7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
February 28, 2021, 11:30pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548

Some random couple's holiday video visiting most of the places we went on the Ardnamurchan, although there is loads more.

The singing sands is a magical place on the peninsula. It's accessed only by foot, with a three mile walk through woodland from a car park. We went for a swim here with the dog last summer. The water is crystal clear but bloody cold until you get used to it. The walk there and back is really good too but I got bitten by huge horseflies. The critters drew blood.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 61
ginnywings
February 28, 2021, 11:37pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from cmackenzie4
We go to Glencoe Ginny, I’m sure you’ll have a great trip mate, I’ve been to Ardnamurchan, we saw the lighthouse there, it was a lovely day, it was a long day though, we came back via Glenfinnan and Fort William. It must be fantastic in the camper, that’s how I’d like to travel Scotland mate.

We've driven through Glencoe a couple of times with stops to take it all in. There is a very definite atmosphere about the place, but we found it a bit too busy for our liking and didn't stay for any length of time. We have scope to go up there out of season now and will explore more when it's less busy.

Did you see the crazy border collie's at the lighthouse, barking at the sea? They are a fixture there apparently. They follow visitors down to the bottom of the rocks and back up again. When at the bottom, they bark at the waves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 61
cmackenzie4
March 1, 2021, 12:59pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
I tend to go to Glencoe during the winter months Ginny (usually around November) when snow is on the tops, going that time of year you tend to miss all the visitors, it’s so atmospheric I agree, I’ve camped in the lost valley on my own before and that was such an experience, it’s were all the cattle were hidden during the Glencoe massacre (in 1692)

When we were at Ardnamurchan there was nobody there as it was a full on winters day and quite late on, we visited a place called Strontian I don’t know if you have been there? We usually go across on the Corran ferry, have you been on that ? It’s between Glencoe and Fort William (a82) it’s only a short crossing but well worth it for the views.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 61
codcheeky
March 1, 2021, 5:06pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31

A round trip I made a few years back when my son was living in Revelstoke BC, We had tickets to fly there again for last summer but covid put paid to that, Scotland is stunning and obviously a lot more accessible for us but the Canadian Rockies are simply breathtaking
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 61
DB
March 1, 2021, 5:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,033
Gold Stars: 389
Quoted from promotion plaice

I can think of a lot worse places to live.

That was one of the best views I seen of Cleethorpes. Nelc should use it as a promo. Thank you for sharing it.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 61
ginnywings
March 1, 2021, 7:40pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from cmackenzie4
I tend to go to Glencoe during the winter months Ginny (usually around November) when snow is on the tops, going that time of year you tend to miss all the visitors, it’s so atmospheric I agree, I’ve camped in the lost valley on my own before and that was such an experience, it’s were all the cattle were hidden during the Glencoe massacre (in 1692)

When we were at Ardnamurchan there was nobody there as it was a full on winters day and quite late on, we visited a place called Strontian I don’t know if you have been there? We usually go across on the Corran ferry, have you been on that ? It’s between Glencoe and Fort William (a82) it’s only a short crossing but well worth it for the views.

Yeah, been on the Corran ferry twice and visited Strontian twice also. Went to the Ariundle oak woodlands just out of town. They are actually classed as rainforest and one of my favourite places to visit. Very old and atmospheric.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 61
Les Brechin
March 1, 2021, 9:13pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,713
Gold Stars: 174
This was a cracking little ferry we stumbled across a few years back. The last ferry of it's kind in the world.

https://skyeferry.co.uk/

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 61
ska face
March 1, 2021, 10:11pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,663
Gold Stars: 847

Was fortunate enough to spend a few days walking round here in 2019, absolutely unreal.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 61
ginnywings
March 1, 2021, 11:40pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Did this trip a good few years ago. The moment you reach the edge of the canyon and go from 100's feet off the ground to 1000's in an instant, is some experience. Truly one of the wonders of the world.

Wouldn't mind going back one day and doing this.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 61
ginnywings
March 1, 2021, 11:53pm

Recovering Alcoholic
This is a trip that lives long in the memory. Out to the Treshnish Isles to see the seabird colonies, especially the comical puffins, who have no fear of humans at all and you can get really close to them. Then onto Staffa to see Fingals Cave, It was a beautiful sunny day and thoroughly recommended if you are up that way.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › YouTube videos of beautiful places

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.