Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Calculate the interest
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 133 Guests

Calculate the interest

This thread currently has 18,883 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Fishy clapper
December 28, 2020, 3:27pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +78
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Be specific please? Where have I said anything at all that would require access to the accounting records?

You’ll be suggesting I’m Steve Wraith next 😂😂

Who?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 3:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103

For one you allege that there was an HMRC investigation into the Parker—>Trust—>Fenty share transactions. Only someone on the inside would know that.

If I alleged that I would be sued by Fenty and Day so I am glad you have decided to disclose that yourself.

Unless you were referring to a different investigation that you have knowledge of...

No I haven’t. Where have I mentioned an HMRC investigation? Show me please

You see, this is exactly where rubbish originates and gets blown up wrongly. It’s so typical of the he said you said brigade

You are clueless mate

Read it again and get your facts right. No Fenty pun intended
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 217
IlkleyMariner
December 28, 2020, 3:28pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,031
Gold Stars: 69
Folks
Stop feeding the original poster
He will soon get fed up and go for a glass of wine or frame of snooker soon enough.
This topic is going nowhere
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 3:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
What makes me suspicious that Philip Night must be linked to Fenty, Day or Marley isn't his knowledge of the club accounts but the sneering, condescending tone which suggests he thinks he's better than other town fans. They all seem to be able to nail that one at will.

I’m suggesting no such thing. But I appreciate my opinion may not be popular with you
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 217
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
December 28, 2020, 3:30pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556

You see, this is exactly where rubbish originates and gets blown up wrongly. It’s so typical of the he said you said brigade

You are clueless mate

Is that your polite way of telling me to shut up Stephen / Philip? Those anger management courses that you took after the fans forum have (almost) worked
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 217
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
December 28, 2020, 3:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556

You are clueless mate

Page 6
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 217
grimsby pete
December 28, 2020, 3:34pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,842
Gold Stars: 222
So philipe or whatever your name is I have kept out of this until now.

BUT

What I have noticed is you did not join the fishy until a few hours ago and you say you are a supporter of many years.
You are not bothered who runs the club and certainly not a Fenty.

You have in all your posts defended Fenty  and on some of them informed us you have a lot of knowledge of borrowing money.

So I think you must be the convicted fraudster May or whatever your name is today and I claim my five pound reward.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 217
lew chaterleys lover
December 28, 2020, 3:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,817
Gold Stars: 239
I've just come back from an afternoon out and found a 10-page thread started by a Fenty supporter, or most probably colleague. How lovely!

In a way I can understand how one might come to the aid of a friend, perhaps to set the record straight. In this case though, there is no defence.

Not too many fans are bothered with the financial machinations that go on behind the scenes; what they do want is some success on the field and some comfort to watch it. Mr Fenty has failed on all accounts, and some. The only good thing was his saving of the club from administration all those years ago, but in hindsight even that was a mistake given the stranglehold on the club he has had ever since, coinciding with the worst time of our long and illustrious history.

I think I read that the new poster said his client was worth upwards of 50 million pounds? That makes everything that has happened a whole lot worse doesn't it? I assumed he did not have that much money, and that was why he is so miserly with it but with 50 million to play with what the hell has he been playing at?
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 217
Stockport Mariner
December 28, 2020, 3:47pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +553
Gold Stars: 8

Question for anyone that is a member of the Mariners Trust committee

If John Fenty gave you £200,000 worth of shares, how would you finance your HMRC tax bill for receiving a gift of shares and a capital gain? Bucket collection?

Would you accept the return of those shares? Or because you cannot afford to pay the tax on the gift of those shares, would you refuse them?

Did John Fenty actually help the Mariners Trust out in accepting those shares before the Mariners Trust became liable for the tax on the gift from Mike Parker ?

The trust wouldn’t pay any Capital Gains Tax when they received the shares. If Mike Parker had died within 7 teats of gifting them, the Trust may have had to pay Inheritance Tax on them at 40% (though this tapers down from year 3). Capital Gains Tax would only be due if the Trust subsequently sold them at a profit (if they received them for free than any amount they sold at would potentially be liable for CGT. I’m not sure how the Trust is set up as a legal entity, but “Trustees pay 10% Capital Gains Tax on qualifying gains if they sell assets used in a beneficiary's business, which has now ended.”  So if they sold them for £200,000 the CGT payable would be £20,000, leaving a tidy profit of £190,000. I’m not an accountant but that’s how I understand it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 217
arryarryarry
December 28, 2020, 3:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,018
Gold Stars: 117

Frankly that doesn’t interest me in the slightest. The only thing that bothers me is football business

Whatever NE Lincs Council was or wasn’t up to with the Alex May geezer is sodomist all to do with the football club

So you don't give a toss that John Fenty and Phillip Day were happy to have a convicted fraudster invest in Grimsby Town. Perhaps HMRC should be looking into where those funds were coming from.

Secondly I'm no financial wizard or accountant but surely any shares gifted to the Trust may only be liable for capital gains tax when those shares were sold and as £200,000 of their shares were gifted to John Fenty then there wouldn't be any financial gain only I presume to John Fenty if he sells them?

Thirdly in all the cost of how much JF has put into the club you seem to be forgetting that his running of the club has cost it millions of  pounds in lost revenue. If we hadn't been relegated into the National League he may well have had his loans paid off years ago?
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 217
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Calculate the interest

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.