Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Jason Stockwood (Guardian)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 34 Guests

Jason Stockwood (Guardian)

This thread currently has 5,623 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
BobbyCummingsTackle
October 11, 2021, 4:42pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,300
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from Humbercod

No contradiction at all  BLM cause nothing but division and discrimination.

You are right. Any mention of BLM allows all the gammons to spew forth their bile and bullsh*t about an attempt to highlight endemic racial inequality.

1100 Grimsby fans at Woking, about 1090 clapping the players taking a knee.

And don't bother replying about the BLM being Marxist; we live in a country with empty shop shelves and queues for fuel, hyper inflation of energy prices, the military delivering essentials and a rich elite who exist to enrich themselves and others like them. Britain is like Venezuela or Cuba without any vestige of Marxism.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 45
Roast Em Bobby
October 11, 2021, 5:30pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,723
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Humbercod

Firstly, they don’t take the knee for BLM, they take it as a stand against all forms of discrimination.

Secondly, there would be no such thing as a BLM if there hadn’t been centuries of systemic racism against black people.

You choose to acknowledge that suffragettes had a worthy cause, but fail to acknowledge, and indeed mock, that black people also have.

That is the contradiction, and makes it fairly obvious that you are a racist.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 45
Poojah
October 11, 2021, 5:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,672
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from RichMariner
Stockwood gets coverage in a well-read national newspaper. The cumulative effect of all these articles he writes - in which he always talks about the town of Grimsby, as well as the football club - contributes to the overall effort to improve not just the town but the perception of the town.

This is an important point; the perception of Grimsby and the wider area is way worse than the area itself, in my opinion. I've often thought the name itself doesn't help; perhaps we should consider changing it to 'Niceby' or something similar.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 45
Chrisblor
October 11, 2021, 5:44pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,946
Gold Stars: 239
Quoted from Humbercod

lmao m8 i know you've got about two brain cells but surely your eyes and ears have noticed the vast vast vast majority of everyone in attendance at town's matches this season supporting the players' decision to take the knee before kickoff?

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 45
DB
October 11, 2021, 5:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.44
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,048
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from Poojah

This is an important point; the perception of Grimsby and the wider area is way worse than the area itself, in my opinion. I've often thought the name itself doesn't help; perhaps we should consider changing it to 'Niceby' or something similar.

Winsby

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 45
pen penfras
October 11, 2021, 7:11pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71

we live in a country with empty shop shelves and queues for fuel, hyper inflation of energy prices, the military delivering essentials

No we don't. And that fact that you think that shows how lucky and sheltered we are in this country.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 45
moosey_club
October 11, 2021, 8:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
The end of the phone call he had tonight on Humberside spoke volumes also, a very simple "thank you for your time" extended to Matt Dean.
A gent.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 45
Humbercod
October 11, 2021, 8:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,488
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

Firstly, they don’t take the knee for BLM, they take it as a stand against all forms of discrimination.

Secondly, there would be no such thing as a BLM if there hadn’t been centuries of systemic racism against black people.

You choose to acknowledge that suffragettes had a worthy cause, but fail to acknowledge, and indeed mock, that black people also have.

That’s is the contradiction, and makes it fairly obvious that you are a racist.

I will take your cowardly unsubstantiated attack on me as a badge of honour! You epitomise everything that is wrong with today’s nasty far left. I happen to just disagree with you, like many famous outspoken black people….. are they racist?

I will let you read this site’s information on the defamation act before deleting your post!
What I won’t let you do is close down an honest debate with vile accusations you can’t and will never back up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 45
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 12, 2021, 6:33am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,948
Gold Stars: 180
A brilliant article (Thankyou for the c&p) and An interview with Radio Humberside without a ‘shut up’ in earshot! Anyone would think normality and sincerity is prevalent in the boardroom.

I like the fact JS likes the fan involvement in the club and takes no credit for the seamless bond between the board, management/squad, supporters and staff that himself and Ap have created. Ze Germans have set the blueprint for fan owned clubs and I think it’s an ethos that should be implemented by all teams in the top 4 divisions (https://www.bundesliga.com/en/.....explained-466583.jsp). The 50+1 rule basically means that no Russian oligarch, Saudi oil baron, Columbian talc salesman or convicted fraudster will never be able to own the majority share and that the club stays right where it should be. In the heart of the community.  

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 45
EvilFish
October 12, 2021, 11:29am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +597
Gold Stars: 52
*****ABUSIVE POST REMOVED****
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Jason Stockwood (Guardian)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.