December 22, 2020, 2:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from ginnywings

Those five words sum it all up for me.

I personally know of eight fans who have all said they will not be putting any more money into the club unless there is change. All are season ticket holders.

Whatever anyone thinks, whether they are pro or anti this, that or the other, the bottom line is that without change, the club will go into terminal decline, as the point of no return has been reached.

On the flipside, if there is change.. Imagine how many lapsed fans will suddenly become interested in the club again, especially if there's a project laid out for them to believe in. Let's face it, we've all completely lost any belief in a better future for GTFC up to this point...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 30
blundellpork
December 22, 2020, 2:24pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,665
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from Bigdog

On the flipside, if there is change.. Imagine how many lapsed fans will suddenly become interested in the club again, especially if there's a project laid out for them to believe in. Let's face it, we've all completely lost any belief in a better future for GTFC up to this point...

Can’t wait to see 42,000 people at Blundell Park
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 30
December 22, 2020, 2:24pm
Guest User
Quoted from Bigdog

Thanks for this rare bit of optimism! You're dead right about the lost belief - I log on just to see how much worse things have got...  
Reply: 22 - 30
KingstonMariner
December 22, 2020, 3:43pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
It’s alright us going on about how much we spent and how he has been investing his loans in hope of profit from the ground and development. I agree and have said for some time that I very nearly now regret putting money into OP to get Bogle. But JF can just turn round to us and say that we were making a lot of small contributions while he was at the least losing interest on a substantial sum and at worst could lose the lot. As an individual I would find that argument hard to beat.

However that does not mean I don’t think he should make a deal and go. We may have to bribe him out but it would be worth it in the long run.

Even with £2m, you wouldn't earn much interest these days. Obviously it's saved us paying bank interest.

But the original point was other people have stuck their hand in their pocket, over and above match tickets, merchandise, food, beverages, anything else you get something in return for. They didn't lend the club that money. And it wasn't their mistakes that led to the losses in the first place.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 30
KingstonMariner
December 22, 2020, 3:46pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ska face
Let’s not forget the substantial pension contributions made to Fenty a few years back. I’m sure someone can check the proper figures, but didn’t he receive 2 payments of around £100k?

I could be wrong.

Wasn't this some complicated way of paying Five Star Fish back? Five Star Fish under Fenty's ownership loaned the club money*, when he sold FSF the new owners demanded the money back so they had to be paid. But I don't understand why it had to be done as pension contributions**.

* you've got to wonder why the company and not the owner - maybe for tax efficiency purposes

** again, maybe for tax reasons

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 30
lew chaterleys lover
December 22, 2020, 4:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from ginnywings

Those five words sum it all up for me.

I personally know of eight fans who have all said they will not be putting any more money into the club unless there is change. All are season ticket holders.

Whatever anyone thinks, whether they are pro or anti this, that or the other, the bottom line is that without change, the club will go into terminal decline, as the point of no return has been reached.

Exactly. Once the tipping point was reached there is no going back.

People are fed up, most are convinced that Fenty is a malign influence on the club and want to see it lifted.

If he tries to cling on I think there would be a lot of unrest to be followed by apathy when there is no need if he makes the correct decision. He knows he could not be in his exhalted position forever, so now would be as good a time as any to accept the inevitable.  
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 30
December 22, 2020, 4:51pm
Guest User
Quoted from blundellpork

Can’t wait to see 42,000 people at Blundell Park

The record attendance at Blundell Park was 31,651 in an FA Cup tie against Wolverhampton Wanderers on 20 February 1937.  I can remember going to watch Town play Burnley in the FA Cup at BP and I believe there was around 23,000 there.

P.S.  Might be wrong about Burnley, and maybe a bit out with the attendance, but I'm sure it's not far off.

Reply: 26 - 30
MuddyWaters
December 22, 2020, 5:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Wasn't this some complicated way of paying Five Star Fish back? Five Star Fish under Fenty's ownership loaned the club money*, when he sold FSF the new owners demanded the money back so they had to be paid. But I don't understand why it had to be done as pension contributions**.

* you've got to wonder why the company and not the owner - maybe for tax efficiency purposes

I remember this from before!  
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 30
forza ivano
December 22, 2020, 5:20pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,269
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from KingstonMariner

i presume there is no connection between this and the possible tax liabilities mentioned by Cod Almighty?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 30
OneLove
December 22, 2020, 5:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from 123614

The record attendance at Blundell Park was 31,651 in an FA Cup tie against Wolverhampton Wanderers on 20 February 1937.  I can remember going to watch Town play Burnley in the FA Cup at BP and I believe there was around 23,000 there.

P.S.  Might be wrong about Burnley, and maybe a bit out with the attendance, but I'm sure it's not far off.

Was there not nearing 23000 at the Exeter promotion game? I know there was 0ver 18000 when we played spurs. What days they was, was on about this to a mate the other day about the ponny when it was standing, full of characters, reeked of fart, fags and booze. best days those.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › "How much have you loaned the club?"

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.