3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
It Bites
March 17, 2022, 8:12am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,257
Gold Stars: 266
So it's now becoming obvious that there are a small group of grown adults and possible ex club employees that are constantly digging for something to destabilise the club . The only voice they have is this forum . I now feel the time has come to delete these accounts as they serve no purpose whatsoever. Plenty of posts of been removed from here for far less so moderator are you with the current owners and the club or are you against it ?
Private Message
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
March 17, 2022, 8:14am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
They get shouted down and red crossed to death, I dont think deleting anyone is necessary
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 28
pizzzza
March 17, 2022, 8:31am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
They get shouted down and red crossed to death, I dont think deleting anyone is necessary

True, but it is getting boring now. If your gonna create an account on here and your very first post is to post unfounded rumours about a player's personal life then that account should be deleted IMHO, clearly trolling
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 28
jamesgtfc
March 17, 2022, 8:51am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
I notice that our latest troll created their account in January which is the same month the Twitter account posting videos was created. I suspect the incident was in January as I'm sure he was out injured at the time which may explain how he happened to be in Manchester on a Sunday night.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 28
Kris2
March 17, 2022, 12:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Has anything really changed? There have always been concern trolls that try to stir up problems on the forum, it's just now they've found themselves a new angle. The same trolls were probably complaining about the last regime, the management, players or whatever before to exacerbate fan worries and anger when things aren't going well. The new owners and the changes they are making at the club are the new target in a long line of stirring up trouble by acting like concerned fans.

I watched a pretty fun documentary on Amazon about Leeds just recently where they follow the club and fans over a season, the background of fans and how passionate they are about the club reminded me of GTFC along with a new owner bringing in new people and enacting positive changes, backing management with what they need and so on after years of decline and mismanagement the fans suffered through. Unfortunately a passionate fanbase is often taken advantage of by people who get enjoyment from whipping people into a frenzy over a non-issue by making it seem like there are problems.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 28
HerveJosse
March 17, 2022, 9:36pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from It Bites
So it's now becoming obvious that there are a small group of grown adults and possible ex club employees that are constantly digging for something to destabilise the club . The only voice they have is this forum . I now feel the time has come to delete these accounts as they serve no purpose whatsoever. Plenty of posts of been removed from here for far less so moderator are you with the current owners and the club or are you against it ?

Why not go the whole Putin and propose a 15 year jail sentence for dissenting views on here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 28
GrimRob
March 17, 2022, 9:57pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
They are not exactly succeeding, are they? Do we really want to have a Maoist purge of individuals thought to be not fully supportive of the party line? If anything that gives them credence. They are few in number and garnish little support among the Fishy's ranks.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 28
It Bites
March 18, 2022, 7:16am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob
They are not exactly succeeding, are they? Do we really want to have a Maoist purge of individuals thought to be not fully supportive of the party line? If anything that gives them credence. They are few in number and garnish little support among the Fishy's ranks.

I actually agree matey . I think I was just trying to highlight the sad little individuals who are doing it as The Fishy is their only voice  . It's not as if they are going to break cover is it . I suppose it will be a whole lot funnier to let them carry on and when "someone" accidentally breaks their cover then at least they'll be the headline makers
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 28
MuddyWaters
March 18, 2022, 7:26am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Is it wrong for people to have differing opinions?

JS has said himself that the board are learning about running a football club and no one ever gets everything right. If someone says something you don’t like, you voice a counter opinion. That’s what forums are for.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 28
It Bites
March 18, 2022, 7:28am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Is it wrong for people to have differing opinions?

JS has said himself that the board are learning about running a football club and no one ever gets everything right. If someone says something you don’t like, you voice a counter opinion. That’s what forums are for.

I totally agree but they don't come on here with opinions, they come on here with accusations
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 28
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Agenda

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.