KingstonMariner
August 13, 2021, 1:30pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Ah, the ‘I’m cleverer than you’ riposte.

What am I supposed to say. “Oh you’re so clever, that despite you knowing the club was on its uppers and loads needed to be spent on infrastructure, you didn’t draw the conclusion that there might not be enough money to spend on players like some clubs are doing.”

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 93
Mayaman
August 13, 2021, 1:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Vance Warner
The best thing the new owners can do is stay off social media and the fishy. I don’t expect us to go up this season not because I don’t have high expectations but because of the state we were in on and off the pitch a few months ago. My biggest fear is that a section of support will become increasingly unpleasant when we’re not at the top of the league. Anyone suggesting we need time will be called a happy clapper, Paul Hurst will be slated for playing anything other than 442 and the fishy will be quiet when we win and packed when we lose. Surely we’ve all seen enough failure now to have a bit of perspective.

Some Town fans are as bad as Barca's who wanted Bobby Robson out after winning the treble, because the team didn't "play football".  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 93
KingstonMariner
August 13, 2021, 1:55pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from pen penfras

Call it what you like, we hardly ever made a profit and the vast majority of our expenditure was on the playing budget.

4 of the last 5 years we made a profit. Average profit was £1/3m. The loss was about £36k in 2018.

The majority of the profit went to pay your mate off for losses sustained under his failed tenure. £694k of directors loans repaid.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 93
GollyGTFC
August 13, 2021, 2:15pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,049
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from toontown

Is it a full million? Is that half a mill solidarity payments from prem and half a mill TV money? We lose tye solidarity payments but keep our TV payments for this year and get half TV payments next year, is that right?

Yes.

The EFL TV deal & solidarity payments for L2 are roughly £1m a season.

The parachute payment is roughly £500,000 the first season & then £250,000 the second season.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 93 - 93
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › In today’s Grimsby Telegraph

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.