davmariner
December 31, 2020, 3:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,959
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from ginnywings

We are too low in the league to afford to let young players learn their trade. Need experienced pro's right now.

Yes agree. Couldn’t really imagine Edwards rolling his sleeves up and grafting to keep us up. He had something tricky about him but no big loss IMHO.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 48
male private Nale
December 31, 2020, 3:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -924
Gold Stars: 136
Send every other loan player back , pump Gibson and Jackson out on season long loans to conference or below as soon as we have a possible replacement , give touray his cards. Tilley won’t be around long either.

The more you look at what holloway created the more you think it was only his profile that allowed him to get away with it , the blind belief from us all that he knew what he was doing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 48
forza ivano
December 31, 2020, 3:23pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,267
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
Would have like to see Edwards stay. Poor distribution yes but can beat players for fun at this level - if he can do it in the right areas he could cause problems for the opposition defence, win free kicks and the odd penalty.

i agree, but i was pondering on him n hurst,and i couldn't see it. if i remember correctly Hurst was quite keen on wingers, but they had to be prepared to work hard - Colbeck, Marshall & Rodman for example. the only 'luxury'/extravagantly skilful players i can recall were Neilson & Vose
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 48
arryarryarry
December 31, 2020, 3:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Kris2
Assume that Holloway was given mate's rates on these two and now he's gone they feel they can set up a better loan fee for them elsewhere or sell them. Edwards has some talent but hasn't really hit the ground running and Morton has been fairly anonymous for the most part.

If Hurst can bring in his own players who want to play for him then all the better.

I thought he had, he looked a real handful when he first played but my feeling is his form deteriorated due Holloway pissing about with the team.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 48
fiveallive
December 31, 2020, 3:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
I think with Holloway leaving Bristol City have recalled players and Edwards was getting games but he's skillful but he tries to take to many players and never gets his cross in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 48
Swansea_Mariner
December 31, 2020, 3:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
Positive first day on the job, the rest of the loan players to follow soon I would expect
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 48
MuddyWaters
December 31, 2020, 3:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Positive first day on the job, the rest of the loan players to follow soon I would expect

We probably need to keep Danny Preston.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 48
HertsGTFC
December 31, 2020, 3:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
I didn’t think he’d wait long to get going.

I’d imagine using the term “recalled” is being respectful to the players rather than saying they’ve been sent back.

I’d suggest Paul probably rang their manager and said they won’t be included in his plans and its progressed.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 48
blundellpork
December 31, 2020, 3:39pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,665
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Wouldn’t surprise me to see a new left back come in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 48
Swansea_Mariner
December 31, 2020, 3:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Personally I'm not convinced, I think we need a new first choice  left back and then Hope/Hewitt/Hendrie can deputise as and when needed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Edwards/Morton

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.