Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Jason Stockwood (Guardian)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 32 Guests

Jason Stockwood (Guardian)

This thread currently has 5,622 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
louth_in_the_south
October 12, 2021, 2:53pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 96
I wonder what the Yemeni people think of the country that supplies Saudi with a large proportion of the weapons that blow them to bits ?

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 45
TuckerJenkins
October 12, 2021, 3:20pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +67
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
I wonder what the Yemeni people think of the country that supplies Saudi with a large proportion of the weapons that blow them to bits ?

They are probably more interested in getting 3 points on a Saturday afternoon.

Flippin' 'eck Tucker!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 45
HerveJosse
October 12, 2021, 11:36pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,205
Gold Stars: 144
I think that all this thread shows is that mixing sport and politics is unlikely to generate peace and harmony
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 45
KingstonMariner
October 12, 2021, 11:45pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from HerveJosse
I think that all this thread shows is that mixing sport and politics is unlikely to generate peace and harmony

It’s impossible to separate the two. Whatever line you take is political. Even if it is to ‘keep politics out of sport’, you are, whether you intend to or not, taking a stance which effectively says ‘whatever is going on now is permissible’. So dodgy billionaires or murderous regimes are allowed because that’s what we have owning football clubs in this country.

The very idea of sport is political when it comes down to it.

Personally, I think something more like the German model would be the thing.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 45
DB
October 13, 2021, 5:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.44
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,048
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from KingstonMariner

It’s impossible to separate the two. Whatever line you take is political. Even if it is to ‘keep politics out of sport’, you are, whether you intend to or not, taking a stance which effectively says ‘whatever is going on now is permissible’. So dodgy billionaires or murderous regimes are allowed because that’s what we have owning football clubs in this country.

The very idea of sport is political when it comes down to it.

Personally, I think something more like the German model would be the thing.

Is that:-

A/  Heidi Klum

or

B/ Claudia Schiffer

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 45
aldi_01
October 13, 2021, 5:59am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Humbercod

The word racism is a well known weapon of choice for the hard left sadly when seeking to close debate!
Interesting that you picked me up on an a mild accusation whilst defending myself, so you must think it’s ok to label someone a racist, based on what? I will tell you…. I along with many many black people do not subscribe to the BLM propaganda and question their true motives.

I have never confused BLM with taking the knee this it s just a convenient excuse, when the facts our players where taking the knee in support of the BLM movement at the time of the American riots, they even had the logo on their shirts for Christ sake! Marcus Rashfords image was used on the BLM website in full kneeling black power salute pose, so don’t try and tell it’s got nothing to do with BLM.

And for the record I do not boo the kneeling more out of respect for the current owners than anything else, and if truth be told I think many people would be happy to see it stop as it achieves absolutely nothing and are just grinning and bearing it for the good of the club.

I’m with Stockwood wanting to take the game forward introducing stress tests etc, but did he really question the legitimacy of the takeover? Because I don’t think he went far enough and I hate to say it and it’s only my view but he came across as just another rich capitalist business man virtual signalling in the Guardian, think about it and change the article name to John Fenty and all the red crosses I’m going to get would turn into green ticks 😀

I would love him to come out and say GTFC do not support this and we will not support the World Cup this year in a country that in his own words …has issues with the attitude towards women in their own country, the violations in Yemen or the killings of Journalists, I think he was being conservative!

This is a bit confusing…

Ironically, people opposed to taking the knee claim it’s having little affect yet here we are again discussing the abhorrent racism in society and exposing folk with flimsy reasons for not wanting to support BLM or taking the knee…

I take your point about Stockwood stopping short but when it’s very clear that the Saudi government/royal family/dictatorship have so much control globally and we’re petrified of them, he’s said just enough without being summoned to some ‘special meeting’. It’s already been made clear that our own urine weak government essentially got involved and told the FA not to dig too much. We live in a country where the rich and powerful do what they want (I notice the Met aren’t investigating the queens precious little nonce)…christ, although he behaves like he’s Bezos, we’ve had our own power mad ‘rich’ idiot ruining our club for 17 years or more…

It is impossible to separate politics and sport, they’re intrinsically linked and it kinda makes sense…interesting that hooliganism was rife in the 80s under a regime that was certainly oppressive for many…tailed off in the mid to late 90s but is seemingly making a comeback of some kind…

Building stadiums, picking club sponsors, buying and selling of players, cash, ethical implications and so forth…all politics.

Naive to say the two shouldn’t be discussed in tandem…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 45
KingstonMariner
October 13, 2021, 12:21pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from DB

Is that:-

A/  Heidi Klum

or

B/ Claudia Schiffer

I think I need to spend more time investigating that question.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 45
chaos33
October 13, 2021, 12:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,984
Gold Stars: 361
Are we to take it that ‘although many black people don’t support BLM’ Humbercod can’t actually provide any examples?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 45
KingstonMariner
October 13, 2021, 7:23pm
Meths Drinker
Maybe he’s codding

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 45
Chrisblor
October 14, 2021, 12:25pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,946
Gold Stars: 239
Quoted from chaos33
Are we to take it that ‘although many black people don’t support BLM’ Humbercod can’t actually provide any examples?

He'll probably rock up shortly going 'look Candace Owens says it's bad and wrong', neglecting to mention she's an enormous grifter and deliberately fires out controversial conservative takes in return for exposure and money.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Jason Stockwood (Guardian)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.