MuddyWaters
June 3, 2021, 11:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
I’m surprised hurst can’t get better than Pearson considering he’s done the rounds in different divisions since his first time here very underwhelming

‘Better than Pearson’? Better in what way? Better defender, better for the club, better in bed?

We need to build a team with leaders. A team with the right people wouldn’t have been relegated. A team that values the shirt, the club and the fans. Shaun Pearson isn’t the best footballer on the planet but we’ll struggle to find many who will give as much as he will.
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 141
jamesgtfc
June 4, 2021, 12:02am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,085
Gold Stars: 190
It's all about building a culture too. If Coke signs too, that's Pearson, Coke and LJL as three leaders right down the spine of the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 141
Town Monkey
June 4, 2021, 12:10am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +379
Gold Stars: 6
I have mixed views on this. As a person Pearson is exemplary. He’s also a fantastic defender. He’s exactly the sort of character I wish we’d had this year, particularly at the start of the season.

As a centre half to lead us back to the league I’ll reserve judgment. He’s whole hearted but limited on the ball. Has he progressed on that front in the intervening years? I’m delighted he’s back but we’ll need a good, quick, ball playing centre back with him and quick fullbacks to make us a championship winning side.

Overall, delighted he’s back but hopefully there’s more to come.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 141
Mayaman
June 4, 2021, 12:26am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,448
Gold Stars: 74
Pace isn't everything, look at Paul McGrath.  Before you say you can't compare McGrath and Pearson, there are three divisions between where we play and where McGrath played.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 141
Mayaman
June 4, 2021, 12:26am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,448
Gold Stars: 74
Pace isn't everything, look at Paul McGrath.  Before you say you can't compare McGrath and Pearson, there are three divisions between where we play and where McGrath played.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 141
TonySmith
June 4, 2021, 12:27am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +965
Gold Stars: 11
  We will have four center backs for the new season. Assuming Pearson and Waterfall to be two, and maybe Idehen for a third, that still leaves at least one more to come in, who will hopefully be someone with a bit of pace. Who will be first choice and who will be back up? I'm sure that will depend entirely on how they perform in training and pre-season games.  If Shaun Pearson shows himself to be the best option he will and should be in the team, if he doesn't then he won't be. Simple. His qualities of leadership and character will make him a valuable member of the squad, in my opinion, whether he plays every game or not. Paul Hurst knows what he's doing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 141
Heisenberg
June 4, 2021, 12:48am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,108
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from Mayaman

Four divisions. FOUR. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 141
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
June 4, 2021, 1:17am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +905
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from TonySmith
Who will be first choice and who will be back up? I'm sure that will depend entirely on how they perform in training and pre-season games.

I think it's pretty nailed on if he has been offered a 2 year contract that he would be in the first 11 from the off. It would be a waste of money if he was signed just to wallow in the reserves or on the bench every match.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 141
A.l.f.
June 4, 2021, 5:18am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +687
Gold Stars: 7
Shaun is a top fella and exactly the type of character we need to help rebuild a team.  He always gives 100% and gets what it means to us fans and did loads in the community when here and has done the same at Wrexham.
Would be very pleased with this signing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 141
dapperz fun pub
June 4, 2021, 6:17am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,067
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from MuddyWaters

‘Better than Pearson’? Better in what way? Better defender, better for the club, better in bed?

We need to build a team with leaders. A team with the right people wouldn’t have been relegated. A team that values the shirt, the club and the fans. Shaun Pearson isn’t the best footballer on the planet but we’ll struggle to find many who will give as much as he will.

Better in bed ? This is a gtfc football forum not some sort of swingers site 😎 I think and I’m well aware of his football capability hence why I’m underwhelmed. It’s alright having a squad of great characters but if their only mediocre in footballing terms what chance do we have of winning the league , I’ll answer my own Q zero
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 141
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Shaun pearson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.