quoted integrity and ethos yet none of the have any…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 222 - 356
promotion plaice
July 7, 2022, 7:31am

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,088
Gold Stars: 201

Bad news for Labour if Boris does go and it's looking like he will now.

The new Tory leader won't be carrying any of Boris's baggage.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 223 - 356
Maringer
July 7, 2022, 8:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,761
Gold Stars: 189
The new Tory leader will inherit everything the Tories have done over the past 12 years. Shitshow after shitshow, so I'd hope that any attempt to pretend there is some sort of a reset and a new leaf has been turned will be laughed away. Of course, you can guarantee that the right-wing media barons will be as devious and dishonest in support as always so no doubt a lot of the electorate will continue to be hoodwinked. They'll try to blame everything that has gone wrong on Johnson though his enablers are still running the party.

All the candidates for Tory leadership are remarkably untalented politicians or have records which ought to prove they simply aren't capable. Unfortunately, Starmer is an untalented politician as well and I wouldn't trust him any more than any of the Tories at present. I still hope for a hung parliament next time around and a proper go at electoral reform so we can join the grown ups in other countries with a representative electoral system.

I live in Clee and sincerely hope that the stuffed shirt that is Martin Vickers is booted out at the next election. If that means voting LibDem, I'll just have to pinch my nose and go that way this time, even though they are barely to the left of the Tories.

Even if we managed to get PR implemented, it will take some years for the many rotten apples in all parties to be shaken out of the system. No doubt, more will appear, but hopefully not to the same degree.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 224 - 356
mariner91
July 7, 2022, 8:35am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,866
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from promotion plaice

Right. It's not as though they've been in power for the last 12 years is it? I wish we'd had chaos with Ed Miliband.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 225 - 356
codcheeky
July 7, 2022, 8:36am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,263
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from promotion plaice

They will pretend they haven’t backed him time and time again, even though all of them knew what Johnson was like.
But as you say bad news for Labour, the Tory press will conveniently forget how they have backed Johnson.  Whoever  does replace him will get a bounce of relief in the polls. However the country is in a dire situation, high inflation, rising interest rates and fuel and food prices, the NHS has massive waiting lists again.  Strikes looking likely across a lot of industries, a potential labour shortage and the fallout from  Johnson’s crappy Oven ready Brexit. The National debt is massive, nearly three times it was in 2010 and a much higher percentage of GDP
Whoever comes in will have the baggage of 12 years of Tory government in which loads of people especially in the public services have got relatively poorer and poorer, and watching this shitshow shows what a shower this lot are,
Private Message
Reply: 226 - 356
DB
July 7, 2022, 8:55am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.32
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,072
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from aldi_01
Surely people died so we have the right to choose? They didn’t die so we then had to vote?

I always remember a very elderly relatively short lost brothers in the war that my right to choose was what mattered, and to stand up and make sure I was proud of my decisions. If that meant not voting at all because neither option was any good then so be it.

I think a more interesting view is looking in to the voting records of those who’ve resigned. They’ve all quoted integrity and ethos yet none of the have any…

I tend to agree with this, but if nobody votes then who governs?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 227 - 356
GollyGTFC
July 7, 2022, 9:15am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,948
Gold Stars: 372
Finally!!!

Boris has quit.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 228 - 356
Hagrid
July 7, 2022, 9:18am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,530
Gold Stars: 547
good

Now intercourse off Lia Nici and the rest of them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 229 - 356
36 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Johnson & Sunak

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.