Rick12
September 7, 2021, 11:38am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Strangely enough a yt at the club since been released said to my lad he was arrogant as feck , maybe true maybe not but he spoke very highly of Clifton and Wright
That surprises me. I always go on how I find people and not on gossip though . I've spoken to Ira Jackson Jr via social media a few times and always found him forthcoming and warm.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 66
BottesfordMariner
September 7, 2021, 11:44am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
I dont see the reason to trash the player. Last year most of the players were poor and not good enough hence our relegation. Considering he never got a run of games and was in (and mostly out of) a struggling team i think it would be reasonable to conclude we didnt really get to see what he could do.

With his lack of playing time i am in awe that some of you are so knowledgable you can make an assessment that he was simply shite. End of.

Personally i though he showed some glimpses that there could have been a player who may have contributed at this level. Hurst saw him in training though and we have to  trust his judgement he wasnt what we need.

It was a big step up for him to full time pro dont forget and it just didnt work out. I have heard nothing about being disruptive when he wasnt playing. Or any attitude problem. No need for some of the remarks made on here. I wish him well and wouldnt be a surprise to me if he ended up doing a decent job for someone at this level or perhaps National League North/South.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 66
Mendonca1995
September 7, 2021, 11:51am
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Sad to see Jackson go imo could’ve been one for the future but I believe Sousa is a better player and has had an instant impact the link up play with mcatee and efete Saturday was brilliant to watch and it came off best of ira in your next adventure UTM

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 66
MuddyWaters
September 7, 2021, 12:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Thought he got a bit of a rough deal but, if his football were as good as his social media, the he would probably be in the Prem
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 66
Grantley
September 7, 2021, 12:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,504
Gold Stars: 9
I get the feeling that he thinks that he’s better than he actually is. From his initial interview, he sounded ambitious which is obviously a good quality but I don’t think he has the ability to back it up. The fact he was rattling around the Isthmian leagues for years without settling before he signed for us has to say something. Good luck to him but I don’t think we’ll miss him personally.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 66
dapperz fun pub
September 7, 2021, 1:31pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,020
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from Rick12
That surprises me. I always go on how I find people and not on gossip though . I've spoken to Ira Jackson Jr via social media a few times and always found him forthcoming and warm.

The lad who said it mentioned other players who were extremely helpful and engaging with the younger lads and he was around him day to day for some period so not a off the cuff opinion , but he’s gone now so we all move on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 66
WOZOFGRIMSBY
September 7, 2021, 3:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,908
Gold Stars: 180
I blame it on the boogie

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 66
BobbyCummingsTackle
September 7, 2021, 3:41pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,300
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
I blame it on the boogie

Yes, he's out of my life.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 66
DB
September 7, 2021, 3:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Just wondered how many of ollways signing are still PLAYING for us, apart from those 2 sitting on their bums, also how many are still playing who started last season.

Macca, Harry, Max and 2 Lukes and then I can't think of any other 1st teamers.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 66
TAGG
September 7, 2021, 9:41pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,939
Gold Stars: 126
Good luck young bloke.
Always gave his all, appreciates and has respect for the fans.
Just not what the Manager wants.
Hope he get a club soon.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jackson gone

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.