5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Madeleymariner
December 31, 2020, 5:17pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 50
Would have liked to keep Edwards, dont know if Hurst wanted him to stay but I really can't think of any real flair/luxury players Hurst has ever kept. All he wants are midfielders that defend first and occasionally approach the attacking end of the field. All part of the Hurst functional football theory.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 48
immariner
December 31, 2020, 5:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 61
Preston and Edwards will be decent players and I would be happy if they were ours, back up to the first team and we were able to send them out on loan ourselves to develop. But as Ginny said, for right now we need players that can make an impact. I don't necessarily think they need to be seasoned pros, remember how good Townsend was at a similar age to Preston? Even Glennon. He still hasn't gone out on loan this season and hasn't played for Burnley.

Also, just to add, Forest can recall Preston from tomorrow.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 48
moosey_club
December 31, 2020, 5:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226
Edward's need to develop, no good in a relegation scrap, doesnt track, cant tackle and wastes the ball in possession 99% of the time. Hope he comes on and develops his game or finds a team that can afford a luxury player for him to flourish as he definately has some attributes but not right for us right now.
Morton.....right from first viewing didnt look capable at all. No loss there.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 48
Madeleymariner
December 31, 2020, 5:57pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 50
See I got a few red crosses already for not blowing smoke up Hursts bottom.    Will he save us from relegation? he is a good bet.  Move us up the leagues? who knows we will find out in the next couple of years.
Everyone is assuming the new people will throw money at it, they might just be as tight as Fenty on the playing side, but I have more confidence in Hurst finding some good experienced bargains than Holloway did.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 48
Croxton
December 31, 2020, 6:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 33
Would have kept Edwards. Thought he worked hard and bought us a few free kicks, corners and attacked the box. Yes, he made bad passes but suffered from dire midfield support and a massive loss of form and confidence from Preston. Despite being small and targetted for some disgusting fouls, he showed more spirit than some with long contracts. I wonder if Bristol said it's both or neither?

Alternatively, perhaps Hurst has someone lined up anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 48
KingstonMariner
December 31, 2020, 6:04pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from davmariner

Yes agree. Couldn’t really imagine Edwards rolling his sleeves up and grafting to keep us up. He had something tricky about him but no big loss IMHO.

That’s harsh on Edwards. If he had a fault is was what didn’t go on between his ears than his heart.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 48
pontoon442
December 31, 2020, 6:08pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / -3
Approval: -256
Gold Stars: 5
Edwards looks to have a lot of talent, but a lot to learn, Morton probable one of the piggyback players that Holloway was forced to have by agents...Agents are a parasite clinging to football...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 48
Ruston AT
December 31, 2020, 6:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +427
Gold Stars: 10

Good , both were top of my hit list.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 48
TwoLeftFeet
December 31, 2020, 6:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,101
Gold Stars: 19
Felt a bit for the young lads sent on loan here.. bet they wondered wtf was going on the team was a mess under Runaway wouldn't be surprised if they had all asked to go back!

Will be glad to see some organisation and some astute signings next couple weeks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 48
gytone
December 31, 2020, 7:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,029
Gold Stars: 8
That's two gone, at least another 6 more to go .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Edwards/Morton

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.