4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
DB
March 11, 2021, 8:43am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
I would like to thank all of you who gave me red cross's. I have achieved the mile stone of just over 1,000 as I type.

To those who chose to tell me why you disagree with me I sincerely say thank you again, as it is good to know why. Our views may differ but the end result for all is a victorious Mariners team now and in the future.

To those who did not choose to say why they disagreed with me, keeping their reasons to themselves not sharing with The Fishy members, I thank you as well. For it is your 100's of red cross's that made this achievement possible.

So to help to the next mile stone XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
BobbyCummingsTackle
March 11, 2021, 8:55am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,277
Gold Stars: 306
I am just a teensy bit skeptical about our comments on here leading to a victorious team. Evidence would suggest otherwise.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 32
promotion plaice
March 11, 2021, 9:14am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,068
Gold Stars: 198

If they are bothering you DB just turn them off  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 32
March 11, 2021, 9:18am
Guest User
Mariner’s
Reply: 3 - 32
denni266
March 11, 2021, 9:40am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
I think its refreshing to read and take in some posts that are thinking outside the box so to speak,  un like Hurst who never thinks outside the box and likes his chosen few to be in the box with him at all times ,, penalty box that is  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 32
DB
March 11, 2021, 11:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from promotion plaice

If they are bothering you DB just turn them off  

Thank you for your concern PP, but their not. What I do really appreciate is a good debate on different views all of which want the same end result.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 32
Son of Cod
March 11, 2021, 11:53am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from DB
I would like to thank all of you who gave me red cross's. I have achieved the mile stone of just over 1,000 as I type.

To those who chose to tell me why you disagree with me I sincerely say thank you again, as it is good to know why. Our views may differ but the end result for all is a victorious Mariners team now and in the future.

To those who did not choose to say why they disagreed with me, keeping their reasons to themselves not sharing with The Fishy members, I thank you as well. For it is your 100's of red cross's that made this achievement possible.

So to help to the next mile stone XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

You'd have got there a bit faster if I had them switched on so apologies for that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 32
DB
March 11, 2021, 12:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I am just a teensy bit skeptical about our comments on here leading to a victorious team. Evidence would suggest otherwise.

Now you should know be by now positive optimism pre match day up to the final whistle. Then the opposite till the red wine dulls the senses, unless we win, then it's celebration time!!!!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 32
DB
March 11, 2021, 12:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Son of Cod

You'd have got there a bit faster if I had them switched on so apologies for that.

I kook forward to your support.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 32
GrimRob
March 11, 2021, 12:13pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,409
Gold Stars: 113
The subject should be Red Crosses, a completely superfluous apostrophe, so I gave you a red cross.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 32
DB
March 11, 2021, 12:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob
The subject should be Red Crosses, a completely superfluous apostrophe, so I gave you a red cross.

Sorry Rob, English language has always been a problem for me, but hey I keep on trying. Thank you for explanation as well, I do appreciate it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 32
GYinScuntland
March 11, 2021, 1:57pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
If it's red crosses for disagree and green ticks for agree there should be an option for those that don't really care either way.
It's not very inclusive is it?
It's 2021 after all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 32
Sir Matt Tease
March 11, 2021, 2:18pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +292
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from DB

I think that you will find that the majority of the red cross brigade on here are the posters who are unable to construct a sensible, well thought out  and logical reply to the original post. People no longer seem to possess the ability to enter into discussion and argue their point in a well reasoned way, hence the red cross.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 32
Kris2
March 11, 2021, 2:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
There is an option to turn them off. I usually get at least 1 red cross on every post I make, probably from the same person. I made somebody on here upset a few years ago and they've made it a goal to red cross every post I ever made since.  
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 32
DB
March 11, 2021, 2:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Kris2
There is an option to turn them off. I usually get at least 1 red cross on every post I make, probably from the same person. I made somebody on here upset a few years ago and they've made it a goal to red cross every post I ever made since.  

That's the impression I have

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 32
jonnyboy82
March 11, 2021, 2:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Make a thread about red crosses,  jesus christ things are excrement atm aren't they.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 32
DB
March 11, 2021, 2:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Make a thread about red crosses,  jesus christ things are excrement atm aren't they.

