Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pollock
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 50 Guests

Pollock

This thread currently has 32,340 views. Print
19 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
May 28, 2021, 3:42pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,305
Gold Stars: 266
the other point is that the more we get recognised for bringing players through and selling players on, the more it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy - agents, players and parents realise that Gy is a good place for them to be at, as they will be given a chance and so we get offered better players than we would otherwise expect. It means we can spread our net further, and again will bring better players in

It's all good at the moment with Grist and Pollock moving on and getting us good money;
Clifton & Wright (when fit) are regulars in the side;
Idehen and Starbuck have also featured a number of times (although imho they both have a vital season in front of them)
Khouri is already attracting interest
Adlard, Ghoundry and Boyd coming through *
And a bit further down the age groups I'm told that a lad called Harvey Tomlinson looks promising

* i haven't mentioned Battersby who seems to divide opinion- some have said he's a bit 'meh' but others say he is a real prospect
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 180
rancido
May 28, 2021, 11:04pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,679
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from jamesgtfc

We've had a few complaints from the lady referees Paul so we are going to put in a new sink in the referees changing room.

......... and a toilet instead of just a urinal

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 180
KingstonMariner
May 28, 2021, 11:39pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.02
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from rancido

......... and a toilet instead of just a urinal

As well as a sink?! We’re not made of money. A sink is dual purpose, if it’s well supported for the ‘larger’ lady refs.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 180
toontown
May 29, 2021, 6:10am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,267
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Son of Cod
I'm disappointed we never sang HIS NAME IS A FISH, HIS NAME IS A FIIIIIISH, MATTIE POLLOCK, HIS NAME IS A FISH to be honest. We should be ashamed of that. Unless we did and I missed it.

That has definitely been sung at town matches before. Seem to remember Chelsea was one of them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 180
HertsGTFC
May 29, 2021, 6:42am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.24
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,076
Gold Stars: 239
I think overall this is a good news story. We get a decent fee for a youngster, no doubt with add on’s. The lad gets a 5 year deal which will mean he’s got the security to develop without fear of being turfed out after a couple of seasons.

I’d hope a large proportion of the money goes into the playing budget at all levels with a well earned chunk going to support Woods and the Youth set up.

I just wonder though now where back in non league what impact that will have in attracting future talent fro across the wider Region?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 180
Posh Harry
May 29, 2021, 7:56am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,376
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from Brazilnut
Didn't we pay money to Watford for Jimmy Gillian or someone like that ?

Jimmy Gilligan

I think it was £250k wasn’t it? And he was pretty much dog turd.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 180
moosey_club
May 29, 2021, 10:02am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,336
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from forza ivano
the other point is that the more we get recognised for bringing players through and selling players on, the more it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy - agents, players and parents realise that Gy is a good place for them to be at, as they will be given a chance and so we get offered better players than we would otherwise expect. It means we can spread our net further, and again will bring better players in

It's all good at the moment with Grist and Pollock moving on and getting us good money;
Clifton & Wright (when fit) are regulars in the side;
Idehen and Starbuck have also featured a number of times (although imho they both have a vital season in front of them)
Khouri is already attracting interest
Adlard, Ghoundry and Boyd coming through *
Quoted Text
And a bit further down the age groups I'm told that a lad called Harvey Tomlinson looks promising

* i haven't mentioned Battersby who seems to divide opinion- some have said he's a bit 'meh' but others say he is a real prospect

Played 5 a side with him and 2 or 3 others from the same youth team group a year or so back, they used to come along in close season, like alot of young players today all very good with the ball at their feet...and even at 13/14 they weren't bothered about playing against guys ranging from 20 - 50, happy to mix it when needed.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 180
moosey_club
May 29, 2021, 10:06am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,336
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from KingstonMariner

As well as a sink?! We’re not made of money. A sink is dual purpose, if it’s well supported for the ‘larger’ lady refs.

DuaI purpose....I think you are getting confused with that 4th piece of a bathroom suite the bidet, good for urinating, retching and washing your sandy flip flops off

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 180
KingstonMariner
May 29, 2021, 2:45pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.02
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from moosey_club

DuaI purpose....I think you are getting confused with that 4th piece of a bathroom suite the bidet, good for urinating, retching and washing your sandy flip flops off

Thats a great idea. When it's time to replace the sink we can invest in a bidet.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 180
golfer
May 29, 2021, 2:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.28
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,451
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from moosey_club

I've never heard it called a "flip flop"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 180
19 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pollock

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.