4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
December 22, 2020, 1:14am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Well the short answer is, the fans haven't loaned the club any money. But they have given it. Obviously we all remember this.

https://www.theguardian.com/fo.....000-transfer-manager

And this year we had season ticket holders not demanding a refund and prepared to buy again this year without the promise of being able to see a game. That must be worth a pretty penny.

Not forgetting of course that £841,800 was repaid by the club to 'directors' (we know which one). As per my previous post, £570k of that was money wasted on the Great Coates pipe dream. Wonder what PP cost us.

JSF motto must be something like: "My mistakes. You pay."

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
OneLove
December 22, 2020, 6:46am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Too much and its all non returnable! I remember being a regular with a few mates in the main stand, would spend a good £30 per game in the bar, name cards and food then all of a sudden one saturday game we got surrounded by stewards on arrival to the main stand gates. Told we could no longer go in the main stand as its a family stand, we all looked baffled and miffed and thought it was a windl up, then the head of the stewards not nick dale some other muppet he sent, said we have been advised by nick dale to stop you from coming into this stand as you arent a family. An obvious reaction to this is your backs going to get up and it did but the sharp object wouldn't come out his box to tell us it face to face, so we was ushered quickly into the pontoon as we started voicing our opinion by stewards and police. Never ever took the matter further and let it go but this just sums up what mugs we are taken for from top to bottom, spending on average £50-£60 per match ticket included and to be treat like shitt. Im no longer returning and no longer spending a penny till the whole lots wiped out, from nick dale to fenty and co. They are all poison to the club and the fans!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 30
wuffing
December 22, 2020, 7:30am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +841
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from OneLove
Too much and its all non returnable! I remember being a regular with a few mates in the main stand, would spend a good £30 per game in the bar, name cards and food then all of a sudden one saturday game we got surrounded by stewards on arrival to the main stand gates. Told we could no longer go in the main stand as its a family stand, we all looked baffled and miffed and thought it was a windl up, then the head of the stewards not nick dale some other muppet he sent, said we have been advised by nick dale to stop you from coming into this stand as you arent a family. An obvious reaction to this is your backs going to get up and it did but the sharp object wouldn't come out his box to tell us it face to face, so we was ushered quickly into the pontoon as we started voicing our opinion by stewards and police. Never ever took the matter further and let it go but this just sums up what mugs we are taken for from top to bottom, spending on average £50-£60 per match ticket included and to be treat like shitt. Im no longer returning and no longer spending a penny till the whole lots wiped out, from nick dale to fenty and co. They are all poison to the club and the fans!

That is utterly disgraceful. Amateur is the word!

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 30
aldi_01
December 22, 2020, 7:43am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Using really rudimentary maths, since Fenty took over, between myself and my dad we’ve spent around £10k on season tickets alone. Doesn’t sound a lot but I didn’t sell my business for a few million quid...

I’d never expect anything back for them, they’re what I’d call ‘my investment’ and that’s not including cup tickets, away games, money spent in club shops and bars and so forth.

Would I expect it back? Not really. Do I want recognition? Not really, it’s my choice. Do I expect a man who has held fans in contempt throughout his tenure, a man responsible for so many poor decisions to apologise? I mean it would be nice. Nobody told him to loan the club money, he chose to.

They are loans, they’ve always been loans, that tells me that his intention all along was to get every penny back. Does he deserve to? Probably not. A man who continued to use a phrase ‘important not to devalue the product’ simply did that, year on year.

We’ve heard excuse after excuse, we’ve seen little investment in truth, unless you count thousands wasted on a vanity project that never got any further than a drawing. Along the way fans have been taken for mugs, the trust have been bullied and players exploited.

Add to that club heroes being treated unfairly, managers coming and going, the club sinking like the titanic and embarrassing incidents; it all makes for a shite read.

However, it’s nice that a certain director has had, one could argue, almost half his loan back which has seen the loan amount decrease which can only be good for the club...oh...hang on...

You don’t have to like Fenty, in fact it’s irrelevant, he doesn’t have to be a fan, again, it’s irrelevant but it would make it easier if he hadn’t been a flipping disaster, which in truth, he has been. We’ll never know of the club could’ve processed or moved further because the narrative, so carefully told has been one of survival, merely existing. We weren’t ambitious for footballing reasons in the conference; certainly not off the pitch. A period when we could’ve reinvented ourselves like so money do and have done, instead we reverted to type...how very predictable.

It’s time to go. No more flipping about...just go.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 30
denni266
December 22, 2020, 8:32am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Dread to think how much money we have put in to the club over all the years.. have we had good times ... yes   have we had bad times ... yes  more than often ... have we moaned  .. yes .... have we  been able to take our money back.... No ..So why should  back door fenty get his money back
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 30
December 22, 2020, 9:23am
Guest User
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Well the short answer is, the fans haven't loaned the club any money. But they have given it. Obviously we all remember this.

https://www.theguardian.com/fo.....000-transfer-manager

And this year we had season ticket holders not demanding a refund and prepared to buy again this year without the promise of being able to see a game. That must be worth a pretty penny.

Not forgetting of course that £841,800 was repaid by the club to 'directors' (we know which one). As per my previous post, £570k of that was money wasted on the Great Coates pipe dream. Wonder what PP cost us.

JSF motto must be something like: "My mistakes. You pay."

Yep.

And if Fenty gets his money back as part of a regime change at BP, his 16 year stewardship of the club won't have cost him a penny.
Just his reputation...
Reply: 5 - 30
December 22, 2020, 9:35am
Guest User
Next month I will have been supporting GTFC for 70 years!  I cannot possibly work out how much myself and my Dad spent in that time, but it's a hell of a lot of money.  I'm a fan, I don't want any of that money back, do you Fenty!  Give it up and just feck off, you're not wanted here!  #Fentyout.
Reply: 6 - 30
jaygy
December 22, 2020, 10:00am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
If he gets his money back he will have had the best part of 2 decades of watching town for free, using a box for free, eating for free every match day, getting VIP treatment at away games/wembley trips for free! Maybe he should take this into account when working out exactly what the club owes him. FENTY OUT!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 30
lew chaterleys lover
December 22, 2020, 10:01am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Collectively the fans have put many millions of pounds in - far more that Mr Fenty and his cronies. In fact, Mr Fenty has put sodomist all in really has he, seeing as he wants it all back? Initially he hoped to make money via the relocation, he lost the club a lot of money in all his failed attempts at that because he didn't have all his ducks in a row, to coin a phrase. Didn't really make much difference at Fenty towers though; he still wanted his money back, which is the most important thing. Those benign loans are certainly getting in the way.

I wonder how the talks are going?

Fenty out.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 30
ska face
December 22, 2020, 10:15am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
Let’s not forget the substantial pension contributions made to Fenty a few years back. I’m sure someone can check the proper figures, but didn’t he receive 2 payments of around £100k?

I could be wrong.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 30
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › "How much have you loaned the club?"

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.