Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Calculate the interest
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 231 Guests

Calculate the interest

This thread currently has 18,803 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
December 28, 2020, 1:51pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,831
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Question for anyone that is a member of the Mariners Trust committee

If John Fenty gave you £200,000 worth of shares, how would you finance your HMRC tax bill for receiving a gift of shares and a capital gain? Bucket collection?

Which begs the question, what was the actual reason why the Trust’s shares were transferred to Fenty?

Was it coercive?

Who advised the Trust / Fenty? Weaver Root? For both ‘sides’?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 1:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from Marinerz93

Thank you for sharing that and although interesting, It didn't start at 1.5 million it has built up to that over 20 years, please do the calculations based on yearly accounts of how much had been added in each year, £200k will more than cover that and interest rates can be done a lot cheaper than 4.5 if you shopped around.

I think you need to get your facts right
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 217
KingstonMariner
December 28, 2020, 1:52pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

Question for anyone that is a member of the Mariners Trust committee

If John Fenty gave you £200,000 worth of shares, how would you finance your HMRC tax bill for receiving a gift of shares and a capital gain?

Is that his reason for not giving them back? Really?! Mike Parker didn’t feel the need to hold back on the grounds the trust might have incurred a tax liability when he gave them £500,000 worth of shares.

Supplementary question for you. If you were concerned at the time that ‘control would lie outside the boardroom’ why didn’t you just invite the Trust into the board? That would have been quite simple.

Why instead did you feel the need to threaten to sell our star player if you didn’t get your way?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 217
Marinerz93
December 28, 2020, 1:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1

If Fenty was a reasonable man he would divorce his wife, marry Dave Roberts and the ‘gift’ would be a spousal transfer

You mean that didn't happen, I thought Dave Roberts was Russian, what was that about then.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 1:53pm
Table Wine Drinker

Which begs the question, what was the actual reason why the Trust’s shares were transferred to Fenty?

Was it coercive?

Who advised the Trust / Fenty? Weaver Root? For both ‘sides’?

Probably because Fenty helped the Trust out quickly in order that they weren’t liable for a whopping great HMRC capital gains bill for receiving the gift of shares from Mike Parker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 217
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 1:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Is that his reason for not giving them back? Really?! Mike Parker didn’t feel the need to hold back on the grounds the trust might have incurred a tax liability when he gave them £500,000 worth of shares.

Supplementary question for you. If you were concerned at the time that ‘control would lie outside the boardroom’ why didn’t you just invite the Trust into the board? That would have been quite simple.

Why instead did you feel the need to threaten to sell our star player if you didn’t get your way?

Why are you talking to me as though I’m John Fenty?

That’s really tickled me pink 😂😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 217
IlkleyMariner
December 28, 2020, 1:57pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 69
Not sure this post is getting anywhere
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 217
KingstonMariner
December 28, 2020, 1:58pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

Why are you talking to me as though I’m John Fenty?

That’s really tickled me pink 😂😂

Why don’t you answer the questions, whatever your name is. You know. Just in your role of Devil’s Advocate.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 217
Fillipe Noche
Table Wine Drinker
Anyone had the intelligence yet to calculate the gift of Trust shares from Mike Parker over to John Fenty. To deduct that from the total Mike Parker share gift. Then work out how many shares that left the trust with.

Then reconcile that with any HMRC capital gain tax thresholds ?

Might be something in it 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 217
Lincoln Mariner 56
Brandy Drinker
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,765
Gold Stars: 81

Depends

Do you want John to sign off on this if the consortium are going to expect regular monthly repayments with 5% interest?

If it means Fenty has gone from this club then it’s a small price to pay. We heard all about the unavailability of a rainy day fund from the Consortium first time around and what have we witnessed when it was required?

A disaster both on and off the field and the simple fact is the majority of fans want Fenty gone and if that requires us fans forking out a bit more to support the club I believe that will be fine with the majority of fans as well. If JF is of the opinion this will blow over and he can retain his control of the club and continue as if nothing has happened I think he will be in for a rude awakening.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 217
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Calculate the interest

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.