I also started a thread about Jesus Christ on the non football site if you wish to discuss Him there.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 32
lee65
March 11, 2021, 4:13pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,485
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Yeah, but so far this season we haven't had many other "crosses" worth mentioning in a thread  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 32
Sir Matt Tease
March 11, 2021, 4:24pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +292
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Sir Matt Tease

I think that you will find that the majority of the red cross brigade on here are the posters who are unable to construct a sensible, well thought out  and logical reply to the original post. People no longer seem to possess the ability to enter into discussion and argue their point in a well reasoned way, hence the red cross.

You see, I rest my case. I have attracted six numbnuts already in one afternoon.

I posted during the day as I thought that all the children were back at school, obviously not !  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 32
BobbyCummingsTackle
March 11, 2021, 4:28pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,277
Gold Stars: 306
Quoted from GYinScuntland
If it's red crosses for disagree and green ticks for agree there should be an option for those that don't really care either way.
It's not very inclusive is it?
It's 2021 after all.

There is: Ignore the post. Move on.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 32
friskneymariner
March 11, 2021, 5:25pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Sir Matt Tease

Think you will find this only applies to the pro-Fenty brigade,mainly because there is no logical argument to support him.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 32
louth_in_the_south
March 11, 2021, 10:09pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 96
Every time someone belly aches about getting red x’s they automatically receive one from me

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 32
GYinScuntland
March 12, 2021, 12:45am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
So is it right that if you moan about red crosses you get some but if you say red crosses are ace you get some too?
But if you say green ticks are good you'll get red crosses too? Maybe a green tick but not as many ticks as crosses?
If you get loads of red crosses does that count towards post of the week? Or just the ticks?
If so you're all girl privates, if not I love you all to bits.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 32
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
March 12, 2021, 1:20am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Got a thing about crosses haven't you DB? There's the red ones, then there's the one that Jesus was all hung up about, Towns lack of them, whats next? crosses on ballot papers?

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 32
Rick12
March 12, 2021, 6:32am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Sorry if the red crosses has upset you DB. Dont worry about it. I get the impression your a nice enough type but a bit sensitive. In life so long as you try to come from a truthful place that's all that matters. No one is going to get it right all the time and sometimes the truth that's nearest to the mark is often the most unpopular.

Ive stated this before but the problem with typing views on the fishy its a bit artificial. People may be bold/brazen even rude yet in real life in a pub or a chat face to face on the terraces when people see you face to face its often all a different ball game.

Rio Ferdinand stated it as well in his book. You get people that bully others online "keyboard warriors" he calls them yet face to to face there sometimes a scrawny  teenager who's still developing.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 32
GollyGTFC
March 12, 2021, 8:13am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,962
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from DB

Feedback: I gave you a Red Cross because the plural of Red Cross is “Red Crosses”.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 32
DB
March 12, 2021, 11:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Feedback: I gave you a Red Cross because the plural of Red Cross is “Red Crosses”.

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately my English has always let me down

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 32
GollyGTFC
March 13, 2021, 1:21pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from DB

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately my English has always let me down

No problem my friend. So what is your first language?
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 27 - 32
DB
March 13, 2021, 1:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

No problem my friend. So what is your first language?

Pint of Guinness please.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 32
GollyGTFC
March 13, 2021, 1:52pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from DB

Pint of Guinness please.

The pubs are closed unfortunately.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 32
DB
March 13, 2021, 1:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

The pubs are closed unfortunately.

A can will do nicely, chilled of course.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 32
DB
March 13, 2021, 10:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Some times things surprise you, pleasantly like the half offer from Golly for a pint of Guinness. What I refer to is, I believe the term is lateral thinking, the suggestion on another post.

It was stated that having a red cross was considered a badge of honour. What can I say I mean being honoured by over 1,100 red crosses, it's overwhelming. I didn't know how to cope, but as Golly regrettably failed to supply my Guinness I have had to make do with some red wine.

Cheers and thank you one and all for honouring me.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 32
ginnywings
March 14, 2021, 9:57am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
Or you could just get on with your life and not mention red crosses at least once a day, every day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 32
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Red Cross's

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.