rancido
April 2, 2022, 8:31am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,617
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from aldi_01
My understanding is that the guy that owns Stockport is very much a county fan and whilst they’re spending big time get out of this out of a league, I’m not sure he’ll be going anywhere too soon.

You’d imagine for all the spending and natural excitement surrounding the club at the minute, county fans remember the not too distant past…

Of all the clubs being bankrolled in this league to have a concern about it’s probably Wrexham, I’m baffled as to what is going on there other than some play thing…

I seem to recall that The Leech was very much a town fan but is no longer on the scene. But until he's had his "pound of flesh" his stench will still pervade the BP atmosphere.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 24
Heisenberg
April 2, 2022, 8:33am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from GollyGTFC

If I were you I would avoid our 2021-22 accounts when they are released next winter.

I just find it bizarre that so many Town fans obsess about "sugar daddy" owned clubs and talk about sustainability when we ourselves have owners that have and will continue to spend far beyond our means.

But I guess Stockport or whoever else are just shamelessly buying success whilst our owners are nobly investing in the future.

I still don’t get this statement by stockwood that we’ll post a loss. The income from gate receipts is clearly higher than they anticipated, yet where is the huge infrastructure investment we talk about? A lick of paint and a new glass handrail?

I’m not saying they’re not going to invest, I trust them, but until we have a new training ground (not polishing a turd) then I can’t see they’ve broken the bank quite yet.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 24
HertsGTFC
April 2, 2022, 8:51am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
A thread in the best traditions of the Fishy, posters citing other clubs perceived mis management and spending beyond their means as the only reason for success. When actually I’d suspect they’re quite envious.

Others having a pop at each other for having a different view or not liking the tone of the game post.

I know Stockport have spent big this season but they do get good gates are backed by what appears to be good people, until we see their numbers for this year we’ll not be able to understand they’re sustainability.

Generally whatever Division you’re in you have to spend more on players and wages to get promoted, there are exceptions like yo-yo clubs or those who have a late season run but in this league at the moment for a season or two we need to get the likes of Stockport, Wrexham and Chesterfield out of the way to level the playing field. You would imagine that at least 1 of the clubs relegated from league 2 won’t be spending big next season 🤔

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 24
scrumble
April 2, 2022, 9:35am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +986
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from aldi_01

Of all the clubs being bankrolled in this league to have a concern about it’s probably Wrexham, I’m baffled as to what is going on there other than some play thing…

I don't think Wrexham are bank rolled as much as you'd think. Just having Reynolds name attached has attracted big sponsorship deals and a TV series.

Wrexham and Stockport have a fan base to work with. If they make back in to the league they can survive on their own. Its clubs like FGR that get me. Barely any fans, based in a village with a population less than our average attendance. Take the owners money away and they fold almost straight away

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 24
GollyGTFC
April 3, 2022, 4:40pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,048
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from Heisenberg

I still don’t get this statement by stockwood that we’ll post a loss. The income from gate receipts is clearly higher than they anticipated, yet where is the huge infrastructure investment we talk about? A lick of paint and a new glass handrail?

I’m not saying they’re not going to invest, I trust them, but until we have a new training ground (not polishing a turd) then I can’t see they’ve broken the bank quite yet.

When the 20/21 accounts were published 1878 Partners said they had put in £1.125 million on top of the purchase of the club. So expect a loss in that region.

We’ve lost around £600,000 in Premier League solidarity payments with relegation and our wage bill has been significantly increased (both playing and non-playing).

Add to that the investment in new pitches at BP and Cheapside, installing sprinklers at BP, general training ground improvements, the new glass barrier in the Upper, removing the old scoreboard posts, replacing the Main Stand roof advertisement board frames and all the other little jobs that have been done and we are going to make a massive loss this season.

And if we’re not promoted our parachute payment is halved next season, so that’s another £225,000 of income gone. And the following season it would be the whole £450,000 gone.

Stockwood and Pettit are bankrolling the club. There can be no other way of looking at it.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 14 - 24
Heisenberg
April 3, 2022, 4:44pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from GollyGTFC

When the 20/21 accounts were published 1878 Partners said they had put in £1.125 million on top of the purchase of the club. So expect a loss in that region.

We’ve lost around £600,000 in Premier League solidarity payments with relegation and our wage bill has been significantly increased (both playing and non-playing).

Add to that the investment in new pitches at BP and Cheapside, installing sprinklers at BP, general training ground improvements, the new glass barrier in the Upper, removing the old scoreboard posts, replacing the Main Stand roof advertisement board frames and all the other little jobs that have been done and we are going to make a massive loss this season.

And if we’re not promoted our parachute payment is halved next season, so that’s another £225,000 of income gone. And the following season it would be the whole £450,000 gone.

Stockwood and Pettit are bankrolling the club. There can be no other way of looking at it.

That is interesting, thanks for the details.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 24
KingstonMariner
April 3, 2022, 7:05pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from HertsGTFC
A thread in the best traditions of the Fishy, posters citing other clubs perceived mis management and spending beyond their means as the only reason for success. When actually I’d suspect they’re quite envious.

Others having a pop at each other for having a different view or not liking the tone of the game post.

I know Stockport have spent big this season but they do get good gates are backed by what appears to be good people, until we see their numbers for this year we’ll not be able to understand they’re sustainability.

Generally whatever Division you’re in you have to spend more on players and wages to get promoted, there are exceptions like yo-yo clubs or those who have a late season run but in this league at the moment for a season or two we need to get the likes of Stockport, Wrexham and Chesterfield out of the way to level the playing field. You would imagine that at least 1 of the clubs relegated from league 2 won’t be spending big next season 🤔

For fûck’s sake Herts I posed a question in the OP and made no judgment. Golly then goes off on one in his superior ‘I can do sums’ way. I said nothing about mismanagement. And I commented that Stockport’s owner had actually turned his loan into equity.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 24
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
April 3, 2022, 7:22pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from scrumble

I don't think Wrexham are bank rolled as much as you'd think. Just having Reynolds name attached has attracted big sponsorship deals and a TV series.

Wrexham and Stockport have a fan base to work with. If they make back in to the league they can survive on their own. Its clubs like FGR that get me. Barely any fans, based in a village with a population less than our average attendance. Take the owners money away and they fold almost straight away

See Rushden & Diamonds

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 24
GollyGTFC
April 3, 2022, 7:23pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,048
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from KingstonMariner

For fûck’s sake Herts I posed a question in the OP and made no judgment. Golly then goes off on one in his superior ‘I can do sums’ way. I said nothing about mismanagement. And I commented that Stockport’s owner had actually turned his loan into equity.

I would like to apologise for having achieved an A grade in my Maths GCSE in 1997 and for subsequently getting a B grade in A-Level Maths in 1999. Both were achieved at the Grammar School I attended after passing my 11+ in 1992.

That superior enough?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 18 - 24
Hagrid
April 3, 2022, 7:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I would like to apologise for having achieved an A grade in my Maths GCSE in 1997 and for subsequently getting a B grade in A-Level Maths in 1999. Both were achieved at the Grammar School I attended after passing my 11+ in 1992.

That superior enough?

I was 2 when you got your GCSE

Just wanted to make you feel old😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stockport financial statement

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.