5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Limerick Mariner
March 3, 2021, 11:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,695
Gold Stars: 136
I see Grimsby, Immingham Goole and Hull are getting free port, I quite like glass of port especially with some Stilton. Some people will surely take the urine and get shitfaced all the time though - especially delinquents from Hull. Also if if you pass the bottle the wrong way don’t you have to shoot your sen...?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 46
GollyGTFC
March 4, 2021, 12:31pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,965
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
£1 Billion announced in Budget today for regenerating 45 towns.

Grimsby must surely be one of these?  Could help with funding town centre and possibly supporting businesses linked to a new stadium?

Yes. Grimsby has a Tory MP.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 46
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
March 4, 2021, 1:29pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from KingstonMariner
It’ll be positively humming with metropolitan types when it’s done.

Good one.

I can see them now lapping up the cafe culture on Victoria Street having walked across the super dooper dooper bridge from the regenerated Fish Docks. Smart suits and long frocks worn with long Johns underneath two layers of artificial fur to keep out the balmy breeze as it force sevens its  way across the Riverhead. They can later mingle with the residents of the area and perhaps share a line or two and a bottle of vintage plonk while shivering their way into the smart new cinema where they can spread themselves out to view the latest movies on a score of iPhones and listen to a score of index fingers and thumbs tapping out a tiktok message and checking statuses on Twitter all the time keeping an ear to the fascinating conversations.

It will be grand. Worth every penny!

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 46
Humbercod
March 4, 2021, 6:05pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,489
Gold Stars: 82

Good one.

I can see them now lapping up the cafe culture on Victoria Street having walked across the super dooper dooper bridge from the regenerated Fish Docks. Smart suits and long frocks worn with long Johns underneath two layers of artificial fur to keep out the balmy breeze as it force sevens its  way across the Riverhead. They can later mingle with the residents of the area and perhaps share a line or two and a bottle of vintage plonk while shivering their way into the smart new cinema where they can spread themselves out to view the latest movies on a score of iPhones and listen to a score of index fingers and thumbs tapping out a tiktok message and checking statuses on Twitter all the time keeping an ear to the fascinating conversations.

It will be grand. Worth every penny!

Its ok to take the mick and i get what your saying but this is after all something positive for the our town!
What’s the alternative tell the government that we don’t want the money Grimsby is a excrement hole so just leave it to decay?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 46
KingstonMariner
March 4, 2021, 6:52pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
A nail bar???!!! Really! Oh thank you Boris. That makes up for those fishermen being thrown on the scrap heap when your predecessor Ted Heath signed up to the Common Fisheries Policy. 40 years of under-investment. Benefits cuts over the last decade.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 46
Humbercod
March 4, 2021, 6:59pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,489
Gold Stars: 82
Hull not happy 🥲
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 46
moosey_club
March 4, 2021, 9:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,256
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Humbercod
Hull not happy 🥲

Worth more to me than the money  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 46
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
March 4, 2021, 11:09pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Humbercod

Its ok to take the mick and i get what your saying but this is after all something positive for the our town!
What’s the alternative tell the government that we don’t want the money Grimsby is a excrement hole so just leave it to decay?

No, I’m just pointing out that the way such money is spent is pointless unless there is a market for the stuff that it is spent on. As things stand, Grimsby town centre like so many others is run down and the old retail outlets are all struggling. A different retail model is the first thing a town centre needs not a cinema or a flash bridge. I often wonder if planners think why a town centre came into being in the first place and whether those conditions exist anymore and if one will even be necessary by the mid C21st so why waste money on a sowe’s ear? Just think - the previous council knocked down the bus station in the hope that Debenhams would pay for new building on the end of Freshney Place - Debenhams!! Everyman and his dog kept telling them that the Debenhams retail model was bout to be dead and buried but no, it had to be done as a vanity project.

The Freeport idea is fine but it is not going to do anything to regenerate dying ideas.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 46
Maringer
March 4, 2021, 11:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,512
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from pen penfras

Yea, it's not like they've had to spend billions to keep the country running in the last 12 months. male masturbators

Well, they didn't have a choice but to spend given the circumstances, so not a surprise.

Luckily, all of the money required to support the economy was created by the Bank of England (owned by the UK Government) and was spent on gilts through the Asset Purchase Facility (a wholly owned subsidiary of the BoE). Therefore, we created the money and used it to buy bonds from ourselves. And the interest we pay on the bonds is spent on paying down the national debt. Makes complete sense, eh?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 46
Maringer
March 4, 2021, 11:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,512
Gold Stars: 185
Oh, as for the Pork Barrel stuff, not a surprise at all. Where the US lead, we follow, which is why the Tories are so keen on forcing though voter ID requirements on us. The Yanks have shown that this works pretty well in keeping low earners (who tend to vote for left-wing parties) from voting.

They've got the ultimate squirrel (or perhaps it's just a gigantic dead cat?) in the pandemic to shove through all sorts of unsavoury and borderline corrupt policy and the media isn't really paying much attention, unsurprisingly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Budget:  £1 Billion for 45 towns

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.