9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Swansea_Mariner
January 10, 2021, 1:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
We just need to pay him up, it's an illusionary option having him around.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 80
HertsGTFC
January 10, 2021, 1:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
We just need to pay him up, it's an illusionary option having him around.

I don't hold with paying players up but on this occasion agreeing some form of settlement would be best for both parties. Or at very least e loan him out to NL North/South side which is just about his level I think. I'm sure he's a decent bloke but his fays as an EFL player look over, and have done for a while.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 80
TAGG
January 10, 2021, 2:00pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,939
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Mariner_501
Green will do very well to land a contract at a conference north club next season based solely on his name. Absolute garbage and him starting so much (why?) is a big reason we are where we are.

Shouldn’t be directly sent abuse, but the people aren’t wrong

Every player is equally culpable for our failings this season.
The whole team are as equally to blame for not keeping the ball out of our net and not sticking it in the opposition net.
Have you seen our goal difference????
Yes Green is not good at putting away chances but how many chances have others created for him??

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 80
forza ivano
January 10, 2021, 2:41pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,267
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from TAGG

Every player is equally culpable for our failings this season.
The whole team are as equally to blame for not keeping the ball out of our net and not sticking it in the opposition net.
Have you seen our goal difference????
Yes Green is not good at putting away chances but how many chances have others created for him??

but jackson and gibson have both managed to get shots on ,if not goals. and at least they cause defenders a few more problems than green
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 80
Swansea_Mariner
January 10, 2021, 3:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from forza ivano

but jackson and gibson have both managed to get shots on ,if not goals. and at least they cause defenders a few more problems than green

The stats bare this out as Green has managed one goal in 940 minutes this season, Gibson a goal every 400 minutes and Jackson Jr one every 150 minutes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 80
January 10, 2021, 3:11pm
Guest User
Quoted from Mariner_501
Green will do very well to land a contract at a conference north club next season based solely on his name. Absolute garbage and him starting so much (why?) is a big reason we are where we are.

Shouldn’t be directly sent abuse, but the people aren’t wrong

So, I don't think the last 3 managers who have continued to pick him in the starting eleven are wrong.  So I'm going to say the people ARE wrong, leave it to the professionals.

Reply: 65 - 80
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 10, 2021, 3:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,763
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from 123614

So, I don't think the last 3 managers who have continued to pick him in the starting eleven are wrong.  So I'm going to say the people ARE wrong, leave it to the professionals.

Simple, if Green stays in the team we go down, no ifs no buts and professionals can be wrong in all professions and we as fans can only hope that Hurst has now seen enough and Matt can move on and play semi- pro somewhere else.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 80
January 10, 2021, 3:21pm
Guest User
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Simple, if Green stays in the team we go down, no ifs no buts and professionals can be wrong in all professions and we as fans can only hope that Hurst has now seen enough and Matt can move on and play semi- pro somewhere else.

You are joking right?  THREE Football managers pick him constantly, but you think that anonymous people on this board know better than them!  Oh, and because ONE man stays in the team, he will cause us to go down, what about the other 10?   FFS read your post before you put this kind of rubbish on here, don't care if it's your opinion or not, it's a rubbish post that would seem to have been written by a school kid, not saying that you are, but the post makes it look like you are.

Reply: 67 - 80
ginnywings
January 10, 2021, 3:22pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from 123614

Because there is no other option. He's the only fit, experienced striker we have, which is a shocking state of affairs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 80
January 10, 2021, 3:26pm
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings

Because there is no other option. He's the only fit, experienced striker we have, which is a shocking state of affairs.

But that's hardly his fault!  For most of the time he's been playing as a lone striker.  I don't know what his best role is, maybe playing as a lone striker is not his forte, but at least he tries.

Reply: 69 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › It's time to lay off Matt Green

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.