5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
ska face
February 4, 2021, 10:49am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,760
Gold Stars: 851
There are some sad people on here if you have to find a way of diminishing the efforts of a 100-year-old war veteran and inspiration to many in these sad times.

I suppose he was too "conservative" for some people to stomach. A lovely man, a loving family and so middle class -  too much to bear for our SJW's.

Seriously, what is wrong with you? The bloke is dead and you’re using him to carry on your odd, spiteful, deranged campaign against people who don’t share your opinions. You have some very deep seated personal issues which need addressing.

I don’t think anyone’s diminished what he’s done, have they? Its not impossible to say that his efforts deserve acclaim, but also that the govt could and should have done more to keep him (and others) alive.

For such a supposed free speech advocate, you do have a touch of the Thought Police about you.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 45
lew chaterleys lover
February 4, 2021, 10:57am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,746
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from LH

It is possible to applaud his efforts and realise that he’s been used as a distraction a few times. For anyone capable of thinking for themselves.

Ah yes of course. The millions of ordinary people who took him to their hearts, who donated to the cause, that had street party celebrations for his birthday and mourned his passing was some enormous conspiracy theory by government strategists to distract us from their mistakes.

That is not thinking for yourself, it is just plain bonkers.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 45
lew chaterleys lover
February 4, 2021, 11:02am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,746
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from ska face

Seriously, what is wrong with you? The bloke is dead and you’re using him to carry on your odd, spiteful, deranged campaign against people who don’t share your opinions. You have some very deep seated personal issues which need addressing.

I don’t think anyone’s diminished what he’s done, have they? Its not impossible to say that his efforts deserve acclaim, but also that the govt could and should have done more to keep him (and others) alive.

For such a supposed free speech advocate, you do have a touch of the Thought Police about you.

On this, and every other issue, I don't give a toss about what you think.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 45
ska face
February 4, 2021, 11:21am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,760
Gold Stars: 851

On this, and every other issue, I don't give a toss about what you think.

It’s ok not to be ok - https://www.mind.org.uk/inform.....-listening-services/

It’s potentially not OK to use the still warm corpse of a 100-year-old to satisfy your quest for likes on the internet. Bizarre behaviour from someone rapidly losing touch with reality.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 45
Sandford1981
February 4, 2021, 12:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
There are some sad people on here if you have to find a way of diminishing the efforts of a 100-year-old war veteran.

To give this perspective the average life expectancy of someone living in the UK is 81 😉.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 45
aldi_01
February 4, 2021, 12:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Very odd to assume that folk critical of the exploitative use of this mans great effort are diminishing what he achieved or did.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 45
KingstonMariner
February 4, 2021, 12:59pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Stadium

Probably around thoughts similar to this post from elsewhere:

"At a 100, he had better innings than most of us will ever experience. His charity fundraiser last year was remarkable and he should be praised for this.

However, the blind ignorance shown by both him and his family to holiday during the worst pandemic in modern times is both baffling and frustrating. As someone who campaigned to support the NHS, surely people can see the hypocrisy in such a decision and the resulting burden it has caused upon his return.

It is all well and good to try and paint this in the light of ‘at his age you’d think intercourse it.’ Truth be told however, many would likely take the morale high ground and turn down this holiday, heck, even just to show support for the rest of the nation.

Reading the comments I was made aware of 101 year old lady doing 101 laps of her local park. It’s sad this wasn’t promoted further but it shows there was true meaning behind her fundraiser. Captain Tom, I feel was more an idea brought about by his family than himself, there is a stark difference between a woman walking her local park and a man doing laps of his impressive, huge garden."

Thanks Stadium. I was not aware of the holiday. Just shows no one is perfect. Very bad move considering his honour.

I wasn’t aware of the 101 year old woman either.

I don’t think we should let the fact that the government used his story as a distraction tool get in the way of appreciation for his efforts and attitude. That would be like not honouring key workers because the government used the weekly clap to cover its lack f real support for key workers over the years.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 45
Humbercod
February 4, 2021, 6:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,488
Gold Stars: 82
Hold on this was early December like many people lucky enough to fly away for a Xmas break he broke no covid rules! Also the trip was a gift from BA to say thank you for his efforts, what’s the problem?
By all accounts Barbados was on his bucket list and at 100 years old he would’ve known there was a good chance this would be his last.

So now I’m thinking what kind of person would attack one of our last WW2 veterans, someone who raised so much for the NHS, for wanting to enjoy his remaining time on Earth?

Well it wasn’t hard or too surprising to find the usual spiteful hateful woke left on social media at the the fore, even a (black) man of the left wing cloth called him a cult of white British nationalism! These warfare leftists hate our skin colour, history, culture and even our proud war hero’s, there is no reasoning with them they are sick and totally disgust me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 45
Stadium
February 4, 2021, 7:07pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Humbercod
Hold on this was early December like many people lucky enough to fly away for a Xmas break he broke no covid rules! Also the trip was a gift from BA to say thank you for his efforts, what’s the problem?
By all accounts Barbados was on his bucket list and at 100 years old he would’ve known there was a good chance this would be his last.

So now I’m thinking what kind of person would attack one of our last WW2 veterans, someone who raised so much for the NHS, for wanting to enjoy his remaining time on Earth?

Well it wasn’t hard or too surprising to find the usual spiteful hateful woke left on social media at the the fore, even a (black) man of the left wing cloth called him a cult of white British nationalism! These warfare leftists hate our skin colour, history, culture and even our proud war hero’s, there is no reasoning with them they are sick and totally disgust me.

Strange response so just  to clarify:

No one said he had broken the Covid regulations,diminished the efforts of a 100-year-old war veteran or even mentioned the trip was a gift from BA.

The comment which was posted was from elsewhere as stated & was to explain different views on the matter.

Try reading the comment in its entirely,especially the first line:
"At a 100, he had better innings than most of us will ever experience. His charity fundraiser last year was remarkable and he should be praised for this"

Many thanks for your final paragraph however.
Copy and paste straight into the Daily Mail comment section.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 45
Stadium
February 4, 2021, 7:19pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19

Ah yes of course. The millions of ordinary people who took him to their hearts, who donated to the cause, that had street party celebrations for his birthday and mourned his passing was some enormous conspiracy theory by government strategists to distract us from their mistakes.

That is not thinking for yourself, it is just plain bonkers.

Oh dear,what nonsense.
Are you feeling ok?

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › RIP Captain Sir Tom Moore

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.